List Mgmt. 2019 Trade & Free Agency Thread V2

Remove this Banner Ad

If we take a dfa I reckon we would wait and take them through the rookie draft to replace McKenzie

Don’t have room on the senior list to take one there unless you want to only use 26 and 27

Agreed, i think they’ll be available then and if not no huge deal

Can’t help but think we have plans with 26&27

If we are looking at delisted players of the key defenders Walker would be the most suitable. Roberts and Brand are two of the worst kicks in the league. Roberts has also completely lost his ability to mark. Timing completely gone to s**t.

Keays and Gray both deserve another shot. Not sure Keays fits the bill as a small forward considering he is on the slower side and is 185cm. Gray would be an instant upgrade on Turner. Average the same amount of tackles per game (3.5) but Gray smashes him in possessions, inside 50’s, goals, marks and score involvements.

I'm sure I'm in the minority here, but I would take Dale Thomas before any of the other DFAs. Sure, he only has one or two seasons left, but he still has the talent. As one of those who is convinced we're not far away from serious finals action, my view is that he would be a solid back-up asset.
source.gif

I think it is worth us having a good relationship with GWS, they let some decent talent go cheaply if you are prepared to take on the money.
We will never get the Treloar, Shiel established types the big clubs get. Might as well keep targeting the Ahern/Bonar types

I'm sure I'm in the minority here, but I would take Dale Thomas before any of the other DFAs. Sure, he only has one or two seasons left, but he still has the talent. As one of those who is convinced we're not far away from serious finals action, my view is that he would be a solid back-up asset.

Daisy had a good year and is still good enough to be playing AFL, I just don’t think it should be with us.

Our priority needs to be getting games in to players like Taylor, Scott, LDU, Ahern, Bonar, Walker, Hosie if and when injury hits.

Last edited:
Why would you believe he would not succumb to temptation again? Northbridge is a gated christian community in comparison to Geelong.
Purely as a risk v reward scenario. People do grow up and get their s**t together. He’s painted like this ice addict on the road to recovery. I’m not convinced it’s all that bad. Possibly naive of me but I do feel the stories are a little far fetched.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And continue being a salary dump for GWS?
If we have the cap space, yes. $400k won’t seem to bad if Bonar lives up to his pre draft hype, and if he stays around a while the money will level out.

If we can’t lure ready made stars with godfather deals I’m happy for the club to take a punt with some different strategies. Personally I wouldn’t have gone with Bonar but I’m happy to see how it plays out.

Purely as a risk v reward scenario. People do grow up and get their s**t together. He’s painted like this ice addict on the road to recovery. I’m not convinced it’s all that bad. Possibly naive of me but I do feel the stories are a little far fetched.
I hope we don't touch him. I watched a WAFL game on tv this year, and he was stumbling on the ground. He was absolutely off his face on something and it looked more than alcohol. Nah, he is no good and shouldn't be touched by anyone. He has all the talent in the world, but he's ****ed his career up big time.

And continue being a salary dump for GWS?
Again - history says that go home players looking for a pay check don’t choose us.
So why not continue to target the fringe 1sr round pick players who would love to come here.

Again - history says that go home players looking for a pay check don’t choose us.
So why not continue to target the fringe 1sr round pick players who would love to come here.
I accept your premise, but don't have faith that Ahern will come through given his glaring deficiencies, i.e work rate, defensive efforts and even smarts. Bonar should get the benefit of the doubt, although I just don't see Jason (who would've been a good GM of Football IMO) fire-selling a kid if he's actually any good.

I hope we don't touch him. I watched a WAFL game on tv this year, and he was stumbling on the ground. He was absolutely off his face on something and it looked more than alcohol. Nah, he is no good and shouldn't be touched by anyone. He has all the talent in the world, but he's f’ed his career up big time.
Find this very hard to believe, he only played a couple of WAFL games this year and from all reports played well and was on the verge of senior selection before injury. You'd think if he played shitfaced we would have heard about it in the media and he would have been punished by Freo.

Find this very hard to believe, he only played a couple of WAFL games this year and from all reports played well and was on the verge of senior selection before injury. You'd think if he played shitfaced we would have heard about it in the media and he would have been punished by Freo.
CEE812CD-14A1-4D17-9F9D-EC8EA79A3621.jpeg

If we are looking at delisted players of the key defenders Walker would be the most suitable. Roberts and Brand are two of the worst kicks in the league. Roberts has also completely lost his ability to mark. Timing completely gone to s**t.

Roberts looked a good young defender a couple of years ago that I thought would develop into a very good interceptor. Just shows how quickly it can turn to crap.

We will never get the Treloar, Shiel established types the big clubs get. Might as well keep targeting the Ahern/Bonar types

The big clubs don't get the Kelly/Coniglio/Cameron types either, so if I had to choose between getting top ten (well, 11 for Bonar) picks like Ahern and Bonar on the cheap or paying two first rounders for good but not top shelf types like Shiel, I know which I'd take.

He wasn’t playing, his cousin was. They footage of him coming onto the ground at quarter time.

The big clubs don't get the Kelly/Coniglio/Cameron types either, so if I had to choose between getting top ten (well, 11 for Bonar) picks like Ahern and Bonar on the cheap or paying two first rounders for good but not top shelf types like Shiel, I know which I'd take.
Dom Tyson (selection 3), Liam Sumner (10), Jono O'Rourke (2), Kristian Jaksch (12), Jarrod Pickett (4), Matt Kennedy (13), Will Setterfield (5) ... just saying.
Bonar was let go as the rest of his 2017 draft class (Daniels, Taylor, Langdon and Shipley) went past him, as did first-year players Hill, Hateley and Caldwell.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back