Live Event Toby Greene fronts the tribunal - Suspension appeal

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he's terrific and would love to have him playing in my team.
I always recall Scarlett, Mooney, Chapman, Milburn, Johnson having a nasty streak like Toby. Sometimes it's worth the weeks on the sideline through suspension if it means you instill a hard-edged no back-step approach.

It's a little different if you are not a talented player (Steven Baker) and you are deliberately bullying players but Greene is elite and you build around tough nuts like him.
It's just ironic that there is much noise surrounding this when Bontempelli got off for a deliberate action not that long ago.
Are you actually going to compare a late bump to eye gouging/hair pulling?

There simply is not available evidence that has been presented so far publicly that should result in a suspension for Greene.
Greene, unprovoked, grabbed a guy by the face and hair in an attempt to injure him. There’s no other explanation for why you are grabbing at a players face and slamming their head into the ground by their hair.

He’s gone.

I thought all eye gouging charges are assessed by tribunal not MRO

I’m no expert on any of this but I assume MRO has to see something to refer it for deliberation. From my understanding direct referral is for serious charges the MRO thinks goes beyond the simple 3 point “intent, high and impact” process.

Anyway, this thread has as much chance of reaching consensus as Trump vs the mainstream media so I’m out. I’m actually more concerned about the grabbing his hair and thumping his head into the ground more than the alleged eye contact. But that will not be agreed upon either so off to bed I go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For arguments sake, let's say he didn't eye gouge him. Greene comes down to Bont who is defenceless after tackling someone, and picks his head up by the hair and smacks it on the ground. That's not "just footy", that's being a filthy player.
And you're not going to get a bruise like that around your eye from someones hands just being on your face. It'd require a decent amount of pressure.

Genuinely baffled by people defending him. He's shown year after year that he's a dirty player. That's not even up for debate. Just the fact that he comes to ground to remonstrate and goes straight for the face shows that he's doing something he shouldn't be. And is clearly pushing down on Bont's face.
I'm assuming those defending him are of the group who think footy is smashing campaigners in the face and being like "aw yeah nah it's just a little bit of biff, nothin' wrong with it".
* Greene. Literally every time we play them he pulls some s**t like this. If it happened to any other team as regularly as it does to us more people would understand Dogs supporters frustration.

There was a period there when a couple of Bulldogs players were elbowed in the face in legitimate footballing incidents (not suggesting anything sinister or dirty). Was Bontempelli involved in any of those that could have led to the black eye? Genuinely can't remember who they were.
No issue with any of those incidents. Bont got elbowed in the mouth and went off with the blood rule, definitely not near his eye.

I think the charge is 'unreasonable contact to the face' or something similar. Not specifically 'eye gouging'.

A fair bit of contact to the face there. If he wasn't trying to dig at his eyes then I'm not sure what he was trying to do.

There's white line fever and then there's this. He'll be gone for a few I'd reckon. This year is done.
The charge was serious misconduct. This ranges from clawing Bont's face, slaming his head to the ground, pulling his hair, etc.

He'll get suspended, it's clear cut.

Why would I be bitter? The Bont is one of my favourite players in the league and I have no reason to have an axe to grind against the Dogs.

It just seems to me that you Doggies fans are blowing this incident way out of proportion as a neutral fan.

So it's gone to the tribunal.

Has the MRO blown it "out of proportion" too?

I can't really think of a player who was dirtier than Greene has been over a long period of time. Prick deserves to be de-registered. Why good blokes like Rance, Ward, Morris etc do their knees and not scumbags like Toby are the reason that commentators should never mention "footy gods" again..

So it's gone to the tribunal.

Has the MRO blown it "out of proportion" too?

It's another case of Chrisso passing on the buck, cause he is too gutless to make a decision on his own judgement. Just because it's referred to the tribunal doesn't neccesary mean he will get suspended, you can be certain the Giants will bring in the top end of town lawyers to dispute the charge on Greene's behalf.

It's another case of Chrisso passing on the buck, cause he is too gutless to make a decision on his own judgement. Just because it's referred to the tribunal doesn't neccesary mean he will get suspended, you can be certain the Giants will bring in the top end of town lawyers to dispute the charge on Greene's behalf.

Answered like a bush lawyer, Elmer.

So the MRO has - or hasn't - blown it "out of proportion"?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is everyone ignoring the fact Bonts arms and hands were free the whole time Greene was roughing him up yet at no time did he try and grab Greene’s hands and stop him. Rather he’s just holding them out to the umpire, as if to say Ump look what happening, where is my free kick.

That says to me there was no gouging and at no stage did Bont feel seriously threatened he was in danger of injury. Reckon it’s a lot more of forceful pushing and rubbing down on the head than anything overly sinister. The hair pull at the end was probably the worst bit.

Might get one week for the totality of the incident but that would be it for me

Puts his hand deliberately in the face for some reason. Grabs hair and pushes head roughly into ground. Bont walks away with scratches and bruises around eye. Anyone who thinks Green s laying again this year is fooling themselves.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Is everyone ignoring the fact Bonts arms and hands were free the whole time Greene was roughing him up yet at no time did he try and grab Greene’s hands and stop him. Rather he’s just holding them out to the umpire, as if to say Ump look what happening, where is my free kick.

That says to me there was no gouging and at no stage did Bont feel seriously threatened he was in danger of injury. Reckon it’s a lot more of forceful pushing and rubbing down on the head than anything overly sinister. The hair pull at the end was probably the worst bit.

Might get one week for the totality of the incident but that would be it for me
Ah, another Carlton supporter :rolleyes:

That says to me there was no gouging and at no stage did Bont feel seriously threatened he was in danger of injury.

wat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back