World Cup 2019 Day 5 England (Poms) v Pakistan @ Nottingham

Remove this Banner Ad

People completely overrate Englands batting. For example, the only good shot I have seen so far was off a half ******* volley in the slot, yet i have seen countless near misses and a couple of wickets

You just have to compare the Australian and English batting lineups to see why they always back themselves.

On one side you have Jos Buttler at no6, the other is Marcus Stoinis...
You’re awfully gobby for a bloke who’s country is about to lose to a side who in their last match was bowled out for 100 against the Windies...

People completely overrate Englands batting. For example, the only good shot I have seen so far was off a half ******* volley in the slot, yet i have seen countless near misses and a couple of wickets

Their strategy is literally brute force.

They've corrected calculated that modern ODI playing conditions make it more likely than not they if they have 11 batsmen in the team, the edges etc. that they'll create by being very aggressive will generally score runs, even if it ends up costing a wicket, and is therefore the best way to create or chase a winning total.

Of course there is hypocrisy in the situation however what everyone seems to ignore with an almost religious fervour is the HYPOCRISY THAT GOT SMITH AND WARNER TO WHERE THEY GOT TO IN THE FIRST PLACE.

You cannot spend the last few decades pushing this f***ing relentless **** about playing hard but ALWAYS fair, and the line, and knowing what’s cheating and what isn’t, and then expect to not be treated more harshly when you’re caught.

To draw a parallel, two different men are convicted of theft. One is a poor bastard who robs a bottle shop, the other is a rich prick who rips off a client or something. They’re both essentially doing the same thing but obviously because of the context most people will look at the rich guy as being more deserving of scorn.

Apply any context to this situation and it becomes apparent why they are getting that treatment.
Using the whole "line" thing as justification is punishing Smith & Warner for how Steve Waugh and Ricky Ponting went about it. Aus cricket isn't a hivemind as much as your average youtube comment section wants to hold any and all Australian cricketers accountable for everything from Warner being a bogan to Marsh and Lillee betting against Australia in the 70's.

Aussie fans are getting fairly cocky just because they beat Afghanistan...
Probably because we’re in red hot form and haven’t looked like getting beaten for a while.

Looking like 2015 all over again for your mob.

Probably because we’re in red hot form and haven’t looked like getting beaten for a while.

Looking like 2015 all over again for your mob.

1 series against Pakistan...Did you win a single game during the home summer? You got smashed last time you played England in England, conceded a world record score on this very ground...

So either Pakistan are rubbish so you can rubbish England but Australia’s form means nothing or Pakistan is a good side...Which is it?

You just have to compare the Australian and English batting lineups to see why they always back themselves.

On one side you have Jos Buttler at no6, the other is Marcus Stoinis...
Will be a massive choke if the UN don't win the cup tbh.

Yep.

That's the full extent of Australia's WC successes

Oh, so because you won a World Cup with a much better side at home 4 years ago, one win against Afghanistan makes up for 4 years of failure in between?

There is a reason England is rated highly and that’s because they regularly chase scores like this. Is Australia going to chase 350?

WC pressure . . Weight of expectation . Biggest
chase down in WC history if successful . They chased 340+ 4 times in a row and set a record against Pakistan but this is different , its WC.

1 series against Pakistan...Did you win a single game during the home summer? You got smashed last time you played England in England, conceded a world record score on this very ground...

So either Pakistan are rubbish so you can rubbish England but Australia’s form means nothing or Pakistan is a good side...Which is it?
Last time we played England in England....as in a week ago, we comfortably beat them.

Our form at the start of the year is irrelevant. We’ve looked near unbeatable the last few months, winning away series against India and Pakistan and showing great form in the practice matches.

Meanwhile Eng-er-land couldn’t even win an away series against the West Indies. It looks as if Pakistan have unlocked the key to beating the poms. Just quietly whisper to them that they’re at a World Cup and watch them as a result turn to water.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh, so because you won a World Cup with a much better side at home 4 years ago, one win against Afghanistan makes up for 4 years of failure in between?

There is a reason England is rated highly and that’s because they regularly chase scores like this. Is Australia going to chase 350?
Pssst I’ll give you a hot tip. What you do in the 4 years between world cups is irrelevant if you can’t even beat Pakistan.....

Using the whole "line" thing as justification is punishing Smith & Warner for how Steve Waugh and Ricky Ponting went about it. Aus cricket isn't a hivemind as much as your average youtube comment section wants to hold any and all Australian cricketers accountable for everything from Warner being a bogan to Marsh and Lillee betting against Australia in the 70's.

I would agree except that Warner himself (not so much smith admittedly) has been an utter poster boy for the Waugh and Ponting ethos

I would agree except that Warner himself (not so much smith admittedly) has been an utter poster boy for the Waugh and Ponting ethos
Wasn't Warner getting booed after making a ton though.

In any case I think the real reason for the booing is the sandpaper story made it into the tabloid cycle unlike most cricket scandals more than anything else.

Pssst I’ll give you a hot tip. What you do in the 4 years between world cups is irrelevant if you can’t even beat Pakistan.....

Lol.

The game is 50-50 even without considering that they have two world class batsmen at the crease, the man of the match from their opening match victory, and the world’s best one day batsman still to come.

* at least wait till they’ve lost.

Last time we played England in England....as in a week ago, we comfortably beat them.

Our form at the start of the year is irrelevant. We’ve looked near unbeatable the last few months, winning away series against India and Pakistan and showing great form in the practice matches.

Meanwhile Eng-er-land couldn’t even win an away series against the West Indies. It looks as if Pakistan have unlocked the key to beating the poms. Just quietly whisper to them that they’re at a World Cup and watch them as a result turn to water.

Do you use NAB Cup form as well when discussing footy if practice matches where teams can play 15 players and key players rested are all you have to hang your hat on...

Btw our last series we belted Pakistan, making 340+ in all 4 games...

But if you want to count practice games, we demolished Afghanistan not crawled to a win whilst our star players couldn’t get bat on ball for 20 overs...

Wasim and Waqar in the commentary box together and apparently on speaking terms??

Do you use NAB Cup form as well when discussing footy if practice matches where teams can play 15 players and key players rested are all you have to hang your hat on...

Btw our last series we belted Pakistan, making 340+ in all 4 games...

But if you want to count practice games, we demolished Afghanistan not crawled to a win whilst our star players couldn’t get bat on ball for 20 overs...
How is bringing up your last series against Pakistan going to help win this game?

We beat India in India recently, as well as the side that is currently wiping the floor with you. Those wins were without two world class batsmen might I add. With those two now in the side, we are just about unbeatable.

Don’t get me wrong, you guys will still be a dangerous side to face later in the tournament when teams are playing for semi final spots and England are playing for pride. England play their best cricket when nothing’s on the line.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back