Preview Round 16, 2019: North Melbourne v St.Kilda - Blundstone Arena, Sunday 7th July, 3:20PM AEST *BILLINGS' 100TH*

Who Wins?

• Kangaroos

Votes: 30 76.9%
  • Saints

Votes: 9 23.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
His lack of work ethic and continual slacking off has cost him his chance of being a regular AFL player.
He may get picked up by another club, turn around his attitude and have a long career but he has no one else but himself to blame for it not being at StKilda.

He always seems to play well in the seniors. If he rule was that you got picked on VFL form only Long would never get a run.

His lack of work ethic and continual slacking off has cost him his chance of being a regular AFL player.
He may get picked up by another club, turn around his attitude and have a long career but he has no one else but himself to blame for it not being at StKilda.
Where do you get that from?

Have seen him at least 5 times at Sandy and looked very good.

Slacked off so much against GC went back on with a strained calf and had a very big influence up forward.

Only heard he came back to pre season unfit. Have heard or seen nothing at training that suggests what you say is true.

So where is that info coming from please because it sounds like rubbish.

Where do you get that from?

Have seen him at least 5 times at Sandy and looked very good.

Slacked off so much against GC went back on with a strained calf and had a very big influence up forward.

Only heard he came back to pre season unfit. Have heard or seen nothing at training that suggests what you say is true.

So where is that info coming from please because it sounds like rubbish.
Agreed. Sounds like bleeding heart richo and co apologetics to me.

I reckon White's non-selection is even more confusing for us that can't see Sandy or training.

Against Gold Coast he looked fantastic - even as a forward on one leg. I'd go as far to say without his chase down of Lukosius in the last quarter that led to a goal we wouldn't have won the game.

His tackling was huge in that game, so if the knock on him is he's "lazy" he sure didn't show it that game. He was inspirational.

I reckon White's non-selection is even more confusing for us that can't see Sandy or training.

Against Gold Coast he looked fantastic - even as a forward on one leg. I'd go as far to say without his chase down of Lukosius in the last quarter that led to a goal we wouldn't have won the game.

His tackling was huge in that game, so if the knock on him is he's "lazy" he sure didn't show it that game. He was inspirational.
Have seen 5 or 6 Sandy games this years and he has been pretty good in all of them

Have seen 5 Sandy games and 4 times at training, and his playing has been better than many who are picked in the seniors.

Trains as hard as the rest as far as I can see.

Don't agree. Sounds like callous Richo and co haters to me.

Unfortunately for White he has been overtaken by a mature aged rookie.
White is competing against Savage/McKenzie also Coff and Clark now in the line up. Wilkie has taken over from Robbo.

How McKenzie and Savage are still picked over him is baffling. Savage I can fathom because He has been good in a number of games, but I can't recall McKenzie having a good game all season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s honestly a joke if Newnesy comes straight back in.
The bloke has been piss poor for a good 9 weeks. Finally gets a much needed demotion to the VFL, and could come straight back in. Hardly fair for the blokes like langlands who has been playing consistently well and been emergency a few times.
I watched the game and he didn’t defend hard enough, Not to mention He only laid 2 tackles for the day in a wet contested game!

I’d be fine with him being promoted after a good run of 3 consistent weeks in the VFL. But if they bring him straight back in I’ll be livid! Doesn’t show integrity at selection whatsoever

Fantastic changes, hopefully they all come into the side. Newnes & Armo were terrific for us last game, and no doubt wouldve learnt their lesson after being in the 2s for so long. We sorely missed Brown the last couple weeks so hopefully takes Battles spot. And Sam Rowe, what an inspired selection, after not performing at the worst side in the league over many years, then being average in the VFL, i have a real feeling at the age of 31 he's just about to explode, should be an easy in for Wilkie.
I'm glad White isn't in, you can only judge someone off their last game and to me he looked lazy and fat, it could've been that he suffered an injury and was then forced to play in a position he's never played in before and ultimately helped us over the line but I just don't think he adds anything to the team.
And no way we bring Langlands, whats the point of rewarding a young player whos had good VFL form over the last 4 weeks when you have older guys that had to bust their arse in the VFL for the last 7 days,
All in all, fantastic selections.
#richocontractextensionplease.

ST KILDA

In: N.Brown, D.Armitage, S.Rowe, J.Newnes
Out: Nil

It's almost as though Richo is begging to be put out of his misery… I mean that is the most stodgy and lame 4 ins I can ever recall seeing in one week, only Longer and Mav could top that off.

FMD. Make it stop.

