Preview Changes: R6 2019 vs St Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Out: Milera, maybe Knight
In: idk... Sholl

Lynch worked hard, he's going nowhere
He had the stinkiest first half. Everything he touched turned to s**t

He fumbled a regulation handball at one stage in the second quarter. Ending up making amends and regathering but you could tell he was frustrated.

Minutes later he went up for a mark in the forward line and Greenwood cleaned him up taking that great pack mark.

Knocked Lynch over and he just sat there. Almost as though he was just trying to comprehend how on earth he could possibly be playing so badly.

Every kick was a diabolical error. Was incredible. Even if you were deliberately trying to make your team lose you'd do better as you'd try to disguise it a bit.

Second half was better thankfully. He was a bit the same against Geelong. Heaps of it, created lots of opportunities but jyst kept butchering them.

He's getting in all the right spots though and finding the ball. Surely it turns for him.

Can't get complacent. Side still needs improving

Out: Milera (shoulder), Lynch, Knight
In: Sholl, Gallucci, Stengle/Poholke/Jones

I'd be disgusted if we brought Jenkins back
Jenkins won’t come back until we lose and EH stinks it up. Even then he will need to do something to get back.

Do we know how long WMJ is out for?

Bugger, we've gone from having just one Best-22 unavailable (Brown) at the start of the season to six (Brown, Douglas, Jacobs, Seedsman, Doedee, Milera) in the space of five rounds.

Probably only one change this week.

Out - Milera (inj)
In - Gallucci or Poholke (Sholl must be an outside chance - he has been outstanding in the SANFL).

Himmelberg deserves another week. JJ didn't exactly set the world on fire down at Noarlunga.

Would love to see Scholl come in to see what he can do. Maybe Scholl and Gooch for Milera and Knight.
Wouldn't be against bringing Fog in for Lynch either but I think we will persist with him for a bit longer.

The players today with the most pressure on them to hold their spots were:

CEY - played arguably his best game for the club. He definitely stays in.

Mackay - was pretty good. A couple of standout plays. Stays in.

Murphy - was good. I’m far from convinced that he’ll be able to replicate that game at Marvel Stadium, but He definitely stays.

Knight - wasn’t very good. Very much in the gun now. The Milera injury may save him. Just not really sure what his role is.

Lynch - was awful in the first half. AWFUL. I don’t think we’ll drop him, but far out, his disposal is horrid atm.

Gibbs - serviceable, but disposal not up to par. Stays in.

Himmelberg - nothing spectacular, but solid. Certainly played better than JJ did against South Adelaide which is pretty amusing if you think about it.

Walker - was a monster in the 3rd quarter. Was never going to be dropped, but hopefully he can build on this performance. Confidence player.

Hartigan - he was ok.

Kelly - wasn’t bad. Are there matchups for both Kelly and Hartigan against the mosquito fleet of the Saints though? I’m genuinely concerned about what may happen when the ball hits the deck inside their Fwd 50.

So, what does that all mean? For me, the changes SHOULD be:

Out:
Milera (inj)
Knight (form)
Hartigan (team balance)

In:
Sholl (reward form, plus with all of Milera, Doedee and Brown out there’s a legit need for him across half back)
Gallucci (inject a bit of dash against a speedy Saints side)
Fogarty (liked his game against South, and can play as a genuine swingman with Hartigan out of the backline, and Knight out of the forward line.

Fully aware this won’t happen. We are more likely to see just the one change, with Poholke being rewarded for his one amazing quarter against South, coming in for Milera.

Out: Milera, maybe Knight
In: idk... Sholl

Lynch worked hard, he's going nowhere

I would be dropping Lynch this week for Fogarty or Stengle. Slllllllllllllllllllllllllllooooooooooowwww and in typical lynch form, turns the footy over at least twice a game trying to do these little annoying spear kicks where he either completely misses the target or kicks it into the man on the mark.

The players today with the most pressure on them to hold their spots were:

CEY - played arguably his best game for the club. He definitely stays in.

Mackay - was pretty good. A couple of standout plays. Stays in.

Murphy - was good. I’m far from convinced that he’ll be able to replicate that game at Marvel Stadium, but He definitely stays.

Knight - wasn’t very good. Very much in the gun now. The Milera injury may save him. Just not really sure what his role is.

Lynch - was awful in the first half. AWFUL. I don’t think we’ll drop him, but far out, his disposal is horrid atm.

Gibbs - serviceable, but disposal not up to par. Stays in.

Himmelberg - nothing spectacular, but solid. Certainly played better than JJ did against South Adelaide which is pretty amusing if you think about it.

Walker - was a monster in the 3rd quarter. Was never going to be dropped, but hopefully he can build on this performance. Confidence player.

Hartigan - he was ok.

Kelly - wasn’t bad. Are there matchups for both Kelly and Hartigan against the mosquito fleet of the Saints though? I’m genuinely concerned about what may happen when the ball hits the deck inside their Fwd 50.

So, what does that all mean? For me, the changes SHOULD be:

Out:
Milera (inj)
Knight (form)
Hartigan (team balance)

In:
Sholl (reward form, plus with all of Milera, Doedee and Brown out there’s a legit need for him across half back)
Gallucci (inject a bit of dash against a speedy Saints side)
Fogarty (liked his game against South, and can play as a genuine swingman with Hartigan out of the backline, and Knight out of the forward line.

Fully aware this won’t happen. We are more likely to see just the one change, with Poholke being rewarded for his one amazing quarter against South, coming in for Milera.

The reason Tex was so good tonight was because for once we actually got a bit of dash from the HB and our mids actually did something, like be clean. This will always be the case, allow tex space and he will hurt you.

B: Kelly - Talia - Gibbs
HB: Smith - Keath - Laird
C: Atkins - B Crouch - Mackay
HF: Gallucci - Walker - Lynch
F: Betts - Himmelberg - Greenwood
R: O’Brien - M Crouch - Sloane
Int: CEY, Fogarty, Murphy, Sholl

In: Sholl, Fogarty, Gallucci
Out: Milera (inj), Hartigan, Knight

(Log in to remove this ad.)

St Kilda will be a very tough match for us in current form

BUT

So far they've beaten Gold Coast, Essendon, Hawthorn and Melbourne with a loss to Fremantle. All but the Melbourne win were narrow victories. Essendon hadn't regained form yet. Melbourne, Gold Coast and Hawthorn not exactly flying this year.

Sitting 1st makes a team look unbeatable but I think it could be a bit closer than some will expect

Remove this Banner Ad

Back