EDFL Premier Div 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Deer park could probably go out on the field and beat 85% of teams with no coach and doing their own rotations if they have their full strength side in which they didn’t all year

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Deer Park wouldn't finish top 4 in the EDFL

Deer Park and full strength would actually run riot in the edfl. Kwame would probably rack up 45 disposals. Their stars are unstoppable.

Anyway just an opinion

I have no skin in this game, and I have played footy in both comps, so there's no bias here mate.

Deer Park would not beat Keilor or Abers or Strathmore. They would be on a par with Paco & Greenvale on their best days.

Clubs like Spotty/Altona/Hoppers/WD would have only been competitive with the bottom 4 in the EDFL premier league last season, and the rest of the WRFL division 1 wouldn't make the EDFL premier league.

I see Donald McDonald has resigned.
And they havent given the job to Fabulous Phil . Theirs 2 positive steps forward for AH . Lets see if this new coach wants to play on the same terms as every other club or if he will carry on like McDonald and Cleary and want all other clubs to be handcuffed to the fence when they play against the all mighty AH

I have no skin in this game, and I have played footy in both comps, so there's no bias here mate.

Deer Park would not beat Keilor or Abers or Strathmore. They would be on a par with Paco & Greenvale on their best days.

Clubs like Spotty/Altona/Hoppers/WD would have only been competitive with the bottom 4 in the EDFL premier league last season, and the rest of the WRFL division 1 wouldn't make the EDFL premier league.
Great Discussion - Why don't the 2 comps get together and organise a Deer Park Vs Keilor match during the Bye or Queens Birthday long weekend. Can be played at either Windy Hill or Avalon Park or Whitten Oval with $10-$15k up for prize money from one of their Major sponsors - Charge a gold coin entry - Probably get 2-3000 people there if not more - can you imagine the bragging rights. But, sorry, silly suggestion, someone will have to work full time organizing this and it may actually work !! Just like the interleague matches that were apparently just too hard....

Great Discussion - Why don't the 2 comps get together and organise a Deer Park Vs Keilor match during the Bye or Queens Birthday long weekend. Can be played at either Windy Hill or Avalon Park or Whitten Oval with $10-$15k up for prize money from one of their Major sponsors - Charge a gold coin entry - Probably get 2-3000 people there if not more - can you imagine the bragging rights. But, sorry, silly suggestion, someone will have to work full time organizing this and it may actually work !! Just like the interleague matches that were apparently just too hard....

Keilor would toy with them for three quarters, then pull away and win by 8-10 goals.

I would love to see an intra club tourny every year for some decent prize money with like the top team from edfl, wrfl, northern league etc. Would be epic to watch

Deer Park and full strength would actually run riot in the edfl. Kwame would probably rack up 45 disposals. Their stars are unstoppable.

Anyway just an opinion

Unlikely, there have been a number of blokes getting games at Deer Park in recent years that were well & truly past their best when they last played in the EDFL.

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I would love to see an intra club tourny every year for some decent prize money with like the top team from edfl, wrfl, northern league etc. Would be epic to watch
Was tried a few years ago in bulleen.. didn’t work some of the top division club didn’t compete

Some of that years premiers didn’t compete

Was tried a few years ago in bulleen.. didn’t work some of the top division club didn’t compete

Some of that years premiers didn’t compete
They should make it compulsory for the team that finished on top and give seriously decent price money for the winning team. Winning players can get paid a small cut as an incentive. Would be good for the football community in my opinion id love to see it.

Anyway just an opinion

Have you actually watched much premier footy as I’m sure your more inclined to be at a div1 game.

EDFL far stronger league. I agree Kwame is an absolute star and a great bloke as well. Would go well in any league but wouldn’t get 45 possessions. Plays mostly forward.

Everyone talks about Deer Park. Well let me tell you that the Abers side a few years back that won the GF prior to the salary cap was one of the best sides I have ever seen. Angus Graham, Cubilla, Allan, Patak, Lynch, Toy etc. Unstoppable!!! Pretty sure they won the GF by about 60 points with ease over Greenvale.
But yes it probably was a 500k side.

That Abers 500k side would destroy the current Der Park 500k side. 😂😂

They should make it compulsory for the team that finished on top and give seriously decent price money for the winning team. Winning players can get paid a small cut as an incentive. Would be good for the football community in my opinion id love to see it.
I reckon Pre-season comp like the one at Keilor in the 1990's would be great idea. Good weather for a few cans. Only battle is getting paid players to "volunteer" in these Praccy matches. Imagine Deer Park, Keilor etc in this?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great idea.. I agree even charge $5 entry and you would get a few there.