Is he really that bad? I know he's turned up out of sorts in preseason's past, but surely that can't be the ONLY factor. Is he a lazy trainer, arrogant, gets team mates off side, has a bad attitude generally, or all of the above? I'm thousands of miles away so I don't get to see any sessions, or know any inside info. I know that when he DOES play, he makes the side look a little less s*it. So I'm curious. I'd like him to stick around...but I doubt that happens.

Is he really that bad? I know he's turned up out of sorts in preseason's past, but surely that can't be the ONLY factor. Is he a lazy trainer, arrogant, gets team mates off side, has a bad attitude generally, or all of the above? I'm thousands of miles away so I don't get to see any sessions, or know any inside info. I know that when he DOES play, he makes the side look a little less s*it. So I'm curious. I'd like him to stick around...but I doubt that happens.
Mate this whole he's unfit and lazy thing is a load of crap. Someone of here has said to try and justify why he isn't picked in the side. At the end of the day Richo has and has always had his favourites, when he was drafted there were a few draft 'experts' that actually commented on his hard work. How the hell can the coaches honestly say, with what has happened in AFL & VFL games, that McKenzie is the better option??

Mate this whole he's unfit and lazy thing is a load of crap. Someone of here has said to try and justify why he isn't picked in the side. At the end of the day Richo has and has always had his favourites, when he was drafted there were a few draft 'experts' that actually commented on his hard work. How the hell can the coaches honestly say, with what has happened in AFL & VFL games, that McKenzie is the better option??
100% agree.

McKenzie is not in the same class as White. In Richo speak ' hard at the contest' White would actually be right up there. As tough as they come

They can't...McKenzie tries hard...but his decision making and skills are not comparable to White's. Maybe, it's McKenzie's accountability that gets him games...as in, he dies what he's told and won't make any decision outside if the parameters set for him?
I'm with many of the other posters on here on thinking that there is a spot in the team for White. Why the selectors keep neglecting him for others just doesn't make sense, particularly when his form for Sandringham warrants selection 95% of the time, and he makes the actual team look better when he occasionally ( though seldom) gets given a shot. If it's Richo, then that is a problem that'll be removed by years end. If it's his attitude...then being consistently shafted wouldn't be helping. As said, I hope he sticks around beyond this year.

They can't...McKenzie tries hard...but his decision making and skills are not comparable to White's. Maybe, it's McKenzie's accountability that gets him games...as in, he dies what he's told and won't make any decision outside if the parameters set for him?
I'm with many of the other posters on here on thinking that there is a spot in the team for White. Why the selectors keep neglecting him for others just doesn't make sense, particularly when his form for Sandringham warrants selection 95% of the time, and he makes the actual team look better when he occasionally ( though seldom) gets given a shot. If it's Richo, then that is a problem that'll be removed by years end. If it's his attitude...then being consistently shafted wouldn't be helping. As said, I hope he sticks around beyond this year.
Even with everyone fit I’d still have him in the side, a backline like;

Geary - Battle - Wilkie
White - Carlisle - Webster

Not many teams play more than 2 talls, so either Carlisle or Wilkie as the intercept. Geary the lockdown and Webster/White bring the ball out.
Coffield on the bench rotating.

This thread reads like I travelled back in time 6 weeks on the North board.
The quirk of the fixture means both our teams sit 6 and 8 except we began 2 and 7 and you guys banked the wins early. It’s the only thing keeping Richo in a job🤷🏻‍♂️
Sadly for you guys he won’t get his marching orders just yet and most likely your year will be killed off in the next fortnight, as god knows what would happen if Ratten took over for the last 2 months.

Just wanted to say your ins scream of a coach under pressure as he relies on older senior heads when all risk taking has escaped his view. Reminds me of typical stubborness that plagued Scott. Armitage and Row if they do come in makes no sense at this point in time.

Anyone heading down to Hobart make sure to give Fish Frenzy a visit. Killer fish and chips 👍🏼

Last edited:
Fantastic changes, hopefully they all come into the side. Newnes & Armo were terrific for us last game, and no doubt wouldve learnt their lesson after being in the 2s for so long. We sorely missed Brown the last couple weeks so hopefully takes Battles spot. And Sam Rowe, what an inspired selection, after not performing at the worst side in the league over many years, then being average in the VFL, i have a real feeling at the age of 31 he's just about to explode, should be an easy in for Wilkie.
I'm glad White isn't in, you can only judge someone off their last game and to me he looked lazy and fat, it could've been that he suffered an injury and was then forced to play in a position he's never played in before and ultimately helped us over the line but I just don't think he adds anything to the team.
And no way we bring Langlands, whats the point of rewarding a young player whos had good VFL form over the last 4 weeks when you have older guys that had to bust their arse in the VFL for the last 7 days,
All in all, fantastic selections.
#richocontractextensionplease.
Yeah nice. Very choey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back