2019 FEDERAL ELECTION

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yeah, and it was smart.

Not a word of policy. Which means they will now go HAM and attack the safety net and public services. A lot of retirees and pensioners are going to cop it hard.
They will have learned their lesson from first Abbott budget and do it quietly. People get what they deserve and they can go ahead and enjoy it, particularly as the economy drops over the coming years

Petrie has been retained very comfortably.

It is no longer a marginal LNP seat.

Basically, whoever wins Petrie wins government.

I'll call this for the LNP.

This is the greatest victory ever in Australian politics.

It's very possible that the ALP won't win in 2022 either if Petrie's status holds, unless this election breaks Petrie's status as a bellwether seat.

Polls are wrong all over the western world because moderate conservatives are too scared to say what they actually think for fear of being smashed and abused by over zealous lefties.

Until they get to an anonymous polling booth.. or to on post bigfooty.. you hear more conservative views here than you would just about anywhere else.

Oh yes.

Chief and his band of left-wing moderators sooking on these forums for another whole 3 years!!!! Cop that!!
A toast! To 3 more years of whinging!

champagne_toast_insert_by_Bigstock.jpg

I’ve never understood this; do we want the cool kid as PM or someone that leads a team with good policy? Shorten is just a typical politician, no more or less likeable than Morrison. I mean, otherwise, we may as well vote for Chris Hemsworth.

Scratch that, I want Chris Hemsworth as PM.
It's not about if you want the cool kid to be the PM, it's if you want someone to be the PM at all. If you can't win an election your policy is irrelevant.

I strongly dislike him, but Scott Morrison has much more camera presence than Shorten. Your average low information voter has tuned out by Shortens second sentence in a speech.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wasn't that the smart move though?
If your opposition is releasing **** policies, why counter them?
Turns out it was the smart move. I thought most Australians were over the negate campaign style. Turns out we love a fear campaign.

Turns out there was no need to counter anything. Now we wait and see what happens with a full term Morrison LNP government.

SE Queensland is not much less conservative than the regions. Gold Coast is the Bible Belt of Australia.

Definitely to the right of Melbourne, but I don't really agree with this, based on the SSM survey.

Around 61% of Queenslanders voted for gay marriage, and the figure was even higher in SE Queensland.

Always have a laugh at those who think it’s going to be the end of the world when their favoured party looks like losing an election. To the average person nothing will change in their lives.
The difference is this time Labor actually put forward a comprehensive suite of policies. Some of which is needed and will never get voiced again.

ABC privatised by next week, Adani will go ahead, crumbs will be thrown to workers, big end of town get wealthier, increase of Australian wealth into fewer hands, more businesses head to Cayman Islands to avoid paying taxes, independent schools get cash, Medicare run down etc etc etc

They will have learned their lesson from first Abbott budget and do it quietly. People get what they deserve and they can go ahead and enjoy it, particularly as the economy drops over the coming years
Morrison is anything but quiet.

The way he usurped the leadership, the preference deals the Libs did and the way he campaigned has shown that.

So I asked my old man about what Labor did wrong. He said Albo wouldn't have won this election. He reckons Labor put out too many policies and it scared people. His words were "too much too soon".

So I guess that confirms policies don't really matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back