Preview Round 11, 2019: Brisbane Lions v Hawthorn, 1 June 2019, 7.25pm @ Gabba

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unfortunately you get the feelimg that KBs papers have been stamped by Clarko if he cant get a game on the back of his 30 possession 18 mark game.
A pity as i like you think he has some good traits.

Really struggled when the ball was on the deck in the games he played earlier in the year. Might have been seen as a big enough flaw for them to call time on him?

A lot of trust being placed in Pitto. Not sure how much they're expecting to get from him up forward so perhaps he'll be taking the lion's share (pun always intended) of the ruck work and Ceglar will sit up forward a lot more than he's used to.

I don't think we're going into "too tall". There's not really an issue with a player being tall. The issue is when those tall players aren't very mobile or good when the ball is on the ground. Pitto and Ceglar are typical rucks in that they're the most cumbersome players on the field, but as far as our other KPPs are concerned I think we're very mobile. Frawley is deceptively quick and agile, and Lewis is overtly quick and agile. Gunston, O'Brien, Sicily -- all mobile talls.

Make a stand this week and not let that pest Robertson man handle Breust.
What he got away with last year, Tasmania game particularly was disgraceful.
Also play through Hodges opponent, the great man one on one is completely finished, the minds still sharp but the bodies cooked.

Like to think Clarko circled this one pre season after our meek efforts last year against this mob, twice.
Hawks by 23 points

Won't be a pest if he's lying flat on his back - gee I miss Dipper

The Carlton game stamped his papers. Horrific running back to goal.

Yeah don't disagree, however, I reckon it's more of a confidence issue as he looks tentative and scared to fail - plays with poise and belief at BH and would love to see if this can translate to the main game with an extended run.

200cm KPD's with good pace and skill don't grow on trees - also has a bit of mongrel and flies the flag which are attributes we don"t have in abundance

Cannot fathom how we are the best contested marking team in the comp while continually bombing it long on top of Poppy's head. If those kicks were to someone 10cm taller we'd be doubling the comp's average contested marks

I think it's a misleading stat. I'd like to know how many times we've resorted to a high long ball first. We may be ahead in contested marking but it could be because we bomb it long much more than other sides.

Yeah don't disagree, however, I reckon it's more of a confidence issue as he looks tentative and scared to fail - plays with poise and belief at BH and would love to see if this can translate to the main game with an extended run.

200cm KPD's with good pace and skill don't grow on trees - also has a bit of mongrel and flies the flag which are attributes we don"t have in abundance

We'll keep him on the list, as Chip is so bloody fragile. But it was telling when Chip went down leading into the Tiges game and he was overlooked for Lynch.

Mirra is the other one. He's done for mine.

Nick Robertson played on Breust last year and was constantly in Breust’s face and manhandling him. An irritating little fella. Unlikeable. Obviously a clear tactic from Fagan. No doubt more of the same on Saturday night.

Someone on our board mentioned that Robertson played on and nullified Breust in both of our games in 2018

A lot of trust being placed in Pitto. Not sure how much they're expecting to get from him up forward so perhaps he'll be taking the lion's share (pun always intended) of the ruck work and Ceglar will sit up forward a lot more than he's used to.
I think that's a pretty good call. Pitto's marking is not ideal for a big forward (to put it mildly).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope Clarko tells Pittonet to watch Robertson closely
and if he manhandles Breust, to run through/tackle Robertson
in a way that makes Robertson think twice about doing it again.

Pitto is mean. Good!

About time we had an enforcer on the list. Not saying the side is soft, but there's no one there to dish out the pain, when a presence is required. Sicily? More a pest than an enforcer. Where is Lewis, Hodge and a bone crunching tackle from Roughead.

Pittonet dished out hard as hell tackles and then laughed at opponents trying to give back attitude. Brilliant. He looks a guy who can look after his rovers and the rest of the team. A keeper, for mine.

I'm not feeling too good about this one. I think if they get there running game up and going they could blow us off the park like last year. Hope I'm wrong
If we were able to stop the Giants' running game on the spacious MCG then there's no reason why we can't do the same to Brisbane at the slightly smaller Gabba.

It seemed to be just a matter of staying switched on in defence. Manning the mark quickly to force them to kick over it and preventing them from playing on. And also covering the outlet options around stoppages to prevent breakaways.

If we were able to stop the Giants' running game on the spacious MCG then there's no reason why we can't do the same to Brisbane at the slightly smaller Gabba.

It seemed to be just a matter of staying switched on in defence. Manning the mark quickly to force them to kick over it and preventing them from playing on. And also covering the outlet options around stoppages to prevent breakaways.

Yes it seems straightforward in theory , but then the giants threw in the towel mid way through the 3rd qtr like I've rarely seen a good team do. Well it'll be a good test of where the team is at anyhow.

Yes it seems straightforward in theory , but then the giants threw in the towel mid way through the 3rd qtr like I've rarely seen a good team do. Well it'll be a good test of where the team is at anyhow.
We probably just bored them into submission.

Would like to see some crash and bash from Pitto. Our mids are young or undersized, and I am sure that some will be targetted by gentlemen like Robinson and Mathiesen.

Glad that the Big O is being rested, as he is the type that regularly carve us up, when they are forward.

Some signs of improvement from the team in general in the last weeks so I think this is close to a 50/50 game. I don't think that Clarko would like to be known as Fagan's bunny!

Just noticed Brisbane are actually in the 8 with 6 wins, us 5 wins. Didn’t realise that. Anyhow, huge game for us following two quite convincing losses against them last year. Will be really annoyed if we let this one slip without a decent fight. Hawks by 12 points.

Like it. We're the best contested marking team in the comp. Time to exploit our strength. Long bombs to Poppy no longer.

Can't wait.

You can thank BB for that... Mitch also looks like becoming (if not already) one of the better contested marks in the comp.

A bit funny about Pitto playing, adds nothing around the ground and can’t catch a cold.. basically playing with 21 players and a bloke who just contests ruck duels.

Not confident on this week but it’s a massive game, with a rubbish Essendon to come we could really set ourselves up at 7-5.

Unfortunately you get the feelimg that KBs papers have been stamped by Clarko if he cant get a game on the back of his 30 possession 18 mark game.
A pity as i like you think he has some good traits.

Why would Brand come in to our current backline though? It’s firing. He’s clearly well behind Frawley as a fullback and TOB has been making the CHB spot a winner. More agile and more attacking with ball in hand.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back