List Mgmt. All Trades and Draft Part 2- Draft edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
O
Fremantle troll cant understand why we are happy with our list as it is. We don't need to trade a star to get back into the draft. He has never really seen his side in their premiership window (besides 1 year), and can't fathom that some sides aren't in a state of perpetual rebuild.
Ok well it seems a few think it's not a strategy you'd employ so my question is answered.

Carry on.

He was blitzing the championships before his acl . Would surprise me if he made it to the 3rd round
As I’ve said there have been concerns over size primarily, and a few other things. Add the knee issue and he’s a chance.

Hey I'm still happy we got him.

Just not as giddy as everyone else at overpaying because I'm looking beyond the 6 years of service he's going to give us 🤷‍♂️
...you realise there’s a draft next year too?

And even one the year after that!

we’ve traded ourselves out of one draft. chill bro

No when you look at our list, expose it to detailed analysis, etc - what is the key missing ingredient. A powerful running A grade midfielder with smarts and skill. Go get the best one available. And we did.
How far bach were we? Need a rebuild? Well we had a poor year and if not for the Willie saga we would have been in a GF.
This is a major signing.

I think you guys are going to be coming after us hard next year.

I already thought you were our biggest challenge after our match in round 22, but now with Kelly I think you guys could take some beating.

Our equal yet opposite game plans fascinate me.
Agreed with this. Such a fascinating battle. We appear to be eachother's kryptonite almost perfectly. Deserves a final, really deserves a Grand Final.

I already thought you were our biggest challenge after our match in round 22, but now with Kelly I think you guys could take some beating.

Looking forward to it although I hope we share a game each in 2020 as well - could be some thrilling games of footy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The little optimistic voice in my head has let me in on a rumour doing the rounds up there.

Cyril Rioli is returning to playing footy for the Tiwi Bombers in order to be picked up by us in the mid season draft next year to replace Willie for the finals.

Don’t @ me if doesn’t end up coming to fruition. Just what I heard.

Last edited:
Every single one of those players except Wellingham played in a flag. Wellingham did play in a GF.

Pretty decent hit rate.
Wellingham played out of his skin in that gf as well

Which is more than can be said for most of our guys

We done for this trade period?

I've heard^ there have been enquiries about Waterman, with Essendon interested. Better than Daniher over last two seasons, I wouldn't take anything less than 2 top 10 picks :thumbsu:

^Don't ask for source, I can't divulge*.

*It's from bigfooty posts I read last week.

Simo mentioned now trading back into the early rounds.

How if we don't trade a player? We can't trade any more future picks.

So if a player has asked for a trade who?

We can on-trade Geelong’s future third, or our own.

52+ the future third could maybe get us something in the late 30s.

I don’t see how we get any higher without players moving, though.

Rd 22 decided the flag, IMO.

Totally different dynamic with WC in the top 2/3 and Richmond having to win 4 on the bounce and potentially travel twice. Not saying we would've won the flag, but as soon as Richmond finished top 4 they were a huge chance and once they beat Brisbane were odds on.

I actually reckon Richmond 2019 were similar to us last year. Getting over Port in Rd 4 with players out and WC in Rd 22 were the difference. Last year we ground out a couple of wins and then beat Port after the siren then finished 2nd. Both teams finished 19-6 in the end and hit form when it mattered in the finals.

Hopefully in 2020 the numbnuts AFL schedule two Rich/WC games instead of just one like every other year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back