2019 3rd Ashes Test 22-27 August Headingley

Who will win the 3rd test?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Gee waking up today the Media thinks we have already won the Ashes after last night's performance, but no way we have won this . There is still 3 days of Cricket left. We are in a good position but we have only got under 300 runs lead. No way this is enough yet
It's not enough, but in 142 years of Ashes cricket, I'm pretty sure I'm right in saying that England have never scored more than 332 to win an Ashes Test, and hopefully Labuschagne and the tail can push the lead beyond that. So history is definitely against the Poms, plus the Aussies are bowling unbelievably well. If the home side pull this one out of the fire, it'll be one of the all time great comebacks.

Time to amend the thread title dates to 22-24 August (27 August was wrong anyway), because I can't see it reaching day 4.

Gee waking up today the Media thinks we have already won the Ashes after last night's performance, but no way we have won this . There is still 3 days of Cricket left. We are in a good position but we have only got under 300 runs lead. No way this is enough yet
I didn't see the latter part of the day's play, but assume the pitch dried out a little but still have movement. Day three may well be the best batting day, however still have something for the bowlers.
What's there now is probably enough, but I have to agree not a certainty at this point. If the tail can rally around Labuschagne (and well done to the selectors there, I don't think I had him in my squad) and add another 80 or thereabouts that would be handy - but also show that batting might be getting more comfortable.

For all the flak the selectors cop, surely they deserve a bit of praise for their faith in Labuschagne. He's been remarkable since he entered this series - perhaps THE success story of the tour.

For all the flak the selectors cop, surely they deserve a bit of praise for their faith in Labuschagne. He's been remarkable since he entered this series - perhaps THE success story of the tour.

Yea there's something there with him. With Head and Wade that could be an ok mid order. Not great but ok.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Predicting the big footy consesnus line up for 4th Test

Renshaw
Burns
Lab
Smith
Head
Patterson
Carey
Cummins
Starc
Whoever bolwed the fastest delivery in the big bash last year
Lyon

Consensus 4th test line up on BF after last night

Sir David Warner
Sir Marcus Harris
Sir Usman Khawaja

etc....

It's not enough, but in 142 years of Ashes cricket, I'm pretty sure I'm right in saying that England have never scored more than 332 to win an Ashes Test, and hopefully Labuschagne and the tail can push the lead beyond that. So history is definitely against the Poms, plus the Aussies are bowling unbelievably well. If the home side pull this one out of the fire, it'll be one of the all time great comebacks.

Time to amend the thread title dates to 22-24 August (27 August was wrong anyway), because I can't see it reaching day 4.
I hope your rite I really do. But there still 3 days of Cricket so there is plenty of time

Yes, last year Head, Labuschagne, Patterson and Harris all showed glimpses for the future. I would probably have given Kurtis Patterson the nod over Labuschagne but the selectors got it right.

They donā€™t give out 100s for a reason but if ever anyone deserves one he does .
Been courageous, resilient and everything we have been crying out for in our lineup .

Hopefully the tail can hang tough with him for a bit longer

Back