Adrian Dodoro: Football’s Biggest Fraud IMO

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This aged well.
Flogs. Also Carlton EAD.
How did it age well?

Did you win a final did you?

Is it time to crown Essendon as the back to back to back trade period premiers?

Would be the most Essendon thing ever. You got no midfielders something you desperately need, but you’ll all jerk off because Dodoro held onto a player who doesn’t want to be there.

Keeping Joey will be a disaster for Essendon. Surely the end of Dodoro now?
Why would keeping him be a disaster? You’re assuming they will lose him for less, which the may, but they might also keep him longer term now.

I'm critical, but losing Joey for unders would have been the death knell. Getting an overs trade was the best outcome, retaining him was the second best. Losing him for pick 9 (IMO outside of top 5 may as well be in the 20's in this draft) and a speculative pick in a compromised draft would have been a terrible outcome.

Why would keeping him be a disaster? You’re assuming they will lose him for less, which the may, but they might also keep him longer term now.
cos BF logic.

Only in here would keeping your best player not turn out well
Despite Geelong doing that last year with Kelly, who nearly won a brownlow, had a ripper season and went for much, much more.

Added some depth
Didn't lose key players

Be interesting to see if he dips his toes in the live trading waters.

He doesn't want to be there, reportedly gutted it didn't get done, is injured all the time, still can't run, and will walk for free next year. Essendon were offered the biggest free hit possible (if 2 x first rounders is correct), and they blew it because they're too proud and too stubborn. Great for the rest of the league, but as a (non highly egotistical) Dons supporter, I'd be filthy.

He doesn't want to be there, reportedly gutted it didn't get done, is injured all the time, still can't run, and will walk for free next year. Essendon were offered the biggest free hit possible (if 2 x first rounders is correct), and they blew it because they're too proud and too stubborn. Great for the rest of the league, but as a (non highly egotistical) Dons supporter, I'd be filthy.
Were they actually offered Sydney’s 2 first, or is that what ‘experts’ were saying would get it done? Listen, if they lose him next year as an RFA, even with compensation you could argue that’s a loss. But they haven’t yet, and they may not. This all assumes Sydney we’re willing to part with 2 1sts, which would also assume that they reckon he is a good chance to play.

Were they actually offered Sydney’s 2 first, or is that what ‘experts’ were saying would get it done? Listen, if they lose him next year as an RFA, even with compensation you could argue that’s a loss. But they haven’t yet, and they may not. This all assumes Sydney we’re willing to part with 2 1sts, which would also assume that they reckon he is a good chance to play.
9 & a future was the report.
The future being in a draft ridiculously compromised by aligned kids (also quite convenient since i think the swans have 2)
5 never on the table.
We may have asked for 9 and a player (Heeney, etc)

About all you can go on at the moment.

cos BF logic.

Only in here would keeping your best player not turn out well
Despite Geelong doing that last year with Kelly, who nearly won a brownlow, had a ripper season and went for much, much more.

Added some depth
Didn't lose key players

Be interesting to see if he dips his toes in the live trading waters.
Kelly is about the only example of where a player staying that wants out actually worked out well for both the player and the club in the end, if a player doesn't want to be there just get rid, wait and negotiate the best deal possible and piss the guy off, more likely than not to have a negative affect with him hanging around for a year now, that and he can barely get on the park anyway, ridiculous that essendon held onto him imo

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How did it age well?

Did you win a final did you?

Is it time to crown Essendon as the back to back to back trade period premiers?

Would be the most Essendon thing ever. You got no midfielders something you desperately need, but you’ll all jerk off because Dodoro held onto a player who doesn’t want to be there.

I'm sure you'll be happy with Martin and Papley.

Oh..

9 & a future was the report.
The future being in a draft ridiculously compromised by aligned kids (also quite convenient since i think the swans have 2)
5 never on the table.
We may have asked for 9 and a player (Heeney, etc)

About all you can go on at the moment.
Fair enough. If he goes as an RFA even with good compo you’d say that’s a loss, however, he hasn’t gone yet, which I suppose is the point. Next years draft picks don’t seem to be worth the paper they’re printed on unless you’re banking them for points.

Fair enough. If he goes as an RFA even with good compo you’d say that’s a loss, however, he hasn’t gone yet, which I suppose is the point. Next years draft picks don’t seem to be worth the paper they’re printed on unless you’re banking them for points.
yep
every chance he may still stay
Plus we get 2020 out of him....with a new fitness/conditioning team
And we can still match and force a trade the year after

We've really lost nothing this year given 5 was never on the table

Kelly is about the only example of where a player staying that wants out actually worked out well for both the player and the club in the end, if a player doesn't want to be there just get rid, wait and negotiate the best deal possible and piss the guy off, more likely than not to have a negative affect with him hanging around for a year now, that and he can barely get on the park anyway, ridiculous that essendon held onto him imo
Bryce Gibbs worked out fine for Carlton.

Ryan O'Keefe did fine at the Swans.

Can you link me to the report saying he's gutted please?

I’m really questioning if it is fair to steal players that teams are interested in, like the past 3 years every player carlton are interested in Essendon signs them up. The list starts with Adam saad,Devon Smith, Dylan Shiel,Tom cutler and basically Tom Papley. If Chelsea gets a transfer ban why can’t Essendon because dodoro doesn’t know what a team that made the top 8 should go after instead of going after what a bottom four team goes after. I hope he gets sacked tomorrow fingers crossed. Also when a player request a trade, you trade them because you will be paying a player who can if he wants not play a game with them and make a holdout until they get traded.

I’m really questioning if it is fair to steal players that teams are interested in, like the past 3 years every player carlton are interested in Essendon signs them up. The list starts with Adam saad,Devon Smith, Dylan Shiel,Tom cutler and basically Tom Papley. If Chelsea gets a transfer ban why can’t Essendon because dodoro doesn’t know what a team that made the top 8 should go after instead of going after what a bottom four team goes after. I hope he gets sacked tomorrow fingers crossed. Also when a player request a trade, you trade them because you will be paying a player who can if he wants not play a game with them and make a holdout until they get traded.
Ahhhhh, well it’s, wait... what the f*ck are you talking about?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back