I like the idea of prizemoney and that money is outside the cap and can be used to pay the players. If they were paid I’m sure they would seriously consider playing and the club gets publicity. Even maybe telecast it which allows sponsors to advertise through tv. It’s definitely something that would be great to see.

It's been done before...bit of novelty early days, interest dropped quickly. Marby represented the EDFL. From memory South Barwon won the comp. The most boring part was listening to all the excuses why teams lost.....unavailable players, not as advanced, trialing players and game style etc

It's been done before...bit of novelty early days, interest dropped quickly. Marby represented the EDFL. From memory South Barwon won the comp. The most boring part was listening to all the excuses why teams lost.....unavailable players, not as advanced, trialing players and game style etc

Yeah that competition at Bullen was a bit carnival like.

Would like to see a pre season game between Keilor v Deer Park. Play it at Keilor even. Charge $5 and get it streamed or telecasted with prizemoney to the winner. Maybe a % to a foundation would also be good.

1/2 time sprint maybe.

Carlton Draught tents around the ground.

Usually good weather then so you would surely make some good coin..

Have you actually watched much premier footy as I’m sure your more inclined to be at a div1 game.

EDFL far stronger league. I agree Kwame is an absolute star and a great bloke as well. Would go well in any league but wouldn’t get 45 possessions. Plays mostly forward.

Everyone talks about Deer Park. Well let me tell you that the Abers side a few years back that won the GF prior to the salary cap was one of the best sides I have ever seen. Angus Graham, Cubilla, Allan, Patak, Lynch, Toy etc. Unstoppable!!! Pretty sure they won the GF by about 60 points with ease over Greenvale.
But yes it probably was a 500k side.

That Abers 500k side would destroy the current Der Park 500k side. 😂😂
Deer parks best team was when Fev was playing and they won by like 130 points. That team was hands down the best local team ive ever seen would of put 10k on them to beat Keilor and Abbers of this year. Fev even mentioned was the best local team he played in and would of easily competed with a VFL team. Cant say much regarding the Abbers team when they had no cap i never saw them play live. But your comparing a team with no point Cap to a Deer Park team that had a cap when they played with FEV etc.

I wont talk about salary caps because lets be honest no one has any idea how much over/under cap any club is besides the president of each club.

In summary i would love to see a play off between top of edfl ladder and top of Wrfl ladder at like windy hill etc where they can pull in a massive crowd. Give the winning team some prize money with half having to go to the players evenly. That should offer enough incentive for the players to actually volunteer to play.

Deer parks best team was when Fev was playing and they won by like 130 points. That team was hands down the best local team ive ever seen would of put 10k on them to beat Keilor and Abbers of this year. Fev even mentioned was the best local team he played in and would of easily competed with a VFL team. Cant say much regarding the Abbers team when they had no cap i never saw them play live. But your comparing a team with no point Cap to a Deer Park team that had a cap when they played with FEV etc.

I wont talk about salary caps because lets be honest no one has any idea how much over/under cap any club is besides the president of each club.

In summary i would love to see a play off between top of edfl ladder and top of Wrfl ladder at like windy hill etc where they can pull in a massive crowd. Give the winning team some prize money with half having to go to the players evenly. That should offer enough incentive for the players to actually volunteer to play.

You Gus are seriously dreaming, there’s no way any of these scenarios would happen, these blokes whilst paid well for home and away, actually have lives, jobs and families, the season is long enough pre-season starts in November, praccy matches in March.
Clubs risk losing stars during this period little lone playing in some meaningless game for a few $, so us mugs can have a few cans and get a footy fix pre-season
Tell em your dreamin

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

You Gus are seriously dreaming, there’s no way any of these scenarios would happen, these blokes whilst paid well for home and away, actually have lives, jobs and families, the season is long enough pre-season starts in November, praccy matches in March.
Clubs risk losing stars during this period little lone playing in some meaningless game for a few $, so us mugs can have a few cans and get a footy fix pre-season
Tell em your dreamin

I know its a long shot just would be awesome.

Tell em your dreamin

These comments are exactly why things do not happen ! Things are just too hard, cannot do this because of this or that. Unfortunately, these comments reflect what a lot of people think. But, with the right people, determination & passion to get this off the ground and of course $$$$$ anything is possible - Anything that creates interest and promotes good local footy is surely a good business plan...

Yeah that competition at Bullen was a bit carnival like.

Would like to see a pre season game between Keilor v Deer Park. Play it at Keilor even. Charge $5 and get it streamed or telecasted with prizemoney to the winner. Maybe a % to a foundation would also be good.

1/2 time sprint maybe.

Carlton Draught tents around the ground.

