Opinion Who will be our next head coach?

Who will be our next head coach?

• Brett Ratten

Votes: 81 68.6%
  • Robert Harvey

Votes: 17 14.4%
  • Justin Longmuir

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • Brad Scott

Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Ross Lyon

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Other

Votes: 6 5.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I think he'd be great too, but guys like Mitchell and Lenny are not going to coach until they KNOW they'll be the best at it. I wrote my comment with that in mind. I'd love for someone like them to come in, but I'd imagine many of these untried assistant types would be wary of St.Kilda, it's players, and the power play behind the scenes. An experienced guy like Ratts (in particular) wouldn't be as tentative, as the job would be to place a rudder on the ship. It would be a three year gig, no more...unless finals was reached in year 2 or 3.

If they’re going to wait until they know they can do it, they’ll never do it.

I’d want Mitchell . Won’t come because hawthorn is his I assume but would be great . I can’t see him taking s**t from anyone and players not going to another level
Tend to agree that he will stay at Hawthorn where he is the heir apparent, without anyone batting an eyelid!

But any talk of bringing Harves or Lenny back for us is somehow seen as strategically flawed because
Apparently it's footballing suicide to call on club champions to come back and steer the ship! 😒

So does Logan Austin, apparently. I suppose I'll also hear from Doulton Langlands or Golden Jazz hands, etc.
Hunter Clark, Blake Acres, Lewis Pierce and Bailey Rice have started walking up for a kick of whatever G train has left for them.

What about people with First names as surnames, Jack Steven, Seb Ross, Josh Bruce and Lewis Pierce (again)? Do you trust them?

So who holds Roo to account?
ROO has the hearts and minds of about 44,000 supporters. The board will be very much respectful of his view.
He as much as anyone has driven the team standards for 16 years.
My only advice to Roo would be to continue to be true to you values and dont get sucked into rubber stamping anything for the greater good. You carry the Hope's of us all!

Hunter Clark, Blake Acres, Lewis Pierce and Bailey Rice have started walking up for a kick of whatever G train has left for them.

What about people with First names as surnames, Jack Steven, Seb Ross, Josh Bruce and Lewis Pierce (again)? Do you trust them?
Glad you brought that up Austinnnn. Can't trust a single one of them.

Does Aliir Aliir have 2 First names or 2 Surnames? 🤔

ROO has the hearts and minds of about 44,000 supporters. The board will be very much respectful of his view.
He as much as anyone has driven the team standards for 16 years.
My only advice to Roo would be to continue to be true to you values and dont get sucked into rubber stamping anything for the greater good. You carry the Hope's of us all!
Without doubt. Absolute giant of the club and the game.

Regardless, to rely on one person or one person's advice is fraught with danger because no-one is infallible and everyone is prone to mistakes.

That's been.our problem in the past with our Messiah complex.

From Fox through to Blight IMO.

At least it's not sounding as definitive as it was. Players want Ratts apparently.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

OK, serious question...

What if Roo came out and said in his opinion, Richo deserves another year due to injuries

Then he's be a loser and we'd all hate him.

Without doubt. Absolute giant of the club and the game.

Regardless, to rely on one person or one person's advice is fraught with danger because no-one is infallible and everyone is prone to mistakes.

That's been.our problem in the past with our Messiah complex.

From Fox through to Blight IMO.
So the point is that I dont think he should or would annoint anyone I would expect him to have input into the integrity of the process or perhaps some of the criteria.

OK, serious question...

What if Roo came out and said in his opinion, Richo deserves another year due to injuries

Well it would certainly piss a number of people off here that believe he doesn't like Richo.
He has certainly been big on the injuries as a reason not an excuse. Thought his comment last night was quite strong when he was asked if Richo would survive next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back