Preview Round 6: Essendon vs Collingwood, MCG, ANZAC Day, 3:20 PM

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did it a few weeks back.

First 5 hrs >> movies & a few reds
Last 10 hrs>> shuteye

Landed 7.30am & was good as gold all day.

Yeah, that’s the plan but with three kids whether it pans out that way....

Isn't that a normal pre-game session for most here? I'm just judging based on the gameday thread posting standard.
Lies. You're judging based on the many Tankeds you've attended!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We were bloody stiff to not beat them the second time around last season.

Bags was pretty bad against the Kangas, he probably has enough credit in the bank to persist for this game. Laverde is now breathing down his neck.

I’d drop Ham and Guelfi for Smith and Zaka. Parish very lucky, his foot skills need to improve a lot.

Great test coming up against the pies at the right time.

We were bloody stiff to not beat them the second time around last season.

Bags was pretty bad against the Kangas, he probably has enough credit in the bank to persist for this game. Laverde is now breathing down his neck.

I’d drop Ham and Guelfi for Smith and Zaka. Parish very lucky, his foot skills need to improve a lot.

Great test coming up against the pies at the right time.

Persist and Baguley should not be in the same sentence.

Did it a few weeks back.

First 5 hrs >> movies & a few reds
Last 10 hrs>> shuteye

Landed 7.30am & was good as gold all day.
Gawwdam im jealous of those who can sleep on planes.
8 - 10 hours in i go delirious and start solving world problems on napkins. Then i watch the s**t movies because it is their only chance for me to ever consider them decent

ANZAC day is made for players like de goey. He's a fantastic player and even with limited supply can still do a lot of damage. With mihojek in form and cox, stephenson and elliot, I quite like the pies forward line.

Of course our forward line is strong as well and i think our defensive line is better than the pies. In all likelihood the game is won in the middle and the pies have the advantage their. If we break even there, I think we win.

We just need Stringer to kick more than De Goey - the balance of our forward line is stronger than theirs.

Of course the game will swing with the midfield battle.

The glow of the win has worn off and it's left me pessimistic. We've beaten 9th, 17th & 18th on the ladder. You can only beat who you play, but it's left me thinking we could be overrating ourselves on the back of some average opponents. Fingers crossed my doubts are unfounded.
We actually beat 17th and 18th!! Wow.

We just need Stringer to kick more than De Goey - the balance of our forward line is stronger than theirs.

Of course the game will swing with the midfield battle.

Rucks aside, Bombers’ key position players are collectively better than Collingwood’s but the Pies have the edge in ruck, mids, general depth and experience.

But Collingwood mids haven’t properly fired so far this season. The inclusion of Beams, absence of Sier and delayed start of Adams has thrown out the balance. They are yet to properly gel as a unit.

All of Pies’ forwards are genuinely dangerous without an over-reliance on anyone. In 2018 all of DeGoey, Stephenson, Hoskin-Elliott, Mihochek, Thomas and Cox kicked more than 20 goals. This year you can add Jamie Elliott to that list if he stays healthy. Not many teams have that scoring depth and variety. It’s nearly impossible to keep them all quiet.

Should be a cracker of a match. Pies by about 2 goals. Good luck!

Rucks aside, Bombers’ key position players are collectively better than Collingwood’s but the Pies have the edge in ruck, mids, general depth and experience.

But Collingwood mids haven’t properly fired so far this season. The inclusion of Beams, absence of Sier and delayed start of Adams has thrown out the balance. They are yet to properly gel as a unit.

All of Pies’ forwards are genuinely dangerous without an over-reliance on anyone. In 2018 all of DeGoey, Stephenson, Hoskin-Elliott, Mihochek, Thomas and Cox kicked more than 20 goals. This year you can add Jamie Elliott to that list if he stays healthy. Not many teams have that scoring depth and variety. It’s nearly impossible to keep them all quiet.

Should be a cracker of a match. Pies by about 2 goals. Good luck!

I think both forward lines are capable of kicking plenty of goals if they get enough service. I'm glad that Elliot is back playing footy again even though it doesn't help our chances but it would have been tragic if a forward as talented as him was lost to the game. I think there will be some cracking matchups all over the ground and I'm particularly intrigued to see how our backline matches up against your forward line. Some of the small forwards vs small defender matchups should be very exciting both ways.

For mine the biggest edge to Collingwood is the ruck. It'd be hard to see Grundy not clearly winning vs Bellchambers around the ground (in hitouts I expect Bellchambers will be pretty solid). I expect Cox vs Daniher in the ruck to be a hitout win to Cox and around the ground win to Daniher but probably not a huge impact unless Cox finds himself on Daniher within our forward 50 which could be awkward for him. On paper Collingwood have a clear edge in the midfield but our midfield is in pretty good nick at the moment and playing confident footy and some of our speedy flankers like Fantasia are making an impact through there which muddies up the matchups. If there's one bloke who always tears it up vs us its Sidebottom. I'd actually like to see us play McGrath on him who will actually play accountable footy and has a good engine and some defensive nous, unlike what we normally do which is play Zaka who normally doesn't get anywhere near him and just plays his own game.

Anyway should hopefully be a cracking game and it will be interesting to see which team can force their style of play onto the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back