Autopsy Round 13, 2019: Gold Coast v St.Kilda *NICK HIND DEBUT*

Remove this Banner Ad

Despite being 6-6 there are about 15 better sides than us on current form, IMO.

That may be, but the glass half full approach says we’ve got the wins anyway, even while playing some less than inspirational footy at times, so there’s hopefully still plenty of improvement to come, especially as we get some injured, senior players back.

Or would you rather we hadn’t won the games?

Doubt anyone’s kidding themselves we’re winning the GF anytime soon.

That may be, but the glass half full approach says we’ve got the wins anyway, even while playing some less than inspirational footy at times, so there’s hopefully still plenty of improvement to come, especially as we get some injured, senior players back.

No at least another 3 and half months away

Fill your glass however you like, we were playing some impressive footy early in the season, but as it stands watching a few other games we are behind about 15 other sides on form... as I said - in my opinion.
Players coming back from injury may rectify this, but we are every bit bottom
4 material once again if things don't change significantly very soon.

Fill your glass however you like, we were playing some impressive footy early in the season, but as it stands watching a few other games we are behind about 15 other sides on form... as I said - in my opinion.
Players coming back from injury may rectify this, but we are every bit bottom
4 material once again if things don't change significantly very soon.

Yes we were, so no reason we can’t get back to it.
But in the meantime, while we are playing a little hamstrung by injuries to our better players so to speak, I’ll take any win we can get. Nothing wrong with winning the close ones either.

We have won 2 of our last 3. That’s 2 sides covered. 7 sides have won less in their last 3. When do we take injuries into account. Pretty sure everyone is with the tigers.
We're close to a top 4 side if we get to play the 17th & 18th side every second week.

Yes we were, so no reason we can’t get back to it.
But in the meantime, while we are playing a little hamstrung by injuries to our better players so to speak, I’ll take any win we can get. Nothing wrong with winning the close ones either.
no reason... other than history and logic at this stage.

no reason... other than history and logic at this stage.

No logic in sport. I guess we’ll see though. Still half a season to go, but I’ll be staggered if we finish bottom four.

We're close to a top 4 side if we get to play the 17th & 18th side every second week.
I think you said our form was ok early but not great now. Fair enough. Just thought I would point out top 3 rated players against in the first game didn’t play yesterday. We won that game by a point. We just won by 4 points in 26 degree heat away from home. Seems similarform based on that.

No logic in sport. I guess we’ll see though. Still half a season to go, but I’ll be staggered if we finish bottom four.
Yes it's hard to see us staying this bad if we get some quality players back, but I am not enjoying what we are putting up at the moment at all, despite the couple of wins. Some people may though and I have absolutely no quarms with that.

We're pretty fortunate to have played 3 of our first 12 games against the bottom 2 sides... which we've won by a hair each time.

Yes it's hard to see us staying this bad if we get some quality players back, but I am not enjoying what we are putting up at the moment at all, despite the couple of wins. Some people may though and I have absolutely no quarms with that.

We're pretty fortunate to have played 3 of our first 12 games against the bottom 2 sides... which we've won by a hair each time.
So the fixture is one way? We have also played 5 of the top 6 in the same period.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

None because we aren’t very good. We beat sides around us and lose to above.
Don't think we'd beat either hawthorn or Essendon if we played them this week...
Hard to guage what we'd be like with our inured players back, hopefully we can thump these NEAFL quality sides we are struggling against currently.

Don't think we'd beat either hawthorn or Essendon if we played them this week...
Hard to guage what we'd be like with our inured players back, hopefully we can thump these NEAFL quality sides we are struggling against currently.
That doesn’t matter because we have beaten them and aren’t playing them next week. And why are hawthorn going so well compared to us. Nothing to suggest that. Facts are we have beaten every side we have played below us and one side above us. Is our form worse anyway. One really bad result and sickness was everywhere. And if we are worse maybe the loss of 4 or so of our best players since round one might be a reason.

That doesn’t matter because we have beaten them and aren’t playing them next week. And why are hawthorn going so well compared to us. Nothing to suggest that. Facts are we have beaten every side we have played below us and one side above us. Is our form worse anyway. One really bad result and sickness was everywhere. And if we are worse maybe the loss of 4 or so of our best players since round one might be a reason.
We beat most sides below us last year too... impressive.

he definitely was, if you think paddy wasn't going to be picked round 1 then you're wrong. His game against north was also very good
He was going to be picked round 1 because the club was hoping that he'd grow into the role. His performances to date were nothing to write home about, especially for a pick 1, not to mention that we looked like a better side without him for the first 6 weeks of the year. His game against North was forgettable. You're overhyping him so much.

Why would our form be better given the loses to personnel through the last month and a half and prior to the start of the season and considering the caliber of teams we’ve played
Completely get it and our skills have looked ordinary. Does anyone actually remember how we were last year?
That was and still is us, why would you think we’d miraculously be serving up a level of football that was going to see us challenging the best sides.
The only changes on field are some state league players, Kent and the return of a few injured guys like Bruce.
Hanners, King and Bytel are all going through various stages of rehab and Carlisle is recovering from a back operation
FMD some have u realistic expectations.
Then there were the “Ratts will make the difference” theorists. Has he made us better - definitely with some of our game style but was that ever going to pull us up to the top tier, No, never was.
We are considerably better than last year there is no doubt about that but with everything that has happened to the team over the last month we were always going to have consistency issues and challenges from playing better teams.
I’d hold my powder til the season’s finished before going the full Norman Bates

He was going to be picked round 1 because the club was hoping that he'd grow into the role. His performances to date were nothing to write home about, especially for a pick 1, not to mention that we looked like a better side without him for the first 6 weeks of the year. His game against North was forgettable. You're overhyping him so much.
im not 'hyping' him at all. Maybe we're picking hairs over 'best 22' and 'selected 22' but all Im saying is he was in the 22. And as far as his form, as I said it wasn't amazing but it was definitely going to get him a game.

Problem with Clark’s game is he is a little one paced, seems to just motor around at the same energy level and intensity all day.
He’s also not a quick decision maker and often gets his hand balls chopped off.
Getting used to the pace is one challenge but being able to actually change your your reaction time is completely another thing.
He’s clearly skilled and quite a balanced player but he’s just that half a second too slow at present.

Problem with Clark’s game is he is a little one paced, seems to just motor around at the same energy level and intensity all day.
He’s also not a quick decision maker and often gets his hand balls chopped off.
Getting used to the pace is one challenge but being able to actually change your your reaction time is completely another thing.
He’s clearly skilled and quite a balanced player but he’s just that half a second too slow at present.

That's the thing, is at TAC level his ability to work in traffic was really good, he's not quick enough to get away and needs to learn to get back to what he does well. He's lost the little bit of pace he did have as well though, I'm hoping it's training load and that it will return with time. He's definitely playing like someone who is struggling but part of me wants to play him into form like the Dogs did with Bailey Smith but then I want to put up sides that are competitive as well. If we had some more senior experience around him, we could carry him a lot easier.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back