No Oppo Supporters Double-Death-Riding Carlton 2019 Edition - Currently Pick 1 and 19

What month will Bolton be sacked?

• April

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • May

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • June

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • July

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • August

• September

• He won't get the sack this year

Votes: 22 78.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are we allowed to change the prefix of this thread to “no carlton supporters” instead of “no opposition supporters”?...

Sadly, there is only the NOS prefix, not a Carlolton-specific prefix

Other opposition posters are generally welcome

Which i guess speaks volumes about their floggishness

They have been saying that Cripps is impossible to tag but 14 disposals tells us that is not true. If teams look closely into what GWS did to him, pick 1 is as good as ours.

Sadly, there is only the NOS prefix, not a Carlolton-specific prefix

Other opposition posters are generally welcome

Which i guess speaks volumes about their floggishness

I think its important to point out to visitors reading this thread that the Carlton posters were welcomed when it first opened.

They completely derailed this thread with their BS. We had no choice but to exclude them.

They were thumping their chests back in January ad nauseum, "We will win 8-9 game and wont be a bottom 4 Club".

Thank you Brendan. A top 5 picks is now a confirmed lock and some potential elite blue chip talent available that will be slotted into our starting team next year.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/af...s/news-story/cf1a77814167277a059a78c4c8e30ec0

At the top, recruiting sources suggest Vic Metro midfielder Matthew Rowell is on par, if not better than 2018 No.1 pick Sam Walsh, which will be an appealing aspect for the side with the first selection.

His best mate Noah Anderson is another who will be at the pointy end of the draft, with the flashy midfielders work and goalkicking ability giving him a point of difference.

Vic Metro teammate Dylan Williams has X-Factor like no other, with the utility playing in almost every position so far in 2019. The left footer knows where the goals are, given he booted a huge bag of seven goals in a school football Grand Final for Whitefriars in 2018. In the TAC Cup finals series, Williams booted 14 goals in his three games.

Another Victoria who might feature in the top few selections is Hayden Young. The classy left footer reads the play exceptionally well across half back, hitting targets with ease by foot. Young’s older brother Lachie is on the Western Bulldogs list and has played five games since being selected in last year’s rookie draft. Caleb Serong and Sam Flanders are other top Vic Country prospects who will find a home come draft time.

Dylan Stephens might be the best prospect from outside Victoria, with the left footer having played SANFL League football for Norwood in 2019.

Sorry for the intrusion, but do you guys have Carlton's second-round pick as well? If so, how did you manage that? (Tried looking this up but it's too confusing for this simpleton.)

We traded Pick 24 and our 2019 5th to GWS for Pick 28 and Carlton's 2019 2nd during the draft last year. GWS had Carlton's second from the Setterfield trade

Pick 24 was Carlton's 2018 2nd but moved back to 24 after Academy selections. We got Carlton's 2018 2nd as part of the Bryce Gibbs trade

Sorry for the intrusion, but do you guys have Carlton's second-round pick as well? If so, how did you manage that? (Tried looking this up but it's too confusing for this simpleton.)

images.jpeg.jpg

From memory, it was from GWS. We traded Pick #24 (2018) and a future 5th rounder to GWS for Carlton's 2019 Second Rounder and a pick in the high 20's.

That pick 24 was what we got with Gibbs for giving up 2 firsts. Carlton traded two similar picks for the McGovern pick 13 trade as we will have gotten from that 2nd involved in the Gibbs trade.

But no one will mention that when saying we gave up 2 1sts for Gibbs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is some logic to this. Tragic, sad yet hillarious logic, but logic none the less.
It also completely ignores the fact that Pick 1 could have been used to trade for a very good player, either outright, or with some picks going back to Carlton to sweeten the deal. Pick 12 will require sweeteners from Carlton to trade for a very good player. However, the Carlton posters seem to conveniently ignore that fact and treat Pick 1 and 12 as though they are interchangeable.

It also completely ignores the fact that Pick 1 could have been used to trade for a very good player, either outright, or with some picks going back to Carlton to sweeten the deal. Pick 12 will require sweeteners from Carlton to trade for a very good player. However, the Carlton posters seem to conveniently ignore that fact and treat Pick 1 and 12 as though they are interchangeable.

True, but it does not resemble our Earth logic.

My point is, while we are absolutley frothing at the prospect of pick 1, it's not new territory for them, they have had several.

And yet here they are, looking at another spoon. They may as well trade them for magic beans. Keeping them hasnt worked. Even sticking them fairly up their clackers would reap the same benefit. i.e. none.

I’ve had a quick peak on their board and noted a couple of things.

1. They’re downplaying the potential Pick 1 lost. Apparently they’ve had so many top picks, that another 1 wouldn’t have made a difference.

It's not that they're wrong, it's just that the logical follow through of this is that they're done as a football club.

Prime move to Tasmania candidates.

I like that Carlton supporters are now referring to the Stocker pick as Pick 6, rather than the Pick 19, as a way to justify Pick 12 for Pick 1 being an even trade.

I keep forgetting that Stocker was taken at pick 19, not pick 6. :p

It's not that they're wrong, it's just that the logical follow through of this is that they're done as a football club.

Prime move to Tasmania candidates.

Tasmania will Build A Wall before that happens.

In all seriousness - apart from lolling and hoping they crash and burn for the sake of our draft pick, I do feel sorry for Carlton supporters (well, not the flogs among them). No supporter base deserves to be treated the way their club has treated them.

I also have sympathy for Bolton. OK, so he's not up to the job, but you can't blame him for having a crack at it - who wouldn't take that opportunity - and now, unfortunately, he's copping and going to cop some pretty awful personal attacks.

I have less sympathy for SOS. He just comes across as arrogant.

I keep forgetting that Stocker was taken at pick 19, not pick 6. :p

Tasmania will Build A Wall before that happens.

In all seriousness - apart from lolling and hoping they crash and burn for the sake of our draft pick, I do feel sorry for Carlton supporters (well, not the flogs among them). No supporter base deserves to be treated the way their club has treated them.

I also have sympathy for Bolton. OK, so he's not up to the job, but you can't blame him for having a crack at it - who wouldn't take that opportunity - and now, unfortunately, he's copping and going to cop some pretty awful personal attacks.

I have less sympathy for SOS. He just comes across as arrogant.

Bolton would make for an excellent junior coach. Always positive, loves the players, greenshoots. etc etc.

Thanks, all. This has brightened my day immensely. You only get one SOS in your lifetime, so make it count.

Funnily enough, we also had their 2019 fifth round pick as well, but we gave it back to them to move up the draft order (from 67 to 64) and take Lachlan Scholl from under Geelong's nose.

Good ol' Carlton :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back