Preview Changes: R6 vs Hawthorn, Sunday April 23, 12.40pm ACST @ York Park (Tasmania)

Remove this Banner Ad

"Frost is just horrid tho, tries hard, athlete, but that's where it stops, can't handball, can't kick, no footy iq."

We have one of those players too and its *!n frustrating.
He took two absolutely monstrous contested marks in defense in the last qtr I believe and they were within a minute of each other, both of them resulted in quick hand offs and clangers/turnovers.

He took a run in the middle and handballed it to the feet of our player, another one not long after he handballed it straight to the opposition.

He got caught out on Hogan a few times, one on one and with him just not being in the right spot, Hogan got out the back once.

I'm backing Nankervis as non-playing travelling emergency

Ned as sub

Hately & Himmelberg SANFL
The SANFL midfield is stacked.

Crouch, Berry, Schoenberg, Brown, Hately

Taylor and Dowling will be stuck playing in the forward pocket and will struggle to get any midfield time.

That's why it should probably be Hately as the travelling emergency.

Do we have any idea who is traveling with the team? I personally would take Nank as it would be a good bonding experience for him and he could be introdued to AFL as sub in a lower key atmosphere where there is not the pressure of a massive crowd. He is also very versatile and can play many positions if someone is injured and he needs to come on early.

I don’t think we have done a video so I doubt Nank is in the mix ?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Story on Chayce in the local rag "The Mercury".

Tasmanian Chayce Jones has a new role for Adelaide and he’s loving every minute of it​

Tasmanian AFL player Chayce Jones has a new role for Adelaide and he’s loving every minute of it as the Crows prepare to face Hawks in Launceston

ADELAIDE fans have been starved for September action since the grand final fail in 2017 but wingman Chayce Jones believes this year the Crows have built the firepower to earn their place in the finals.
The 25-year-old Tasmanian was drafted at pick nine in 2018 when Adelaide started its finals famine.
He hopes this year the drought can be broken.
“We want to play finals _ that’s the ultimate goal,” Jones said.
“We will keep working hard and hopefully toward the end of the year we can show what we’ve got and go a long way.”

Jones played first AFL game in Tasmania last year when he racked up his half-century in Hobart.
He will finally play on his home deck when Adelaide plays Hawthorn on Sunday and show how he has made the transition from defender to a more attacking role.
“I’m more on the wing this year and playing more up the ground than I did last year,” Jones said.

“It came about after talking with the coaches. I played as a midfielder growing up and when I was at Launceston under Sammy Lonergan but I’m just loving being able to play my role for the team.”
Crows had a rough start to the season with a 16-point away loss to the Giants in round one and a 32-point home loss to Richmond a week later.
Since then they are undefeated following a 31-point derby win over Port Adelaide, a 39-point home win over Fremantle and a 56-point thumping of Carlton in the Gather Round.
That has Adelaide seventh on the ladder with last-placed Hawthorn next on the hit-list.
“We got that consistency into our game that you need for four quarters and it’s great to have that week in, week out,” Jones said.
“Coming to Tassie, the Hawks have been tough down there so we are expecting good contest.”

So McAdam not even in the 26? Berry also not there? Interesting. Let themselves push their case via the SANFL as eventually injuries will bite. Good to have depth.
McAdam hasn’t played for four weeks. Makes sense.

We were in the stand behind the goals where the wind was blowing - and just shaking our heads that "our up and coming unbeaten team" couldn't adapt to a strong wind.

Chatting to a Crows fan BEFORE the game who was adamant that our coach was a game-day idiot and we were no certainties ... was the first time I really started to worry about him as coach, that I wasn't being harsh enough on him.
Sadly , my mates and I flew to Tassie for the match. In the first half the wind was as strong as any game I have attended. The Maestro refused to put a loose man/men in our back lines after we lost the toss and kicked against the gale in the first quarter and we were 10 goals down at quarter time. Brad Scott said “thank you very much” and put two loose men in defence in the second quarter (which we dominated but failed to score enough). Perhaps Don was doing some early experimentation for the 6/6/6 🙄.

