• Jack Graham

Votes: 54 17.1%
  • Liam Baker

Votes: 49 15.6%
  • Shia Bolton

Votes: 11 3.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I’d be a lot more confident if Broad and Graham weren’t under injury clouds - 2 positions we don’t have a lot of options in the 2s (that are in form).

Even playing them concerns me, Graham’s shoulder could pop out again and may not be able to play on second time around.

Players that are concussed are usually loopy the week after - even if they pass all the tests. Usually takes a couple of weeks to fully recover.

Maybe Collingwood was the better match up...

Interesting listening to Leon Cameron this morning. He wasn't convincing regarding Phil Davis. Said that Phil is a professional and will obviously make the right decision, thinks he will be okay but there's definitely question marks over the injury he sustained. Coniglio is making a case but it's a 50/50 and again they will only play him if they feel he can get through a full game.

The interesting one for me is not just Deboer but also Perryman. On the weekend Perryman completely nullified Steele Sidebottom. My fear is that Dusty will be blanketed by De Boer and Perryman goes to Titch. With Jack Graham out potentially I feel that we've lost some midfield grunt to assist through that area which is why I believe Jack Ross is the one we'll pick. Losing Broad would hurt too as they play generally play three tall forwards so we're going to need some speed and height in defence which Broad has.

Jack's been down on form since his injury but he'd still take the oppos second best tall defender. It would be a foolish coach to let him roam loose.
I reckon he'll have a big one on Saturday.

yeah but they decided to destroy their bodies in 3 finals. they look cactus to me whereas after the first half we were full of energy. hopefully we blitz em

I was wrong thought pies would beat them easily on the G etc , I’m not a big believer now in them being cooked / tired because of the close finals as they had week off three weeks ago . Hopefully I’m wrong .

I’d be a lot more confident if Broad and Graham weren’t under injury clouds - 2 positions we don’t have a lot of options in the 2s (that are in form).

Even playing them concerns me, Graham’s shoulder could pop out again and may not be able to play on second time around.

Players that are concussed are usually loopy the week after - even if they pass all the tests. Usually takes a couple of weeks to fully recover.

Maybe Collingwood was the better match up...

Pies much better match up as there forward line isn’t as strong as GWS .

I think Graham plays.
His shoulder might pop a few more times though. Wasn’t it Anthony Stevens who played through popped shoulders during northmelbs golden era? Tough bastard. Not great for Grahams longevity perhaps but assuming he’ll get it fixed over the break. As long as he can stay out there otherwise the risk is not worth it.
Ross worries me vs GWS midfield. They are elite. He’s no Jack Graham 2017, yet.
I understand all the knocks on Kmac - patchy disposal and brain fades etc- but this is finals where pressure is a great skill leveller, particularly early in the game when the heat is on. Kmac has the body strength and tank to make a gws player or two very accountable. Won’t be surprised if he comes in.
Either way we can’t afford to give them a half before we get our game up and running. My blood pressure simply won’t cope

Pickett needs to play, 100%- straight swap for Graham. Pickett is better than McIntosh.

If Broad doesn't get up, Balta should be a straight swap as we need the height in defence. Balta was brilliant in the VFL GF.

B: Astbury - Broad (Balta) - Grimes

HB: Houli - Vlastuin - Short

C: Ellis - Prestia - Caddy

HF: Rioli - Riewoldt - Lambert

F: Castagna - Lynch - Edwards

R: Soldo - Martin - Cotchin

Interchange: Baker - Pickett - Bolton - Balta (McIntosh)

Brilliant ????? I think that is a reach. Would love to see him play but really not doing enough to warrant it @ the moment !!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This week and friday night's win feels really different to '17. I'm not sure why. Tbh i felt we we're invincible in the last 5 weeks of '17 and i guess the feeling was proved right. We've beaten the sides that finished equal top with us in the finals so...we must be pretty good. We have LunchWoldt now but no Rance.

It doesn't feel like grand final week or should i say it doesn't feel like the '17 grand final week.

I hope we bring the baseball bat and the nicer pen with us on Saturday.

It’s taken 37 years but we are once again the hated, despised, ruthless Richmond of the past. The years of the patronising “Tigers are my second team” are gone. Bring on the hate. We bloody love it. Eat em Alive Tigers.
No one hates you. I speak for a lot of people when I say I admire your club and you are much deserved favourites.

I hope Dusty spends more time in the middle this week. If I were GWS I'd be looking to put De Boer on Prestia because he's been our best mid by far since the bye - that becomes an easy decision if Dusty spends a lot of time forward. Dusty in the midfield say 70% of the time forces them to use De Boer on him and I'm gonna back Dusty to beat him 1v1.

Whoever De Boer goes to needs to beat him. These sorts of taggers aren't very skilled, so take away what they're there to do and they become a liability. I hope our midfielders rotate heavily through the forward line as he will have ever changing match ups and hopefully render him useless.

Gws have plenty of tall options fwd. Cameron, Finlayson, Himmelberg Okeefe who may be omitted this week but it is very tall even without Keefe..
If Broad doesnt get up we have to replace him with a tall.

Personally McIntosh or Balta Ross and Pickett for Broad, Graham and Short. Harsh call on short i know but he didnt do a hell of a lot apart from a few things and remains a defensive liability.

Back