Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Western Bulldogs > 30 pts

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

2nd half of the first quarter the Dogs dominated it. At 3/4 time both teams had dominated a quarter and a half and we were somehow 5 goals up. On balance of play the Bulldogs deserved to win

Last 5-10 minutes of the first maybe.

I'm watching the highlights now, the siren went before Jack Gunston kicked a goal right on 3QT. He clearly played on too.

I guess it's only bad when it goes against Hawthorn eh?

No it didn't. The kick was on its way as the siren went I reckon and clearly before the umpire had signalled the siren/quarter end.

I'm watching the highlights now, the siren went before Jack Gunston kicked a goal right on 3QT. He clearly played on too.

You do realise the quarter only ends when the umpire acknowledges the siren? You know after Gunston completed the goal.
Nuh that wouldn't fit your narrative, carry on.

On TV you normally hear it first. At the ground i heard the siren after he kicked it
It doesn't matter even if the siren went before he kicked it, the quarter isn't over until the umpire signals it. I thought it was a goal.

Post the footage to back your claim or gtfo really buddy.
The burden of proof is on you. Highlights are clear for you to analyze right here kid:

https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-03-31/bulldogs-storm-home-to-stun-ailing-hawks

You do realise the quarter only ends when the umpire acknowledges the siren? You know after Gunston completed the goal.
Nuh that wouldn't fit your narrative, carry on.
So the umpire acknowledged it too late, and at a crucial point. It's almost like he made an error.

Again though, only a bad thing if it's against Hawthorn I guess.

Quarter comes to an end when the umpire calls time, NOT when the siren sounds (how people still don't know this fact is beyond me). In the instance being discussed, the umpire signaled all clear for the goal BEFORE immediately calling time on the quarter

The burden of proof is on you. Highlights are clear for you to analyze right here kid:

https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-03-31/bulldogs-storm-home-to-stun-ailing-hawks

So the umpire acknowledged it too late, and at a crucial point. It's almost like he made an error.

You really don't understand the burden of proof so you? You made the claim …. You have to back it up.

But thanks for the link. And you are wrong. The ball's left the boot and the siren goes. That's a goal every day.

You really don't understand the burden of proof so you? You made the claim …. You have to back it up.

But thanks for the link. And you are wrong. The ball's left the boot and the siren goes. That's a goal every day.
There you go again, mindlessly claiming the contrary. Not persuading anyone. :)

You are grasping at straws. Giving a high for example when it isn't high is a mistake. Calling the end of the quarter when you hear it (which might not be when it first sounds) isn't a mistake, it is a situation acknowledged by the rules of the game and allowed for. Hence the rule that the quarter ends when the umpire hears it and signals the end.

I'm sure you can find an ACTUAL mistake from the umpire that favoured Hawthorn during the game. This isn't one.

You'd clearly been outplayed in the 1st (scoreboard flattered Dogs) and 3rd and dominated the second. In the last you guys were pressing with our lack of rotations but were making very little impact for most of the quarter until the few minutes of madness turned the game on it's head and gave you boys the spring in the legs to really run out those final few minutes.

To suggest the scoreboard flattered the Hawks is simply wrong.
Seems Clarko agrees with me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Siren went after he kicked it. Certainly no umpire signals

Couldnt believe when watching live.
Rewatched H2.
It did really happen.
WOW!!!!

Play ends when the Umpire hears the siren. Literally no one heard the siren on the field until after the goal was kicked. No Bulldogs player complained.

SO good point fella. Geez

So having watched the replay you get the feeling the umpires just had a collective moment of madness and Hawthorn were just the unlucky ones on the receiving end. Bad day at the office and some very embarrassed officials but, to be fair, the pressure of "edicts" coming out of Central office was always going to end with a farce like this. Much like the yo-yoing interpretation of "deliberate".

6 of 7 last quarter goals from free kicks.

Let that sink in.

What a screwjob from start to finish.
What a load of BS !!!

Two goals came from fee kicks in the last quarter.

Schache and Gowers. Gowers free was there, Schache lucky.

Bunch of old men got overrun by a younger hungrier team.

As Clarko said in his presser, game should have been over at half time.

Back