Live Event Toby Greene fronts the tribunal - Suspension appeal

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sometimes it's easy to forget the AFL are in charge of making and manipulating these decisions. Like Ellis and Cotchin in 2017, you're allowed to get away with anything so long as it boosts ratings.
Cotchin went for the ball and he could hardly have gone lower to avoid a high hit. How can you compare that with this disgusting off the ball behaviour?

No issue with it.

Can’t definitively see him digging his fingers into his eyes, I doubt the Bulldogs medical report would’ve left that out if he did.

Pushed his face with his hand/fingers to drive him into the grass and pulled his hair.

s**t look, but hardly worth the de-registration Bulldogs fans have been screaming for.

Cotchin went for the ball and he could hardly have lower to avoid a high hit. How can you compare this disgusting off the ball behaviour?
Hasn't stopped other players from being suspended for the same thing.
Want to defend the Ellis decision?

Bro, why have you invested so much time in this thread anyway? Be it through posts or liking anything anti-Bulldogs?

I guess when you support St Kilda, you gotta spend time on something in September hey?
I actually am a big fan of the bont and sometimes enjoy watching them (dogs) play (except for when they play for free kicks and when the umpires aren’t on your side).
But I am just sticking up for what I believe in and I believe he didn’t aim to eye gouge bontempelli.
And I’m just spending my off season the same as you (watching other teams in the finals)

Hasn't stopped other players from being suspended for the same thing.
Want to defend the Ellis decision?
I can’t recall the exact issues with Ellis. However, the tribunal has also changed a lot since 2017 too. This decision today is completely against what the AFL says it wants to stamp out.

Would've been much more surprised with a suspension, TBH...
The AFL were never going to suspend their own. It warranted 6 weeks. He's a grub. If Bont had any balls he'd have smacked him in the chops.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I actually am a big fan of the bont and sometimes enjoy watching them (dogs) play (except for when they play for free kicks and when the umpires aren’t on your side).
But I am just sticking up for what I believe in and I believe he didn’t aim to eye gouge bontempelli.
And I’m just spending my off season the same as you (watching other teams in the finals)
Who cares what he aimed to do? What he did do was so unsportsmanlike and so against what we want to see our junior players do that it demanded suspension.

Ah, here comes the backpedaling upon being called out for your agenda?

Eye gouging? There were about 3-4 things in that incident that merited a 1 week suspension. This point's been raised like 10 times in this thread alone, but that didn't stop you from mindlessly liking every post to the contrary ;)

Let's face it, you're a miserable little Saints supporter who still has it in for us big time after 2016 :moustache:

I can’t recall the exact issues with Ellis. However, the tribunal has also changed a lot since 2017 too. This decision today is completely against what the AFL says it wants to stamp out.

The AFL protects players from suspension come finals time. Even if something were to be referred to the tribunal, they'd make sure he's safe.

So you'd be okay with him doing that to Saints players?

Wow. Just wow.

Sorry but this is a disgusting decision. What message are we sending our juniors? You can shove the opposition’s head into the turf, attempt to gouge eyes, scratch the players face and then all you have to do is be remorseful and you can avoid a suspension.

This is an absolute disgrace.
Short memory!?

What example did it set when Cotchin went past the ball and hip and shouldered Shiel to the head in a prelim?

source.gif

Pretty rapt by this decison, good to see that trial by media/kangaroo court didn't happen in this instance.

Best of luck to Toby and the Giants against the Lions, stick it up the haters son 👍👍

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back