Autopsy Roast & Toast vs GWS, Rd 3 2019, & changes for Port

Best players vs GWS

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Doubt there will be any changes apart from forced ones due to injury or suspension
With maybe one player getting dropped for form reasons although I would love to see butler or Georgie come out and give Bolton a chance or if they need to give Rioli a week off after that decent hit he copped

Houli - Short
Grimes - Markov/Balta/Garth (probably in that order)
Caddy - Cotch
Ross - Martin

Rance - season
Riewoldt - 3-4 weeks
Cotchin - 4 weeks
Short - tba
Martin possible suspension
Houli - 1-2 weeks
Grigg - tba

Scenes down at Richmond

giphy (3).gif

how long is short out for ?

Probs 2 weeks for the snowflake

Last week jack fractured his wrist and plays out the rest of the game

Short pops an elbow out and needs a month off
Should of just popped it back in and had a jab

Who were the equivalent players to Cotchin Riewoldt Rance Houli Caddy & Grigg that Collingwood were missing last year?

The experienced flogs you bag were important parts of a team that won a premiership & came close to playing off for another one. Without them I doubt the likes of Miles Lloyd C.Ellis Stengle Menadue Bolton Markov Moore Soldo & Chol would have been able to provide the same results.

Go back and look up what they had out but they found a way and got through it. Our list isn't what it's made out to be and those players you mentioned cant be replaced especially Rance and cotch Jack the others you mentioned are so so. Just my opinion but I feel this season is gone but I hope I'm wrong.

You don't free up salary cap space with players like that. They'd be on minimum wage (or close to), and the replacements would be on the same.

Grigg & Ellis might get a few bucks more, but not enough to go shopping with (resigning the likes of Higgins would probably take up much of it)

Ellis is a restricted free agent which means he is in the top 25% paid players on our list - far from minimum chips.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It means he's on more than 75% of the other players on the list and not "minimum wage" as you put it.

An extra 100-200K above minimum isn't the kind of money that will attract the kind of "gun, young defender" being discussed.

Looks like Cotchin, Short, Martin and possibly Rioli will be joining Rance, Reiwoldt, Grigg and Houli on the sidelines.
The bad news is that's a huge amount of talent and experience to have out of any side.
The good news is that opportunity knocks and we'll find out a fair bit about a few players over the next month or so.
Will Sydney Stack build on his impressive debut and go from strength to strength? I reckon so.
Will Butler, Castagna, Ellis and Markov be retained due to the outs and will they find better form? Jury well and truly out here!
How quickly will Noah Balta develop? Will take a bit of time but this kid will be a player, IMHO.
Will people stop expecting Garthwaite to be Alex Rance after three games? Alex Rance wasn't Alex Rance for his first 50 games!
Will the return of Caddy and Grimes give us the leadership and hardness boost that we need at both ends of the ground!
Who of Bolton, Baker, Ross, Menadue, CCJ gets a crack this week? Will be exciting and interesting however we go.
Going to be an interesting game at the cesspit and I'm looking forward to it... win, lose or draw.

Go Tiges
Eat 'Em Alive

Can't quite understand the want to drop Markov. Went form a shocking 8 possession first game to a 20 possession acceptable second. One of our few players with actual pace. We are paper thin due to injuries as it is, with 3 likely outs through injury/suspension and surely Butler will be dropped, with Ellis hopefully, how far can you go in one week. Also Garthwaite looked so far off the pace, very slow.

No but I see players who could be replacing Cochin and Martin for this week, playing Instead of duds like weller, and putting pressure on underperformers like butler and ellis
Righto you post here your best 22 for next week. You can include players we delisted I.e. Miles, Ellis.
You can’t include Lynch as he wouldn’t be here.
You can’t include injured players.

Back