Preview Changes: R6 vs Hawthorn, Sunday April 23, 12.40pm ACST @ York Park (Tasmania)

Remove this Banner Ad

A 47% win rate is better than only Papley on that list.
How many of them spent the minutes in the midfield Josh did, bit of difference there, you think the others could maintain that if they spent as much time in there?

Story on Chayce in the local rag "The Mercury".

Tasmanian Chayce Jones has a new role for Adelaide and he’s loving every minute of it​

Tasmanian AFL player Chayce Jones has a new role for Adelaide and he’s loving every minute of it as the Crows prepare to face Hawks in Launceston

ADELAIDE fans have been starved for September action since the grand final fail in 2017 but wingman Chayce Jones believes this year the Crows have built the firepower to earn their place in the finals.
The 25-year-old Tasmanian was drafted at pick nine in 2018 when Adelaide started its finals famine.
He hopes this year the drought can be broken.
“We want to play finals _ that’s the ultimate goal,” Jones said.
“We will keep working hard and hopefully toward the end of the year we can show what we’ve got and go a long way.”

Jones played first AFL game in Tasmania last year when he racked up his half-century in Hobart.
He will finally play on his home deck when Adelaide plays Hawthorn on Sunday and show how he has made the transition from defender to a more attacking role.
“I’m more on the wing this year and playing more up the ground than I did last year,” Jones said.

“It came about after talking with the coaches. I played as a midfielder growing up and when I was at Launceston under Sammy Lonergan but I’m just loving being able to play my role for the team.”
Crows had a rough start to the season with a 16-point away loss to the Giants in round one and a 32-point home loss to Richmond a week later.
Since then they are undefeated following a 31-point derby win over Port Adelaide, a 39-point home win over Fremantle and a 56-point thumping of Carlton in the Gather Round.
That has Adelaide seventh on the ladder with last-placed Hawthorn next on the hit-list.
“We got that consistency into our game that you need for four quarters and it’s great to have that week in, week out,” Jones said.
“Coming to Tassie, the Hawks have been tough down there so we are expecting good contest.”
Thought he was 23 not 25.....

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Tasmanian Chayce Jones has a new role for Adelaide and he’s loving every minute of it​

Tasmanian AFL player Chayce Jones has a new role for Adelaide and he’s loving every minute of it as the Crows prepare to face Hawks in Launceston

ADELAIDE fans have been starved for September action since the grand final fail in 2017 but wingman Chayce Jones believes this year the Crows have built the firepower to earn their place in the finals.
The 25-year-old Tasmanian was drafted at pick nine in 2018 when Adelaide started its finals famine.
“We will keep working hard and hopefully toward the end of the year we can show what we’ve got and go a long way.”

Jones played first AFL game in Tasmania last year when he racked up his half-century in Hobart.
He will finally play on his home deck when Adelaide plays Hawthorn on Sunday and show how he has made the transition from defender to a more attacking role.
“I’m more on the wing this year and playing more up the ground than I did last year,” Jones said.

“It came about after talking with the coaches. I played as a midfielder growing up and when I was at Launceston under Sammy Lonergan but I’m just loving being able to play my role for the team.”
Crows had a rough start to the season with a 16-point away loss to the Giants in round one and a 32-point home loss to Richmond a week later.
Since then they are undefeated following a 31-point derby win over Port Adelaide, a 39-point home win over Fremantle and a 56-point thumping of Carlton in the Gather Round.
That has Adelaide seventh on the ladder with last-placed Hawthorn next on the hit-list.
“We got that consistency into our game that you need for four quarters and it’s great to have that week in, week out,” Jones said.
“Coming to Tassie, the Hawks have been tough down there so we are expecting good contest.”
I didn’t realise Jones was 25

Matt Crouch for Soligo. Just for his experience

Playing the hawks in Tassie is like the bulldogs in Ballarat. Its a horrible place where the conditions are terrible no matter what, 23 and sunny is a disaster still.
You need guys like Tex and Sloane out there just to keep it steady.

