St Kilda parts ways with coach Alan Richardson: report

Remove this Banner Ad

Fair points- what is your position re: injuries and possibly white-anting by powers that be? Was he truly given the chance to do his job as he would ahve liked?

Ross did leave the club in a world of pain playing short term plan - hard for Richo to do much more given the circumstances i wouldve thought? Hardwick and Buckley spring to mind
There list is probably 2nd worst in the comp after GC...
A midfield of Ross, Gresham and Steele (I like him) wont get it done in todays comp.

Some decent kids coming through but and another pick this year will be handy

All the huff and puff was about Ratten after we won 5 of our first 6 games, but what has he done since? Seb Ross is kicking lollipops to opposition defenders 20 times a game, Jack Newnes is getting by being a 1 way runner averaging negative tackles a game, Jade Gresham's decision making has gone backwards, the midfield as a whole has been complete dog s**t.

Move him on with Richo as well.
You don't know what exactly is happening behind the scenes though. Teague was our forwards coach and our forward line was functioning like crap. As soon Teague became head coach he changed things in the forward line and we have been much better for it. Perhaps Ratten hasn't been allowed to implement things the way he wants to like what happened to Teague under Bolton.

On the Couch a few weeks ago: “It’s more common for teams to back their coaches now compared to a decade ago”

Next minute:

Bye Scott
Bye Bolton
Bye Richo
Richo has the record for most games coached at a club without a finals appearance. You don't think that counts as being backed in?

How's slobbo. Actively aims the knife in the back...numerous times for years gagging for a coach to get sacked...and then they eulogize them like it's a terrible shock

Yeah that guy’s two faced and talks from both sides of his mouth, and in the real world I’d trust him as far as I could throw him.

Bizarre how the turning point was their slaughter of Richmond in July 2017.

Under his tenure till that point they'd been steadily progressing upwards and looked headed for finals. Certainly after night most would've expected them to finish ahead of the Tigers that year.

And yet they barely have a yelp after that, won something like 12 out of 45 games and are miles off finals. Would be fascinating to learn what went wrong after that.
Richmond clearly threw that game to convince St Kilda that they had a good list and coach

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we end up with Brett Ratten, then it's a good outcome.

If we end up with Brad Scott, then it's a bad outcome.

I’ll be honest I am not sure why people are so for Ratten and not Scott. Scott took a subpar team to two prelim finals; in terms of final appearances and general consistency Scott destroys him.

Not that I am saying Ratten would be bad just not sure why a lot seem to be for him and against Scott.

Good decision, sad for Richo.
Moving along, getting a tried and tested relatively successful coach would be an option. B Scott is a possibility. But I like the idea of Ratten getting a shot. He has proven himself to be a good coach, has undegone training under a master coach, has shown ticker and grit in his professional and private life. I reckon he could be raring to go. Plus, he doesn't sook and remonstrate like a thunderbird every time the ref blows the whistle.

I’ll be honest I am not sure why people are so for Ratten and not Scott. Scott took a subpar team to two prelim finals; in terms of final appearances and general consistency Scott destroys him.

Not that I am saying Ratten would be bad just not sure why a lot seem to be for him and against Scott.

Ratten having coaching experience under Clarko at Hawthorn during their threepeat era would be a big reason why he is favoured over Scott.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back