Preview Changes: R16 2019 vs Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Douglas... it really boggles the mind.

He doesn't even seem to have those few token holdout defenders that a guy like Thommo did on these boards.

HOW is he still in the side?
He's got one token defender here but we all know he isnt the full packet.

He's struggling to adapt to the defensive workrate required. The idea with playing in defence is all about learning different running patterns and learning how a defender wants to defend. Do I agree ?? Yes in theory, I mean we are now seeing it with the Suns and Luko. They've moved him forward again, but he's a bit too easy to play against still.
It'll come though.
Thanks for that :thumbsu: .
Any chance he's becoming disenchanted or annoyed at what the Club's doing?
Pyke strikes me as the kind of bloke who'd be explaining to Fogarty exactly what's happening and what's required.

If Dougie is being played as a forward with minimal midfield time, Fog is a better option in this role IMO.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Not on what we have seen

Coaches obviously don't think he has developed enough from what we have seen, he appears to have struggled this year, that really cant be denied

Marty I'm guessing?

He's the only person on this board I have on ignore. Everyone else here I can disagree with but still hold enough respect for their opinion to hear them out... but he's a whole different level.

Oh and Pykes aswell but its hard to put him on ignore now isn't it

Maybe Pyke is a hack and got to the position he is not because of his knowledge and ability but because he is a very very very lucky man

Let’s just consider that this may be the last Showdowns, Douglas and Mackay get.

Over the next 4 weeks we have Gold Coast, Essendon, Carlton and St Kilda. If Douglas and Mackay stink it up tomorrow, there is no coming back for them, game over for them.

Oh and I look forward to seeing who Douglas runs into that will cost us a goal (probably not the match but who knows).

No game over that will be Pykes decision not some numpty on BF

This is quite hilarious

1) I'd like to see Fogarty in against PA because of his mongrel, to unsettle some of their defenders. Fogarty has presence --- let him loose off the bench at some of their blokes. He'd have more impact than Davis last week.
2) That's rubbish. I don't want blokes to come in and fail. I'd say that Fogarty would have more impact than Douglas who has been useless with the fall-over fumbles, yet was retained!
3) You don't play a bloke like Dougy in the senior side to "find form". He can "find form" in the SANFL and earn his place back in the senior side if he's good enough.
Tex was a different case altogether; he's co-Captain and attracts a top defender, plus he did more off the ball than Douglas. Don't get me wrong --- I'm a huge Jacobs and Douglas fan but they're both cooked and not an asset to the senior side any longer, sadly.
We won't know if they're "rushing" JJ back in until he plays; if he performs well, the selectors got it right. If not, they're mugs. That's a part of their job.

1.Don't care how much mongrel you got if you are playing poorly it will disadvantage the team, otherwise go draft Mike Tyson

2. Fog hasn't and pyke has backed me up on that

3 Im happy for Dougy to be dropped for Wilson or Stengle but Pyke sees the game needing experience players obviously who want buckle in big games

As for Jacobs were did that come from ROB is hilding his spot Jacobs is in the twos end of storey

Douglas is being kept in for a reason by Pyke you can guess the reasons if you like

JJ is being rushed back otherwise he would have had a game in the twos to regain some match time, to suggest he isn't is just made up BS

Tonight's selection was common sense, in hind sight.

Davis was our worst player last week, and milera has to return when fit.

Jenkins also, always straight back in. Himmilberg our second worst player last week.

We need more run, than we did against geelong. Gibbs the worst of our slowest mids. Naturally, the most experienced outside mid, got picked. Douglas stays because he offers flexibility, can play both outside and inside mid.. Mckay was tactical.

It's interesting, Dixon admits he's playing deeper now than before he broke the leg. He was always more damaging against us, when he lead outside 50 and gave off to a runner or long kick in quick. It was the same with tredrea.

Motlop and wines lucky to be picked. Westhoff cooked. Rozee being worked out. Lycett will struggle as the game goes on with O'brien. Question marks over Rockliff.