Usually good weather then so you would surely make some good coin..

i would prefer to see Keilor vs Vermont. WRFL not close to EDFL premier

These comments are exactly why things do not happen ! Things are just too hard, cannot do this because of this or that. Unfortunately, these comments reflect what a lot of people think. But, with the right people, determination & passion to get this off the ground and of course $$$$$ anything is possible - Anything that creates interest and promotes good local footy is surely a good business plan...
Sorry Biggest Choker, it’s not going to happen. The name of the game for most clubs is to win the premiership in their local competition. Everything is geared towards that end. It is not about gaining meaningless bragging rights by beating the better teams in other competitions.

Anything which jeopardises a club’s chances of winning the flag will ( justifiably ) not be entertained. Imagine if a Dean Galea or Luke Blackwell suffered a season ending injury in a meaningless “ exhibition “ match against Deer Park or Vermont on the bye weekend. Could potentially cost them the premiership in the EDFL. I don’t think being able to boast “but we beat Vermont, and are therefore the best local club in Victoria” would be much consolation.

The byes are there for a purpose; and that is to give players a well earned break from the physical rigours of a tough season. They are not there to slot in additional matches, which in the overall context, don’t really mean a lot, except to pander to those who might be intrigued as to the outcome.

Last edited:
Sorry Biggest Choker, it’s not going to happen. The name of the game for most clubs is to win the premiership in their local competition. Everything is geared towards that end. It is not about gaining meaningless bragging rights by beating the better teams in other competitions.

Anything which jeopardises a club’s chances of winning the flag will ( justifiably ) not be entertained. Imagine if a Dean Galea or Luke Blackwell suffered a season ending injury in a meaningless “ exhibition “ match against Deer Park or Vermont on the bye weekend. Could potentially cost them the premiership in the EDFL. I don’t think being able to boast “but we beat Vermont, and are therefore the best local club in Victoria” would be much consolation.

The byes are there for a purpose; and that is to give players a well earned break from the physical rigours of a tough season. They are not there to slot in additional matches, which in the overall context, don’t really mean a lot, except to pander to those who might be intrigued as to the outcome.
Surely your joking !!Meaningless bragging rights and big ego's yeah right there are none of those in the Edfl. You may be right, it may not happen. But, It can Happen and the right people can get it off the ground ! Just imagine each player was offered $3-$5k to participate from a White Knight sponsor - i am sure i can even rustle up the best 44 players. Then get the AFL and high profile personalities involved Eddie and co, get all the footy shows and SEN and really build it up and some charity(Similiar to EJ Whitten). Fox footy had a similiar club comp a few years back and get them involved as well and there is so many other things that can get done - But, as i have always said the right people involved can deliver the goods. The top players were paid $50k for an AFLX exhibition game and do you think the clubs were happy about their participation?? Everyone has a price - Maybe have 3 games on the day - the best under 19's Male and then the best 44 Womens from the local leagues. Ideas a plenty but takes a lot of commitment and work !!

Surely your joking !!Meaningless bragging rights and big ego's yeah right there are none of those in the Edfl. You may be right, it may not happen. But, It can Happen and the right people can get it off the ground ! Just imagine each player was offered $3-$5k to participate from a White Knight sponsor - i am sure i can even rustle up the best 44 players. Then get the AFL and high profile personalities involved Eddie and co, get all the footy shows and SEN and really build it up and some charity(Similiar to EJ Whitten). Fox footy had a similiar club comp a few years back and get them involved as well and there is so many other things that can get done - But, as i have always said the right people involved can deliver the goods. The top players were paid $50k for an AFLX exhibition game and do you think the clubs were happy about their participation?? Everyone has a price - Maybe have 3 games on the day - the best under 19's Male and then the best 44 Womens from the local leagues. Ideas a plenty but takes a lot of commitment and work !!
Of course anything can be made to happen. What I am saying is that it is an unjustifiable, meaningless sideshow, but which can dramatically affect a clubs premiership prospects if their players sustain injuries. I would far rather my club won an EDFL premiership than to be called the champion local club in Victoria, by defeating clubs from other comps.

The risk of injury in these type of matches is real, and players deserve a break throughout the season. You blithely skip past those 2 points as if money is the cure all for everything.

Of course anything can be made to happen. What I am saying is that it is an unjustifiable, meaningless sideshow, but which can dramatically affect a clubs premiership prospects if their players sustain injuries. I would far rather my club won an EDFL premiership than to be called the champion local club in Victoria, by defeating clubs from other comps.

The risk of injury in these type of matches is real, and players deserve a break throughout the season. You blithely skip past those 2 points as if money is the cure all for everything.
your missing the point it would have to be the best team from each league. So would happen after the grand final of their local league. Maybe 2 weeks later for example

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back