Preview 2019 Prelim Final - Tigers v Cats @ Punt Rd Oval, Fri 7:50pm

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got a mate reckons we should go Smith in the Ruck and Stanley Forward.

But if you look at the averages, you have to go Henderson for a Key Position role... will take more marks

However, if you look at the Averages - Abbott gives best versatility with much more tackles, more hitouts and a reasonable amount of marks and goals. This won't happen though, he seems to be out of favour with the MC.

If Rohan not fit, let’s bring in the Buzz! He can crash the packs and tackle ferociously which none of Hendo or Taylor can do.

Buzza is GFL worthy. At least Taylor and Henderson know how to football.

That's been tried, it's worked a couple of times and really failed a couple of times more recently. It's kind of in the party trick basket, not the sort of thing we want to be relying on in a Prelim I don't think.

Its the best option we have for a one off game this important (if it was for the season i wouldnt do it). The way you beat Richmond is your talls run dangerous leading patterns that make their defendersmove out and not sag off to intercept which gives your smalls space to score. Taylor can be trusted to run those right leading patterns..Stanley runs to the wrong spots too much which is why i want him beating that spud Soldo rather than being anywhere near the forwardline.

They picked the side sat. Rohan was injured. Remains injured and an even worse decision than bringing in Hendo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

They are not saying Rohan wont play just that he isnt the Hawk replacement. I am expecting 2 changes.

According to the following, he's gone ok this season - so not sure it's all doom & gloom if he does play

Among Geelong’s key defenders Henderson averages the most disposals, metres gained, intercept possessions, intercept marks and spoils in 2019, albeit from a five-game sample size.

Hendo’s also played the most games of the players that missed out last week (that were available). Experience means a lot at this time of year.

Sanity prevails. Said this on Sunday, and I am very happy that the coaches think the same. No rain either now...dare I dream of a win...

Its the likely option. Best of a bad lot. Also if its not working you can swap Hendo and Taylor and/or put Blitz in the ruck so it gives you options.

Hendo’s also played the most games of the players that missed out last week (that were available). Experience means a lot at this time of year.

Henderson has been really good when he has played this year and i expect him to do that. I just dont want him Taylor and Blicavs in the same backline as it makes us too slow...so long as one of them plays forward or Blicavs plays in the ruck i'm fine with it.

And kick behinds.

If we win it will be Ablett Dahlhaus Miers Menegola Parfitt (plus Danger when forward) that will kick our goals not the kpfs-they are just there to keep Grimes Astbury Houli etc accountable.

Have they ever tried Abbott as a Key Forward in the VFL?

He seems to tackle a lot, plus he can get the hitouts and mark and do the odd goal.

It wont. My worst nightmare. Hendo will drop it fumble and basically feck up all night. He’s terrible. Slow not a great kick or decision maker. Harry’s going fwd. feckin masterstroke. Any hope I had has now been extinguished. Harry took significant marks Friday. Now he’ll be going fwd. oh no.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Tend to agree - Hawkins for Henderson - talk about gold rolled chocolates to boiled lollies

Richmond are fleet of foot - outside of the ruckman - Henderson would be the slowest player on Geelongs list

I was getting my hopes up - but i was assuming Gary Rohan was coming in

All bets are off now Henderson is coming in

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tend to agree - Hawkins for Henderson - talk about gold rolled chocolates to boiled lollies

Richmond are fleet of foot - outside of the ruckman - Henderson would be the slowest player on Geelongs list

Hendo not that bad, but needs to stay as a back for sure.
Stinks it up when forward.

Rohan hasn't had a good game in half a year and would be likely to re-injure himself in the first quarter. He has played more terrible finals than good ones.

Henderson's limited finals record isn't much better but let's not pretend that we are less likely to win with him coming in than a half-crocked Rohan.

Because Rohan is injured and we don't need to make 2 changes - if Hawkins wasn't suspended I doubt we'd make any changes

Rohan isnt injured, if he was injured he wouldnt be in contention this week, if he is fit he plays, the MC obviously like him.

And just because we dont need to make 2 changes doesnt mean we wont.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back