25-22.
When has Dixon ever been damaging against us? All I remember is him getting frustrated and giving away 50m penalties.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks for that :thumbsu: .
Any chance he's becoming disenchanted or annoyed at what the Club's doing?
Pyke strikes me as the kind of bloke who'd be explaining to Fogarty exactly what's happening and what's required.
Thats exactly what Pyke is doing. Dont think there is a chance he wants to leave OR the club wanted to trade him..... but then they have said similar before. But I do know hes very determined to improve with us.

Anyone else concerned we may be rushing Jenkins back in? I'd hate him to not be 100% and aggravate his knee, only to keep him back out of the side the remainder of the season. How long was he out compared to Seedsman?

Anyone else concerned we may be rushing Jenkins back in? I'd hate him to not be 100% and aggravate his knee, only to keep him back out of the side the remainder of the season. How long was he out compared to Seedsman?
2 fewer weeks.

I reckon that's exactly why we wouldn't have risked it. We seem very cautious with Saunders in charge.

Finally gave Davis a game in possibly one of the hardest fixtures you can encounter in the season. Dropped

Chayce Jones signs a 3 year contract extension and is the future of our club. Still not named.

But yet we sit here and bring Mackay back in and persist with Douglas.... This club seriously annoys the **** out of me with the way we go about some things.

Finally gave Davis a game in possibly one of the hardest fixtures you can encounter in the season. Dropped

Chayce Jones signs a 3 year contract extension and is the future of our club. Still not named.

But yet we sit here and bring Mackay back in and persist with Douglas.... This club seriously annoys the **** out of me with the way we go about some things.
Probably means the communication channels between players and coaches is a lot better than it appears from our side of the fence.

Ridiculous.
(Tyson hasn't played AFL for years ;) )

+

Please, tell me your reasons. I'm sure Pyke will back you up on those, too :drunk::drunk:.

So which mongrel should we bring in Dave Granger or Phil Carmen

At a guess he is hoping Dougy gets back to form as he knows what he is capable of, like he hoped Tex and betts did, and the same reason Smith is being kept in. He did the same with JJ and it rewarded pyke

If Jones had been AFL capable when given his opportunity Im sutre he would have left him in

Smith/Laird should not even be in the same postcode as MacKay.

But they sure found themselves there last week.

I can accept a dip in form, but their actions in the first quarter were just so poor they both deserved axing.

They are crucial players for us so let’s hope they’ve been shamed through the week and bounce back.

Laird is having a pretty average season imo. I've looked at his stats compared to last year, and there's no real stand out difference, but I find myself disappointed with what he's produced so far.

He's made some poor decisions with the ball, giving off so many hospital hand passes. Doesn't seem confident kicking the thing either.

For a player that is always so clutch in defending 1v1s, lays big tackles, smothers and takes the game on with risky but precise kicks, he's been a shadow of himself. Maybe with Smith back and Milera there he's been told to focus on defending? But even then he hasn't been great, just looks like he has no confidence in anything that he's doing.

When has Dixon ever been damaging against us? All I remember is him getting frustrated and giving away 50m penalties.

I love their side with Westhoff Dixon Motlop Wines and Ebert

Ryder and R Gray were the only 2 that really worried me
And miss Jack Watts for the lol

Last time he played against us. Long leads through half foward, talia couldn't get near him. Hence why they were able to build a lead. He was score assisting when we had the momentum.

Smith/Laird should not even be in the same postcode as MacKay.

But they sure found themselves there last week.

I can accept a dip in form, but their actions in the first quarter were just so poor they both deserved axing.

They are crucial players for us so let’s hope they’ve been shamed through the week and bounce back.
Smith was tagged most of last week.

It's not like Mackay will be tagged.

Smith a genuine matchwinner, who overall has had a reasonable year. He has credits.

Laird is using up lots of his credits!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back