Discussion 2019 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
AFL must be so proud of these Friday night blockbusters.

Watching is like rubbing sand under your eyelids.

How do you fix that though?

Nobody would predict we would play 2 games against GC that would be decided by a kick. Same with the Freo game. Should those have been Friday night showings?

Which game from this round would you play on Friday night?

Blues v Saints could be a cracker now but 6 weeks ago?

North v Port?

Tigers v Eagles? Give the big clubs everything?

Nobody would predict we would play 2 games against GC that would be decided by a kick. Same with the Freo game. Should those have been Friday night showings?

North v Port?

Exactly. We complain about not getting Friday night games, then we complain when boring clubs get Friday night games. If we want to want Collingwood vs Richmond every week then I'm sure the AFL would be happy to oblige, not sure it's in our interests though.

Exactly. We complain about not getting Friday night games, then we complain when boring clubs get Friday night games. If we want to want Collingwood vs Richmond every week then I'm sure the AFL would be happy to oblige, not sure it's in our interests though.

It just sucks when we and other smaller clubs make absolute meals of our opportunities.

Doesn't help all 4 (saints Dees North and dogs) look like missing the 8 this year.

It just sucks when we and other smaller clubs make absolute meals of our opportunities.

Doesn't help all 4 (saints Dees North and dogs) look like missing the 8 this year.

Except is does since "winning" isn't drawing the money, it's the spectacle that does since you don't want simply the members and only them watching, you want the unknown and the "shoudl I" crowd engaged.

For example, if you have the dogs playing an attacking brand of footy, run all day, lots of goals kicked, this will always triumph over big 4 v big 4, since whilst sure, you will fill a stadium with members from both, but eventually you will disengage everyone else.

We should have 2 IMO, one at the G, one at Marvel, junk a Sunday game. No real reason to just hold 1 local game on a Friday night in todays age of access.

North v Port?

I don't have the answer TBH.

Was just saying.

They should just rotate club through.

The problem is that they fix it to maximise ratings revenue.

It's basically rigged IMO.

Makes it difficult to attract sponsors if you're a smaller club.

That's a separate issue.

My comment was more about the state of the game. All the rule changes etc.

It's like under 9's with a scrum of 36 players following the ball around.

Something is NQR at Port.
You can say that again 🙄

1174jd5.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't have the answer TBH.

Was just saying.

They should just rotate club through.

The problem is that they fix it to maximise ratings revenue.

It's basically rigged IMO.

Makes it difficult to attract sponsors if you're a smaller club.

Yep. I agree with both of you.

In an ideal world every team would get a home game on Friday night through the year and every team would play away at least once on Friday night through the year.

That's 18 rounds covered.

Use the other 5 rounds (plus Thursday nights) to show off the remaining "big" games.

That would’ve made a great grand final. It reminded me of the 09 GF. I was expecting the Eagles to run over the top in the last 5 mins. The Tigers did well to hang on.
Two sides who refused to give up, gave everything they had until the last siren

Leon Cameron clearly can’t coach. How many A graders do you want and he still can’t win a flag. Imagine if he was coaching a less talented team.

As I said last week if the Dogs make the finals I wouldn’t want to be playing them.

Leon Cameron clearly can’t coach. How many A graders do you want and he still can’t win a flag. Imagine if he was coaching a less talented team.

As I said last week if the Dogs make the finals I wouldn’t want to be playing them.
GWS should be looking at RTB it would be the perfect fit

They are constantly let down by injuries to their stars.
Investing in better fitness and medical staff needs to be their first priority.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back