Preview Roos Vs Dogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's coming back from a concussion and didn't play the last VFL game, so I think they're easing him back. I can understand that somewhat.

Wood probably has more of a case to be dropped over Garner but then again I haven't found Garners form to be amazing so far.

Still smells like the club wants to compete...

You would think Garners body would be feeling it after missing so much footy. Wood must be on his last chance

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

These kind of selection decisions - or non decisions after a loss against such weak opposition - are exactly why you do sack the coach mid season and appoint a caretaker when you're 2-7. You give the caretaker specific instructions to play youth and try players in different positions eg Wood at half back. Instead you have Scott once again refusing to drop his under performing favourites as he desperately clings on.

Average games 110.

Holy Jesus ****.

There's quite a few blokes in the side who haven't played many. It really just underlines how many drafts we've mucked up, as we don't really have a steady balance of youth and experience. The Dogs have Bont, Hunter, Daniel and Macrae who are all under 25 and are at that 80-120 game mark. We have McDonald and Dumont (and Brown who is 26 but was drafted later).

Unless we pull the pin on Scott or give him a guarantee that he’s coaching next year then we’ll be playing for the short term.

I know which one I’d prefer.

It feels like the season is waiting for the first coaching domino to fall and then there will be several as no one wants to be left with the ugly girl at the dance.

Get rid of Scott now. I have completely lost whatever skerrick of faith I had left. He just won't drop his favorites which means young players will be starved of opportunity.

Gee what a surprise.....Who is surprised? Not me.
This is BS reaction to being told by the Herald Sun he needs to play the kids - the stubborn arse has said Eff You and us the supporters are paying the price watching the tripe being dished up.
The sooner he is out the door the better
I hope the Blues win and we lose ( I can't hope for a thrashing) and the door hits him on the arse on the way out - surely us holding up the ladder will see the writing on the wall??????
I am just shaking my head at the idiocy of someone who has been doing the same thing for 10 years.

There's quite a few blokes in the side who haven't played many. It really just underlines how many drafts we've mucked up, as we don't really have a steady balance of youth and experience. The Dogs have Bont, Hunter, Daniel and Macrae who are all under 25 and are at that 80-120 game mark. We have McDonald and Dumont (and Brown who is 26 but was drafted later).

Is that the age bracket when we were getting mid table picks during the GC and GWS concessions?

Ziebell back forward is good, seeing LDU in the middle is good and Garner back to the VFL is good. All in all not a bad selection night, but could be better.

Moving the deckchairs.

Not really sure why we felt the need to play Wood, Garner and Ziebell in addition to Souva and Brown. Thought we moved Ziebell out of the midfield for a reason.

Either Scott or Hall probably should have come in for LMAC or Wood.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dogs make four unforced changes including the addition of Bailey Dale, who can play when he is on.

First game of the year for him, though.

If Lipinski goes forward, I can see him kicking a few. Especially if he ends up with Macmillans minding him.

Glad LDU is back. No Garner is a worry, not sure how we'll replace his 7-10 touches and a scoring shot.

Dogs make four unforced changes including the addition of Bailey Dale, who can play when he is on.

First game of the year for him, though.

If Lipinski goes forward, I can see him kicking a few. Especially if he ends up with Macmillans minding him.

Glad LDU is back. No Garner is a worry, not sure how we'll replace his 7-10 touches and a scoring shot.

I’m a massive fan of Bailey Dale, they’ve played the long game with him after a long term injury.

Moving the deckchairs.

Not really sure why we felt the need to play Wood, Garner and Ziebell in addition to Souva and Brown. Thought we moved Ziebell out of the midfield for a reason.

Either Scott or Hall probably should have come in for LMAC or Wood.
Well it was worse than that - we played Wood, Garner, JZ and Zurhaar in addition to Souva and Brown - in a night game in Hobart! Just makes you wonder what goes on in those selection meetings.

It feels like the season is waiting for the first coaching domino to fall and then there will be several as no one wants to be left with the ugly girl at the dance.

Does this sound familiar to anyone? Didn't we have several cashed up clubs to compete with the last time we went shopping for a new coach?

Does this sound familiar to anyone? Didn't we have several cashed up clubs to compete with the last time we went shopping for a new coach?
Tigers appointed Hardwick 10 days after Scott. He has the second longest tenure of current coaches and the 13th best win/loss record.

WTF. Is this it. We get our arse kicked by an u18 team, LMac could have won best on ground for f...king Sydney and Wood would have got runner up and they make 1 bloody change. Someone needs to step up and say enough is enough. Another loss this week, half hoping it's a big one, then maybe someone will spring to action.

I haven’t cared less about who comes in or who comes out for nearly 10 years

Brad has never changed and never will.

How can any of us care until the disease is out of the club

Because it’s your footy club!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back