Preview Changes: R10 2019 v West Coast - NOW WITH POLL!

Will the match committee opt for Jenkins or Himmelberg this week?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

He was the 22nd player selected last week, and his defensive stuff in the midfield was so poor in the first half that the coaches removed him from the rotation in the 2nd half of the game in favour of a teenager.

He repeatedly ignores coaches instructions, and it was obvious he would be dropped if a first choice midfielder was returning.

The situation now is pretty dire for him. No SANFL game this week. All of M Crouch, Seedsman and Jenkins will be thinking they’re a big chance for a gig against the Dees. Douglas, Knight and McHenry all in the frame too.

Bryce might find himself in the twos for a month, minimum.

unless we keep losing

Massive queue of players waiting to get in the side.

Matt Crouch. Seedsman. McHenry. Stengle. Fogarty. Davis. Hamill. Sholl. McAdam. Jenkins. Douglas. Jacobs.

Those last three hopefully not but still. Big queue.

Excellent! We've missed Milera's poise around the ball. Gibbs shows a complete lack of interest and is offering little at the moment. Show us that you still give a * Bryce, but do it in the SANFL for a few weeks.

JJ had a ripper game last week but it doesn't make up for his months of soft garbage he's dished up in the AFL.

Great message from Pyke all round.

Gooch being backed in is awesome. Hope he does a bit more otherwise it's likely he'll be pushed out by a few returning from injury. Atkins first on the chopping block though - do something or Seed will happily take your spot next week.

Really happy to see Pyke sticking with the team. Didn’t think Gibbs was that bad last week but Milera is a handy addition. It will be interesting to see how JJ takes this assuming he plays in the magoos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My theory that I've mentioned before:

Even though Atkins barely touched it in the first half, him racking up the kms in the GPS tracker means we can't drop him because that's a KPI for us. Same with Mackay.

Wonder what Gibbs' GPS numbers were like. Must be shocking considering he had 16 touches and 2 goals in the first half which was a far large contribution than Atkins last 15 minutes.
I think it is as simple as Gibbs being worse at HB than Mackay and wing as Atkins.

Milera.coming in to play that attacking mid role Gibbs played in the first half.

No conspiracy.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

We lost our last one and if we lose this it will be two thus saying if we keep losing if not all will be good

You were trying to say that Gibbs would not stay in the SANFL if we keep losing.

He’s clearly not in Pyke’s best 22, so I’m not sure why us losing would make it more likely that he would return.

Bryce isn’t playing this week, he only played last week due to a late change, he didn’t play the week before that, and he certainly won’t be playing next week against Melbourne with Crouch and Seedsman certainties to return.

I'm shocked Milera returned without a SANFL game. I like that we've opted to retain Himmelberg and Gallucci though. Hopefully Gooch gets more midfield minutes, he ain't a half forward at AFL level.

Would've been nice to see Ned get a game; but I guess his time will come...

I hope.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think it is as simple as Gibbs being worse at HB than Mackay and wing as Atkins.

Milera.coming in to play that attacking mid role Gibbs played in the first half.

No conspiracy.

Gibbs is not worse at half back than Mackay. That's ridiculous. Gibbs has played great football at half back. Maybe not last week but over his career he is the far better player in that position

The only positive for me is Jones is still in. Our current match committee never fails to disappoint.

Are these selections a concession that the coaching staff don’t think we can win the premiership?

This is the closest thing we’ve seen to “backing in the kids” on a selection night in about two decades.

Nah - we're still being conservative, but we've changed it up slightly.

These are pretty obvious selections; they were just frustrating because they weren't making them.

If they were serious, we'd see Mackay and maybe Atkins out, with Wilson and McHenry in.

Not unhappy with the change but, gee, Atkins is bloody lucky, anonymous until three quarter time, literally so in the first quarter. That said, hopefully Gooch can get some times in the guts this week as that's his natural position. Also surprised, but glad, that JJ is staying in the SANFL for another week. One dominant game against a side with no tall defenders doesn't quite make up for the month of rubbish he's dished up.

Gibbs is not worse at half back than Mackay. That's ridiculous. Gibbs has played great football at half back. Maybe not last week but over his career he is the far better player in that position
He has been this year.

Whatever his issues are, he has been poor this year and Mackay has been better. Mackay is quietly having a career (contract renewal?) year.

Now if Mackay or Atkins stay in when Seed is in I will agree it is dodgy.

Personally think Atkins out for Seed on the wing. Seed better.on the wing than HB.

You were trying to say that Gibbs would not stay in the SANFL if we keep losing.

He’s clearly not in Pyke’s best 22, so I’m not sure why us losing would make it more likely that he would return.

Bryce isn’t playing this week, he only played last week due to a late change, he didn’t play the week before that, and he certainly won’t be playing next week against Melbourne with Crouch and Seedsman certainties to return.

Wonder if both seeds and crouchy don't play again now until after the bye?

Back