• 47: Ivan Soldo

Votes: 10 4.4%
  • 48: Liam Baker

Votes: 10 4.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm 16000km away from the G today, but it looks like we tried a few things structurally.

Baker started deep Half Back in the Short role. Shorty went transitional wing on the fat or uranus cover side (Kamdyn role). Not sure that worked. Shorty struggled with his positioning. KMac to have his rest this weekend and return. Shorty to go back next Friday.

Haere Ra
thanks for the inside word stig

I liked the handball game, it's more about the intent for me. It was something a bit new and it can slice teams up.

Not new, but it was higher than usual. We averaged over 550 meters by hand in 2017 with that manic move it forward at all cost style of play. Looks like we're shifting into fibals mode.

Just watched the game.

Gees we were impressive.

I liked the handball game, it's more about the intent for me. It was something a bit new and it can slice teams up.

High risk vs high reward.

Lynch and Jack were fantastic. They are already causing issues for defenders. If they kicked straight they have 5 each.

Ellis was very good, really liked his game.

Rioli much better.

Prestia, Martin and Cotch very good.

Soldo was huge.

But the biggest positive is our back lines form.

Absolutely rock solid down there, our set ups are fantastic.
Agree with all this...
Vlaustin was a little bit down from his lofty standards today..
I don’t recall Astbury or grimes making a mistake today.. both were impassable

Grimes and Astbury were outstanding today. Unheralded by the media, but not in here. We know how good they are. Still a few little errors when we try to mobe the ball quickly, but we look scary when we are on. The Lynch/Riewoldt combo is starting to purr and Lynch is clunking everything. Thought Bolton was quiet and Short was shocking. Our worst by a mile. Nank for Soldo only change next week I would think. Be a good test next week, but our tail is up and pies look done. Win that and we finish second i reckon. Back us to win every game after next week. Brisbane being exposed by norf helps us out too

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Someone on the commentary mentioned handball metres gained was 900m at some point in the last quarter and that AFL Average is 140m. Massive differential. I think the constant handball is very hard to defend against with the ball carrier changing angles constantly and defenders never knowing whether the next play will be kick away or only a handball away. I think of it as repeatedly forcing the defence to reevaluate and one mistake and scoring opportunity arises. Also the oppo cant mark it and settle. They know some one or two will be on them pretty quick if they intercept which means there is no chance to rest either physically or mentally. Scores from turnovers seemed higher than usual today as a result.

Stack is a goal making machine forward - hopefully he doesnt go back
Agree. He must stay forward.
He does not need to learn anything by playing back.

Someone on the commentary mentioned handball metres gained was 900m at some point in the last quarter and that AFL Average is 140m. Massive differential. I think the constant handball is very hard to defend against with the ball carrier changing angles constantly and defenders never knowing whether the next play will be kick away or only a handball away. I think of it as repeatedly forcing the defence to reevaluate and one mistake and scoring opportunity arises. Also the oppo cant mark it and settle. They know some one or two will be on them pretty quick if they intercept which means there is no chance to rest either physically or mentally. Scores from turnovers seemed higher than usual today as a result.
Our handball today, while heart in mouth stuff, was breathtaking.

wonder if rolph carr will shop him around
Ralph is a genius. He waits until the perfect moment and then backs his client.

Our handball today, while heart in mouth stuff, was breathtaking.

Forgot to add my prediction for this week :

SHocking to announce that AFL doesn't think handballing should be a feature of the game and they have formed a committee to look at ways to reduce handballing.

u reckon bolton will sign with us?
Actually I do, but Ralph is the king. he could have signed Shai at the start of the season for nothing.
Backed his client to perform and he has.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back