Mate, I live in Launceston and you really have no idea about the weather here, especially this time of year.
UTAS has a beautiful deck (I know the groundskeeper….), it’ll be 21, sunny with a gentle breeze.
No excuses.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Sadly , my mates and I flew to Tassie for the match. In the first half the wind was as strong as any game I have attended. The Maestro refused to put a loose man/men in our back lines after we lost the toss and kicked against the gale in the first quarter and we were 10 goals down at quarter time. Brad Scott said “thank you very much” and put two loose men in defence in the second quarter (which we dominated but failed to score enough). Perhaps Don was doing some early experimentation for the 6/6/6 .

Launceston is not Hobart.
Unlikely to be a 10 goal wind that stops at quarter time on Sunday.
I live in Launceston but will be in Sydney game-day. Poor timing to say the least.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

“The 25 year old…”

he only just turned 23!

Anyone know what is happening with Matt crouch? Purely for supercoach draft purposes he is cemented on my bench

Anyone know what is happening with Matt crouch? Purely for supercoach draft purposes he is cemented on my bench
He may come in as a rotational player but our injury list and a move towards different players has seen him pushed back and will most likely play at least 3/4 of games in the SANFL

Its not Berry for Dawson its Berry for Sloane

Out of all the Berry enthusiasts, only 2 were brave enough to actually say who should come out. And Kane McGoodwin said we should rotate players in/out for management reasons and Berry's a respectable replacement. Kudos for not just negging my post, but putting up an argument.

So the Berry enthusiasts are super keen on a player who, at best, they think can replace a half lame Sloane. Not a huge endorsement.

I reiterate. I don't wanna see Berry in the team. Because if I do, it means we have injuries or serious form drops and our team overall is weaker than it could be.

Sounds like we all agree we're talking about that "last picked" 21st/22nd position like Murphy/Sloane/Keays type spots, those are actually extremely valuable slots and we MUST use them wisely. History would have us play someone like Berry in there until he's got ~50 games, then delisted (Galluci, Rowe). HUGE mistake waste of games. History would see us keep someone like Taylor on the list for years without getting a go, or only a game or 2, and still never be sure if he can make a career. Another HUGE mistake.

I'd hate to see those mistakes again.

If a spot opens up I want to see the unproven folks given a go, over a guy who, at best, can be a respectable replacement for a half lame Sloane.

If a spot opens up I want to see the unproven folks given a go, over a guy who, at best, can be a respectable replacement for a half lame Sloane.
A half lame sloane was last year. He’s not playing like that this year.
this statement isn’t fair at all.
Anybody can replace a half lame sloane.

I went to the main board, looking for the Game Day Thread.
Scrolled up and down a few times, looking more closely every time. Then I realised:

forehead slaps.gif

I hate waiting for Sunday games :grimacing::rage:.

A half lame sloane was last year. He’s not playing like that this year.
this statement isn’t fair at all.
Anybody can replace a half lame sloane.
Fair call. So you agree Berry shouldn't be in the team right now, and if he's picked, we're a weaker team?

Great. We agree.

Yep, lacerated tongue, he is named, and will play.

It's the quickest part of the body to heal, and he trained fully this week.
Wingard, at team meeting before injury:
"Look, fellas, Adelaide are in elite form. Unless we play out of our skins we're headed for a hammering".
Mitchell:
"Hold that thought, Chad; bite your tongue"... nek minnit ...

(too soon?) :sneaky:

Last edited:
I live in Launceston but will be in Sydney game-day. Poor timing to say the least.
I identify and sympathise.
My work takes me to Outback NSW (just S of Hebel Qld.) for 10-22 days at a time and the Motel free-to-air TV is an odd combo of Qld/NSW channels, ABC and Imparja. Rarely shows Crows games :(:grimacing:.

I didn't know about AFL. com replays until this year, but really I haven't missed much 2018-22 :rolleyes:.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back