Preview Changes: R6 vs Hawthorn, Sunday April 23, 12.40pm ACST @ York Park (Tasmania)

Remove this Banner Ad

It's a 9 day break, I don't think they'll be resting anyone.
I think they will go unchanged. Reward for a great win.
Give Tex a big break.

bring him back super refreshed.

just silly to grind his old bones into the ground when we have so much firepower in our forward line.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s crazy to think that Sam Berry is now kinda no chance of getting back in the side without an injury. Thought he might challenge for club champion this year!

On the surface, this looks like one the very rare “unchanged” scenarios (probably the only time most people will agree with this all season), but, it is certainly possible that someone is carrying a niggle and will be managed.

Leading candidates for this appear to be Butts (looked better tonight, but is definitely at least a yard slower than he was in 2021 so maybe carrying something), Soligo (looked really off tonight so maybe there’s a niggle there), Tex (he’s old, and definitely won’t play 23 games so maybe this is a perfect chance to give him 16ish days between games to freshen him up) or Sloane (old, unlikely to play 23 games).

If it is determined that all of those guys are 100%, it’s unchanged.

If one of them needs a spell, we’d bring either Borlase or Keane in for Butts, McHenry would be the likely in for Soligo, Berry or McHenry would come in for Sloane, and McAdam would replace Tex.

Nankervis would be the wildcard if we wanted to debut someone. I suspect he’s very slightly ahead of Taylor in the “next to make their AFL debut” stakes (unless Borlase gets a call up for Butts this week of course).

The lid is so far off I won't even call for Hinge's delisting demotion.

Tex must be managed though I think. Gets McAdam back into the side neatly enough and there isn't a whole heap of reason to take him to a shithole like Launceston. Give him a couple of weeks rest.

Give Tex a rest and bring in McAdam
Worrell will be fit so it will be interesting if Nick's brings him in.

Soligo should be dropped. Exactly the sort of player you don't want to feel secure in his spot after an abysmal performance, and with a like-for-like swap unluckily sitting on the sub bench too.

Ridiculous post and we don't have a like-for-like swap for Soligo just sitting on the sidelines either.

Berry for Ned as sub
If Tex needs a rest, Gollant comes in

That’s all
Nah Berry needs to find his 2022 form again in the SANFL....McHenry is in good form 21 disposals and 2 goals against Port in the SANFL and then in the bests against Freo last week and did nothing wrong tonight that suggests Berry gets picked before him.

I would go unchanged.

Reading a few posts about Tex being rested. I suggest that's a bad idea. Tex body feels good and he is moving well. Resting players has always felt arrogant to me and as bad as Hawthorn is, we are yet to prove we can rely on a non Tex forward line. Maybe I'd say rest through subbing him in the third quarter of the game is virtually beyond doubt. McAdam should play a SANFL game

On CPH2371 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back