2019 3rd Ashes Test 22-27 August Headingley

Who will win the 3rd test?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

None of those are in England.

Bancroft has been poor but Warner has been absolutely s**t in all aspects of the game this Ashes.
Warner looked like he had the weight of the world on his shoulders in the last Test. He has a newborn child. Surely it eventually gets to a stage where he's told to go spend time with his family in the interests of himself and the team.

I hope he has a great match, but it's a point that I think has been missed in all the arguments.

That’s a wholly optimistic take. I’d be happy for Smith never to captain again. Great bay does not always equal great captain and he wasn’t that great.
I'd prefer for him to just focus on his batting tbh. There's no reason he can't give advice to whoever actually is captain. Unless his form seriously dips, Head should be our next captain imo.

Head has a long way to go
Agreed. Nobody else really stands out as a good option at this point though. And I do think we have to be prepared for if Paine's standard of keeping drops. We can't carry someone who is a liability with the bat and gloves.

Oh look. It's raining in England. Who woulda thunk it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Harris should have come in for Warner but anyway, now that the teams are in, I just hope some Aussie batsmen stand up in Smith's absence. Head hopefully can keep his form going.

Urrrrgggh.... More rain. And would you believe in London it's bursting with sunshine and heading towards 25 degrees!!! FMD!

This is a colossal toss to win could be series defining for England with no Smith.

Ripped from cricinfo.

"Conventional wisdom dictates that captains should look up, not down, when they win the toss at Headingley - perhaps instead they should look back. The last five Tests here have seen the team that won the toss go on to lose, with two toss-winners batting first and three electing to bowl. With murky skies around and a pitch that is grassy, but dry underneath, it might prove a good one to lose."

Back