News 2019 Rumour File - discuss rumours here!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah yes but one of those who actually had to communicate with customers/clients - was the greatest part was going to customers businesses and talking about them and their business and not about me.

It was never about me with my snout in the trough. I finally got to go into a corporate box, 13 days before I retired (after 39 years of service) - not all bankers are the same, just like not everyone in life is the same.

Just become a customer you get to go at least once a year

Nah his wording was bulls**t.

He said he wouldnt go anywhere unless he was told.
Nobody gets told. The player has the final say as to whether he is traded when under contract.
He can simply not get traded if he wants to play SANFL and still earn his $$
He’s doing a Wingard. Gets to play the Crows off as the bad guys if he says what he’s saying.

Jenkins interview came across as very stubborn. He realised and even spoke about how clubs are starting to take back a bit of power.

Every year theres a tonne of players breaking their contracts in trade period and now clubs are looking at doing the same.
I think Jenkins was subtly telling afc that he has to be happy with the deal otherwise he is staying put. A bad situation as it's limits the club's options. He will only go back to Melb I feel. Best option would be if a club pays 80% of his salary and we get a 2nd round pick. Sooner this cancer is out the better. Essendon or Melb likely the best option for us. Dogs chasing Keath and Jenkins apparently.

Last edited:
I think Jenkins was subtly telling afc that he has to be happy with the deal otherwise he is staying put. A bad situation as it's limits the club's options. He will only go back to Melb I feel. Best option would be if a club pays 80% of his salary and we get a 2nd round pick. Sooner this cancer is out the better. Essendon or Melb likely the best option for us.

Im sorry to say this JJ will never attract a 2nd regardless if we pay his whole salary, fourth rounder for an SANFL player

Dominant teams don't lose 28% of their games.
It's as simple as that.
With 15 wins & 1 draw, Adelaide is the least dominant team to have won the minor premiership in the last decade. Every other minor premier has won at least 17 H&A games.

2009 - St Kilda - 20 wins
2010 - Collingwood - 17 wins, 1 draw
2011 - Collingwood - 20 wins
2012 - Hawthorn - 17 wins
2013 - Hawthorn - 19 wins
2014 - Sydney - 17 wins
2015 - Fremantle - 17 wins
2016 - Sydney - 17 wins
2017 - Adelaide - 15 wins, 1 draw
2018 - Richmond - 18 wins
2019 - Brisbane - 16 wins (with 1 round to play)

Have also heard Luko is set on returning to SA and we have absolutely no hesitation in giving pick 3 + whatever else is takes to get him here.
Let’s hope the AFL go from 6 6 6 to 9 & 9 then we don’t have to worry about a midfield!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Earnst and Young, KPMG , Delloites

all the same, all employees get taught at the same uni's very similar in so so many ways

No E&Y, and absolutely no Deloittes

Get KPMG, and if they're already our auditors, get PWC!!

They cant afford it, pushing all their coin into the womens comp and TAC Victorian U18's comp and NEAFL
That makes no sense. If we're paying 400k per year to play in the SANFL and stand alone Victorian clubs are paying 500k to play in the VFL, surely that goes a long way to covering the cost of a reserves comp. If all the clubs paid 400k that would be 7.2 million...

There would also be considerable economies of scale, e.g. travel etc through playing curtain raisers at the same grounds as senior teams

Earnst and Young, KPMG , Delloites

all the same, all employees get taught at the same uni's very similar in so so many ways
Will they interview players about personalities at the club or is it processes and structures.
Or burton might be doing everything by the book but if everyone hates him because he’s a dick, is he going to be recommend to be moved on?

That makes no sense. If we're paying 400k per year to play in the SANFL and stand alone Victorian clubs are paying 500k to play in the VFL, surely that goes a long way to covering the cost of a reserves comp. If all the clubs paid 400k that would be 7.2 million...

There would also be considerable economies of scale, e.g. travel etc through playing curtain raisers at the same grounds as senior teams

Do you think they investigated the idea then scrapped it because no one had the time to implement it?

The only reason you would drop it is because its cost restrictive or the WA and SA teams didnt want to participate, as it appears teh QLD and NSW teams will join the VFL

Will they interview players about personalities at the club or is it processes and structures.
Or burton might be doing everything by the book but if everyone hates him because he’s a dick, is he going to be recommend to be moved on?

Not at all accountants analyse results and facts, also how those results are obtained , that's how Ive found both deloittes and KPMG never had much to do with Earnst and Yong apart from answering some audit questions for them

So financially the club is strong, and membership wise it is strong, compared to the other teams

On Field our results are middle of the road

They are very fact driven, they don't draw upon opinions to often

How do you think the review will look based on the results we show?

I think the review will show off field the club knows clearly what its doing and onfield we are middle of the road with room for improvement, based on results purely

Not at all accountants analyse results and facts, also how those results are obtained , that's how Ive found both deloittes and KPMG never had much to do with Earnst and Yong apart from answering some audit questions for them

So financially the club is strong, and membership wise it is strong, compared to the other teams

On Field our results are middle of the road

They are very fact driven, they don't draw upon opinions to often

How do you think the review will look based on the results we show?

I think the review will show off field the club knows clearly what its doing and onfield we are middle of the road with room for improvement, based on results purely
I thought this was more than a financial review?

Do you think they investigated the idea then scrapped it because no one had the time to implement it?

The only reason you would drop it is because its cost restrictive or the WA and SA teams didnt want to participate, as it appears teh QLD and NSW teams will join the VFL

That's rarely the reason for anything AFL related. Look at AFLX, that would've cost near on a million for a single day.

The reserves comp could be paid for by the teams using the fees they already pay to the state leagues they compromise.

Could just as easily be the VFL teams are happy with current arrangements and don't fancy traveling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back