2019 1st Ashes Test - Edgbaston 1-5 August 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

That's where Langer says to Smith, go set a world record. Bat for three days. Kill the contest. Let it rain. A draw means we win.
Langer not going for a win is about as likely as Donald Trump learning how to be humble.

Is there any way they can ensure these two umps never ump in this series again. I know they’re scheduled for next test (Dar) and following at Headingly (Wilson) but surely one of the most inept performances in recent memory should have immediate consequences?

I think we should also give the selectors credit for this test as well. Leaving out Starc and Hazelwood must have been hard as they have been battlers for us in the past few years but Siddle was definitely the way to go in English conditions. And finally rewarding Wades shield form. I don't think Boof would have done this until it was too late due to his aggressive mantra which backfired last time we went here.

Mate, it will never happen here on BF.

The snipers are just waiting/hoping for failure so they can stick the knives in.

After day 3, they were already going off about Bancroft and not playing Starc.
Predictably, after the win, you just get nothing, just crickets.

That Dr Gero character reckons when we lose, it's Langers fault and when we
win, they do it in spite of the coach so he can't really win.

One thing Langer has done which I like has invited legends like Ponting and Waugh to be around the squad.

Is there any way they can ensure these two umps never ump in this series again. I know they’re scheduled for next test (Dar) and following at Headingly (Wilson) but surely one of the most inept performances in recent memory should have immediate consequences?

Yep, these 2 should be dropped.

It's about time they get rid of the no locals umpires thing.

His average of 34 makes him more than adequate.
Bairstow averages 35.

Out of his 2 "obvious" replacements are Wade who is a crab with the gloves and
Carey who missed about 8 chances in the WC.

Ian Healy averaged 19 after 22 tests in a side of probably equal standing in 1990....

Rod Marsh averaged almost identical stats to Paine at the same point in his career and went pretty much downhill for the next 100 tests to finish with an average of 27 and is considered an absolute icon.

Pre-Gilchrist, Paine would be on track to be an Aussie great, especially if he notches up an away Ashes victory as captain...

Yep seriously I couldn’t give a stuff if both umpires were english, they couldn’t possibly be any worse than what we saw this test match. Plus they’re professional umpires, they’re capable of putting any possible bias aside.

Yep seriously I couldn’t give a stuff if both umpires were english, they couldn’t possibly be any worse than what we saw this test match. Plus they’re professional umpires, they’re capable of putting any possible bias aside.

Get prepared.

Headingly is a different beast all together, be afriad, be very afraid.....

There were a couple of shockers, the rest were just wrong, close calls.

If DRS was around in 2005 our friends Kersten and Bowden would have been shown to be a lot worse.

Imagine Joel Wilson as an AFL umpire!!!

I wanted to be an AFL umpire, but unfortunately I passed the eye test......

(Log in to remove this ad.)

corbies reneged on making a daily thread 😔 . How about Test 2, corbies ?
We've decided one per Test would be fine but you're more than welcome to have your say in this thread:

Be interesting to see what pitch is dished up at Lords after Root shamed the groundsman there after the Ireland test

With Jimmy out would England want a green deck?

They are in a tough spot as a green pitch exposes their flimsy batting line up as well as ours but a flatter deck that could turn late gives us an advantage with Lyon.

Both teams really just have to hope they win the toss get through the new ball and pray it's hard to bat last.

With Jimmy out would England want a green deck?

They are in a tough spot as a green pitch exposes their flimsy batting line up as well as ours but a flatter deck that could turn late gives us an advantage with Lyon.

Both teams really just have to hope they win the toss get through the new ball and pray it's hard to bat last.
In fairness to Root - that pitch was more green than the colour of my face when I went on the Gravatron with a raging hangover back in the day

Remove this Banner Ad

Back