Votes: 26 26.3%
  • The Fog plays in the firsts!

Votes: 33 33.3%
  • TYson Stengle debuts!

Votes: 57 57.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah much better playing SANFL than getting exposure to the AFL, gees you post some pearlers
In his defence the Suns side this week is akin to a SANFL side..... maybe that's was meant.

I think we need to start considering that our recruiting isn't as good as we think it is, and our player development isn't either.
It all comes down to what the club stands for.

We are too scared of failure to reach for success, so we stay with our established players no matter how average or past it they are. As a result our juniors spend years in the AFL.

If you ever wanted an example look at us playing Douglas in the JLT rather than giving McHenry a go. This is the same player they talked up all preseason.

Then we pick an underdone Mackay round 1. That was the most deflating selection of the year and all the enthusiasm for the season was quashed.

We then gave Jones games early but then have pulled the pin as the season gets more serious.

Meanwhile Butters and Dursma have known from day 1 of preseason there was a real opportunity for them and they were going to be backed in and they haven’t looked back and as a result the lack of run Port might have suffered with Polec and Wingard going hasn’t occurred.

We are a joke of club more worried about keeping their jobs.

In his defence the Suns side this week is akin to a SANFL side..... maybe that's was meant.
I know but that’s irrelevant. He will be playing AFL, surrounded by AFL teammates and we can see how he fits in and it gives him exposure.

We are ****ed.

The most annoying part of the 28 on the plane to Gold Coast, is that the entire 22 from last week are on board.

Every single one of the players that served up whatever that was last Saturday, have been deemed to be in the selection mix.

That really is disgraceful.

This comment from Grand Poobah Camporeale on Tyson Stengle just now being considered for selection at AFL level really sums up for me what I imagine is the weird Masonic-like ritual ceremonies the club’s team selection meetings have become...

"He's gaining more capacity and a lot of trust with the players and the match committee."

* off Campo, how about you gain some trust.

Pyke admitted it himself recently. His job is to win the next game. That's it, he thinks about this week, not next year or two down the line. I dare say that attitude is driven from the board down, just win this week and everything is good.
Pyke's job is to win the next game. It's the Manager of Football Operations who is responsible for looking at the bigger picture, planning for the future.

The most annoying part of the 28 on the plane to Gold Coast, is that the entire 22 from last week are on board.

Every single one of the players that served up whatever that was last Saturday, have been deemed to be in the selection mix.
They even took Jacobs up there even though Pyke has already said he's playing SANFL.

This club just can't hurt anyone's feelings

Yeah much better playing SANFL than getting exposure to the AFL, gees you post some pearlers
Damm straight, but at least I understand why the Club would select the best player/defender in the SANFL side for the past month by a long way over a skinny Kid who will be good. All he gets is travelling to the GC for 2 days then back on Friday only to travel to Port Pirie by bus on Sat Morning.
And if I write some pearlers then your original comment must be the gold standard,
Butts is not ready for AFL at a Pinch yes but not before Otten, While Butts has shown a lot this year but he is still too light, he needs to put on about 10kg, he makes Himmelberg look like a heavyweight. and they are the same height. If you bothered to watch any of his games you would understand why,
I don't mind playing the kids but sending a kid to be slaughtered against a bottom side is not the way I would develop these kids.

Bulls**t.

The coach must have an eye on winning premierships and what side will take him there. That includes player development.

Yep. The coaches job is to win premierships. Winning games is sometimes part of that and sometimes it kinda isn't

Damm straight, but at least I understand why the Club would select the best player/defender in the SANFL side for the past month by a long way over a skinny Kid who will be good. All he gets is travelling to the GC for 2 days then back on Friday only to travel to Port Pirie by bus on Sat Morning.
And if I write some pearlers then your original comment must be the gold standard,
Butts is not ready for AFL at a Pinch yes but not before Otten, While Butts has shown a lot this year but he is still too light, he needs to put on about 10kg, he makes Himmelberg look like a heavyweight. and they are the same height. If you bothered to watch any of his games you would understand why,
I don't mind playing the kids but sending a kid to be slaughtered against a bottom side is not the way I would develop these kids.
Wait up one minute you are saying he will learn more playing against the better Port forwards now you’re saying he’s going to get slaughtered by Gold Coasts forwards.

You’re so keen to back the club that you’ve confused yourself.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They even took Jacobs up there even though Pyke has already said he's playing SANFL.

This club just can't hurt anyone's feelings
I would have thought that would only be a contingency plan in case of a training injury/illness event with ROB?

Jenkins or the Berg would get absolutely slaughtered by Jarrod Witts.

I would have thought that would only be a contingency plan in case of a training injury/illness event with ROB?

Jenkins or the Berg would get absolutely slaughtered by Jarrod Witts.

Would it matter if Jenkins or Berg gets slaughtered by Witts?

It's Gold Coast. They're pathetic

I'm a believer that it always helps when players come through as a group.
North Melbourne played in 6 Prelims on the back of a successful u/19s group that won flags at 19 level then (most) came together into the senior side

Wait up one minute you are saying he will learn more playing against the better Port forwards now you’re saying he’s going to get slaughtered by Gold Coasts forwards.

You’re so keen to back the club that you’ve confused yourself.
No I am saying he will develop better staying here rather than travelling to GC for two days then travelling to PP for the SANFL game.
He was never going to play before Otten. and Otten is only going as back up to Talia/Keath.

Bulls**t.

The coach must have an eye on winning premierships and what side will take him there. That includes player development.

Elite I agree with you it Is to win premierships so don't have a crack

Does Pyke believe he can win the premiership this year?

If he wins the next three dependant on other results he could be sitting pretty the next three are all winnable

He will probably win this week he believes the team he is picking will give him the best chance at a flag and it doesn't matter what I think , it matters what he thinks he has been given the job and must do it, if he fails its his ass not yours or mine

ooh sorry didn't do that did I as for bloody Douglass
Be respectful on this forum & speak in English!

You should be previewing & reviewing all posts.

May mean you post less, but at least would be more understandable.

I like that idea. We could try Wilson in the middle and move Sloane fwd.
We certainly need someone who can carry the lines with penetrating footskills .
Sloane forward with some time as attacking wing , Stengle in a pocket and all of a sudden our forward line has some potency and x-factor .
Roar dog is great at reading the flight and taking contested marks when the ball is not telegraphed . Excellent shot from open play around the 50 also .
Put Milera and Smith through the middle at times for some run and drive from the guts . Different looks makes opposition react .
There is a reason our midfield often breaks down after half time .
One paced and not enough rotating through .
Same looks = easy counter .

Last edited:
If we make minimal changes after the 3rd worst effort by any side this year I will melt as what message does that send to our sanfl players who have been busting their gut & winning. We had players jogging & had a complete lack of effort in the 2nd half as Port players ran harder & waltzed by. You can't just back the players in when the effort was not there. Examples must be made or players get comfortable that they can get away with it & our culture goes to s**t!

Back