Round 6: Changes Vs Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Duman was just going for the stomach and Whitfield moved.... I mean Whitfield changed height...... i mean he didn't mean it... he's a really nice guy... here is his teacher from Kindy.

He'll probably get two weeks, first no-name player this year. AFL haven't been able to do much as those early in the season we're all big name players. Duman will get the book thrown at him, right so as well. Shouldn't be throwing fists.

Cox wasn't great.

Out: Duman, Cox
In: Blakely, McCarthy

Last edited:

Duman was just going for the stomach and Whitfield moved.... I mean Whitfield changed height...... i mean he didn't mean it... he's a really nice guy... he's his teacher from Kindy.

He'll probably get two weeks, first no-name player this year. AFL haven't been able to do much as those early in the season we're all big name players. Duman will get the book thrown at him, right so as well. Shouldn't be throwing fists.

Cox was awfully useless.

Out: Duman, Cox
In: Blakely, McCarthy
Cox didnt win much of the ball, but actually had a heap of important small touches. Including two palm downs where he flew for a mark and intentionally knocked the ball down to feo player that resulted n goals. Is a very, very smart player in my view. That said I expect McCarthy back in next game due to his 2019 form. Just imagine if Tabs, Hogan and McCarthy all click next week. Could be an awesome sight.

I also think Blakely will play half back predominately if he returns next week. So Duman for Blakely would make sense even if Duman is cleared. Colyer could also be dropped, but I think his pace is needed against the Bulldogs.

We have a solid balance.
Love the speed that Switkowski and Colyer bring. Switkowski forced so many early kicks from GWS’ backs. That sort of stuff can’t be underestimated.
Been very happy with Colyer too. Honestly thought he’s a hack, but doing his job too.
We have some genuine leg speed and it’s needed to balance our height.

Brayshaw frustrates with his disposal. His kicks always shank to the right, but he’s been massive in his own right.

I can only really see Cox out, McCarthy in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is Brayshaw's form due to second year blues? Or possibly a psychological issue due to Gaff's punch? I hope he hits his best soon.
Hard one to put a finger on. He doesn't seem to shirk many big contests though, still a hard nut so I'd say its more form. Also seems to be playing forward a bit more and I think he struggles other than as an inside mid.

They cost us today. They cost us percentage, and that can impact a season. But without him I don't think we win that game. Thing about Taberner is he is a learner, and continually improves.

Percentage - seriously? 4 points is all we care about, and the fact is simple as you said - without Taberner today we do not get 4 points, it is about how much we get beaten by, with Taberner - we won the game.

I would sign him up for 10 years.

Is Brayshaw's form due to second year blues? Or possibly a psychological issue due to Gaff's punch? I hope he hits his best soon.
Originally yes first two were shockers but a goldcoast prospect of winning whipped him into a frenzy and we all collectively breathed a sigh of relief as we knew then it wasnt gonna be long term, but that has now turned a bit into a form slump

I wonder if his poor disposal is because he panics more at a sub conscious level.

But he will sort it out future captain material.

Originally yes first two were shockers but a goldcoast prospect of winning whipped him into a frenzy and we all collectively breathed a sigh of relief as we knew then it wasnt gonna be long term, but that has now turned a bit into a form slump

I wonder if his poor disposal is because he panics more at a sub conscious level.

But he will sort it out future captain material.

I thought he was better today, especially at contested wins. He is horrendous in front of goal, but that is nothing new. I thought his possessions were a lot cleaner today and I will have to watch the game again, as I was watching in a busy pub, but I do recall thinking he had his best game for some time. Interesting to hear opinion on this.

Percentage - seriously? 4 points is all we care about, and the fact is simple as you said - without Taberner today we do not get 4 points, it is about how much we get beaten by, with Taberner - we won the game.

I would sign him up for 10 years.
Sorry, I was being pedantic to make a point, which is that he won us the 4 points. I don't give rats about percentage. But I do like them 4 points.

I think Brayshaw rushes his kicking action when going to kick and it seems to slide off outside of his foot to the right side. He needs to keep working on this at training and will come good. At least he is back kicking. The first couple of rounds he just seemed to be doing a Sandilands and handballing at every opportunity.

A lot of it is getting used to the pace of the game. It is why I feel Crowden should be cut a little slack as well. The young fella Dow from Carlton is the same - seems to shank a lot of kicks in the games I have seen but the talent is certainly evident.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Why did we have to lose to the Suns :(

Out: Cox (inj), Tabs
In: McCarthy, Darcy
Surely you're trolling?
If serious you have legit lost ALL credibility. I cursed his name once or twice sure. But he won that today - we don't get that win without him.
Time to change your preconceived notions my friend, don't be stubborn

Remove this Banner Ad

Back