2019 3rd Ashes Test 22-27 August Headingley

Who will win the 3rd test?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

He deserves shiat! Has about as much business as I do being the captain of Australia, Smith needs to be reinstated post haste and Paine dropped, this isn't a ******* fairytale, this is the Ashes.
1) Smith isn’t eligible to be captain
2) We are in the box seat to win this series
3) Do you have any idea how many times I typed a response here and deleted it? Jesus

...which he's not doing. Just get rid of him, bring in finch and make him captain. He's already captain for the ODI team.
How is he not doing that? We are on the verge of winning or retaining the Ashes in England, something we haven’t achieved for 18 years.

Is Aaron Finch’s test average better than Tim Paine’s? I already know the answer to this question so I’m happy to hear your case when it comes to how to get the best out of this fragile and flawed outfit that is about to hold their own on English soil.

Isn't it that he can't skipper for a year after coming back in? Or am I making that up? Besides, there must be a better skipper than him. Paine/Langer at least use the bowlers well.

Crazy how many want Smith back as skipper, shithouse leader of men and tactically inept. Let him focus on scoring runs.

Isn't it that he can't skipper for a year after coming back in? Or am I making that up? Besides, there must be a better skipper than him. Paine/Langer at least use the bowlers well.
He was banned from all international and domestic cricket for 12 months starting from 29 March 2018. and was not to be considered for a leadership role for 12 months after that.

9th over: England 17-2 (Burns 7, Denly 0) Preferring to bowl the right-handed Denly, by the looks, Cummins is seaming the ball a mile. Coming down the hill with the sun on his shoulders, one comes in and isn’t too far from off stump, another hits the pad without Denly offering a shot and is pretty close to lbw, a third cuts the batsman in half and is taken by Paine a couple of metres down the leg side, and a fourth does the same from a fuller length, through the gate, and somehow misses off stump by a whisker. Denly might as well be taking guard at square leg for all the part that he played in that over.

If anyone doesn't read the Guardian OBO, it's well worth a read with the description of the Aus bowling this morning.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great day but shame we lost Wade and Paine so late. It would have been useful to get a lead of 400 but anything over 325 would be a bonus.

England won't bad that poorly again

Great day but shame we lost Wade and Paine so late. It would have been useful to get a lead of 400 but anything over 325 would be a bonus.

England won't bad that poorly again
If we could get to 350 i'd be feeling pretty good. Not sure this team has 350 in them given they way they're batting

Feeling comfortable with the runs we have but could always feel... comfortableer. Exciting night ahead starting with a wagging tail. All things going well we’ll have the ashes sewn up tonight!

So come the 4th innings you don't think Starks footmarks would be a massive advantage for Lyon? Remember Stark is a world class left arm quick to boot, only a complete fu** wit would disagree.

Excuse me? We're likely going to romp to our first away ashes win in nearly 20 years. Only a #### wit would want any of the 4 quicks that have done the job out for Starc right now. Have a think please. Lyon will dominate regardless.

Starc is a good one day bowler and an inconsistent test one who loses confidence and his way very quickly and releases pressure on the opposition. Also regardless of what the speed gun says or what he can do in one day games he fails to really hurry the batsmen or impose himself.

Feeling comfortable with the runs we have but could always feel... comfortableer. Exciting night ahead starting with a wagging tail. All things going well we’ll have the ashes sewn up tonight!
Hopefully a tail ender can smack a few 6s, make a 40 and demoralise them before they have to bat again.

Sent from my CPH1879 using Tapatalk

Gee waking up today the Media thinks we have already won the Ashes after last night's performance, but no way we have won this . There is still 3 days of Cricket left. We are in a good position but we have only got under 300 runs lead. No way this is enough yet

Back