Centre bounce firestarters: Is this the most valuable role in footy?​

They're not only great celebrators, but are having a huge say in the middle of the ground. Cal Twomey crunches the numbers
By Callum Twomey - 13 hrs ago
RachelePapley.jpg

THEY are the small forwards having big impacts through the midfield. And they are the player every club wants on their list.
Melbourne premiership star Kysaiah Pickett has been similarly deployed, as has Josh Rachele at Adelaide, where both have been midfield firestarters who then hit the scoreboard.

Pickett has averaged more than five centre bounce attendances this season and spends about a quarter of his game time in the midfield. But he ranks No.1 at Melbourne for his centre bounce win rate, which is when the Demons win the centre clearance when he's in attendance.

Rachele is the same for the Crows, although he has an even bigger sample size to pick from.

The air-punching goal celebrations have taken attention but Rachele's capacity to win the ball in the midfield has been crucial for the Crows, with the 20-year-old splitting his time 49 per cent as a midfielder and 51 per cent as a forward. It's no wonder coach Matthew Nicks wants Rachele in the centre: Champion Data shows he has a 47 per cent centre bounce win rate.

Centre bounce attendancesMidfield time %Forward time %ClearancesCentre bounce win rateClub Rank
Josh Rachele 13.249%51%1.847%#1
Jade Gresham 10.228%72%0.849%#4
Cam Zurhaar7.629%71%2.861%#1
Tom Papley6.217%83%3.045%#5
Kysaiah Pickett 5.327%73%1.063%#1
Sam Switkowski 3.611%89%1.256%#1

They're not only great celebrators, but are having a huge say in the middle of the ground. Cal Twomey crunches the numbers
RachelePapley.jpg

THEY are the small forwards having big impacts through the midfield. And they are the player every club wants on their list.
Melbourne premiership star Kysaiah Pickett has been similarly deployed, as has Josh Rachele at Adelaide, where both have been midfield firestarters who then hit the scoreboard.

Pickett has averaged more than five centre bounce attendances this season and spends about a quarter of his game time in the midfield. But he ranks No.1 at Melbourne for his centre bounce win rate, which is when the Demons win the centre clearance when he's in attendance.

Rachele is the same for the Crows, although he has an even bigger sample size to pick from.

The air-punching goal celebrations have taken attention but Rachele's capacity to win the ball in the midfield has been crucial for the Crows, with the 20-year-old splitting his time 49 per cent as a midfielder and 51 per cent as a forward. It's no wonder coach Matthew Nicks wants Rachele in the centre: Champion Data shows he has a 47 per cent centre bounce win rate.

Centre bounce attendancesMidfield time %Forward time %ClearancesCentre bounce win rateClub Rank
If thats Pickett's trajectory and capability in the midfield, it makes him a priority IMO.

Happy for us to trade our 1st rounder for him.

Our time is now or never.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tasmanian Chayce Jones has a new role for Adelaide and he’s loving every minute of it​

“It came about after talking with the coaches. I played as a midfielder growing up and when I was at Launceston under Sammy Lonergan but I’m just loving being able to play my role for the team.”
Crows had a rough start to the season with a 16-point away loss to the Giants in round one and a 32-point home loss to Richmond a week later.
Since then they are undefeated following a 31-point derby win over Port Adelaide, a 39-point home win over Fremantle and a 56-point thumping of Carlton in the Gather Round.
That has Adelaide seventh on the ladder with last-placed Hawthorn next on the hit-list.
“We got that consistency into our game that you need for four quarters and it’s great to have that week in, week out,” Jones said.
“Coming to Tassie, the Hawks have been tough down there so we are expecting good contest.”

Another player who had to tell Nicks where he's most suited to playing.

Oh well, at least Nicksy will listen. 😉

RachelePapley.jpg

"Centre Bounce Win Rate" - And we have a new front runner in the race for the wankiest stat.

We should be looking to rotate some of our players & that includes managing Sloane for games off during the season.

Dawson & Laird are probably the only mids that play every game.

RachelePapley.jpg

Yeah… and a few round here reckon we shouldnt go after Kozzie Pickett because he “isn’t a real need”..

RachelePapley.jpg

A 47% win rate is better than only Papley on that list.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back