Nostradamus Lives Stephen SOS Silvagni sacked from Carlton. Tom Browne upgraded to CCC- Junk Bond rating

Remove this Banner Ad

You are aware that 6-7 in the last 13 games equates to 12 wins over a full season under Teague right? That’s without the additions of Betts, Newnes and our captain in 2020 (Docherty the AA defender in case you’ve forgotten). If Teague had of coached all of 2019 we would have been in finals contention. We lost 6 games by under a 10 points under Bolton which most likely would of been wins under Teague. All with one of the most inexperienced sides in the AFL. now another year of experience. Another preseason under Andrew Russell (who called Carlton players fat in 2019 preseason). Look out. Imagine if Martin gets to Carlton for free an Kemp (ACL) at pick 9. SOS has just won the draft period.

It actually equates to 12 wins in 26 games. Which is equivalent to 10 wins in a 22 game season. That would have meant finishing 13th instead of 16th this year.

The relevance of the timeframe should be obvious since this is a SOS thread.

Why do you think your list will be the envy of the competition soon? What is exceptional about it?
Because of all the talent that’s on it.
feel free to read the stark difference between 2019 season prediction thread and 2020. I’d say on average Carlton were predicted in 2019 to be 17/18th. Now they’re being predicted by the majority being between 6th-10th. That sounds like envy to me. Now I’m going to list a group of players below that had great 2019 seasons I’d have previously shown an ability. You don’t have to believe me. I’m not trying to convince you. But. Each abd every one of them would get a game in your side in 2020
weitering
Marchbank
Jones (ironic)
Plowman
Walsh
Cripps
Fisher (actually tried to trade for him and we said go **** your self)
Setterfield
Betts
Martin* (not here yet but when it happens turned down much more money by the dogs)
McGovern
Casboult (Teague in round 18 called him thx best forward ruck in the game. I’d love to here who others think can Do a better job)
SPS (annihilated the dogs early at Etihad)
McKay
Curnow (8 goals says it all)

im sure I could add more but that would be more bias.

It actually equates to 12 wins in 26 games. Which is equivalent to 10 wins in a 22 game season. That would have meant finishing 13th instead of 16th this year.

It was 6-5 under Teague. Which is the equivalent of 12 wins and finishing 9th.

Erm 2? And we bounced back to play in grand finals within three years after both?
Only Collingwood celebrate making grand finals. It’s in your DNA. just happy to be there. Like sos said on footy classified. He could easily make a list to make finals. He wants to make a side that’ll win everything. Coming second will never be remembered apart from sadness by supporters.

Only Collingwood celebrate making grand finals. It’s in your DNA. just happy to be there. Like sos said on footy classified. He could easily make a list to make finals. He wants to make a side that’ll win everything. Coming second will never be remembered apart from sadness by supporters.
“Easily make a list to make finals”. Proceeds to actually make a list to finish 16th or thereabouts.

1 premiership each in the last 25 years. Champion you are. What’s sad is you’re not going to have to look back on a reasonable list over the last 10 for nothing. Wouldn’t surprise me to see Collingwood below carlton in 2020.

Tarkyn_24 I'd take this bet

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is that what was on offer? I could barely understand most of that gibberish. Particularly that third sentence.

Pretend you're in a Baghdad game day thread when talking to him

“Easily make a list to make finals”. Proceeds to actually make a list to finish 16th or thereabouts.
And said list hasn’t finished it’s generation yet, still years to play together and for the magic to happen...I understand this is a bit hard for the toothless to understand though.

Very different story between “wouldn’t surprise me” and “I’ll put my house on it”.

Let's keep it small then

$100 that the blues finish above the pies in 2020. Blues win, I pay. Pies win, you do

Deal?

Let's keep it small then

$100 that the blues finish above the pies in 2020. Blues win, I pay. Pies win, you do

Deal?
Sorry can you please quote that in terms of Visy boxes he’ll have to push?

Dustins car is still in the car park. Hangover coming again I reckon.
Because of all the talent that’s on it.
feel free to read the stark difference between 2019 season prediction thread and 2020. I’d say on average Carlton were predicted in 2019 to be 17/18th. Now they’re being predicted by the majority being between 6th-10th. That sounds like envy to me. Now I’m going to list a group of players below that had great 2019 seasons I’d have previously shown an ability. You don’t have to believe me. I’m not trying to convince you. But. Each abd every one of them would get a game in your side in 2020
weitering
Marchbank
Jones (ironic)
Plowman
Walsh
Cripps
Fisher (actually tried to trade for him and we said go fu** your self)
Setterfield
Betts
Martin* (not here yet but when it happens turned down much more money by the dogs)
McGovern
Casboult (Teague in round 18 called him thx best forward ruck in the game. I’d love to here who others think can Do a better job)
SPS (annihilated the dogs early at Etihad)
McKay
Curnow (8 goals says it all)

im sure I could add more but that would be more bias.
lol_ricky_gervais.gif

Dunno if it’s that bad tbh. McGovern had a poor year, but he was recruited to be a third tall to largely decoy McKay and Curnow and given how poorly we played in the first half, and how little cohesion the forward group had it’s not a surprise there were some teething issues. Plus McGovern was generally unfit, but that issue isn’t difficult to resolve - especially with Andrew Russell on board.
Good luck with that mate. He's a McGovern.

6-5 in 11 games extrapolates to 12-10 in 22 games which would puts carlton = 7th in 2019.

6-5 in 11 games extrapolates to 12-10 in 22 games which would puts carlton = 7th in 2019.
What's next? We only count goals from players kicked on their non-preferred foot into the wind? We can all cherry pick statistics, but Carlton finished bottom three, again. Getting rid of Silvagni is a masterstroke.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back