Nostradamus Lives Stephen SOS Silvagni sacked from Carlton. Tom Browne upgraded to CCC- Junk Bond rating

Remove this Banner Ad

Coz I can’t be ****ed. Could someone please research all the players playing in 2019 finals that SOS drafted. That would be interesting. If it’s 15+ surely everyone in here can shut the heck up right??

What's next? We only count goals from players kicked on their non-preferred foot into the win. We can all cherry pick statistics, but Carlton finished bottom three, again. Getting rid of Silvagni is a masterstroke.
Nope nothing that crazy. Just using past performance to assess how the list that SOS put together performed when a competent coach was in charge.

Because of all the talent that’s on it.
feel free to read the stark difference between 2019 season prediction thread and 2020. I’d say on average Carlton were predicted in 2019 to be 17/18th. Now they’re being predicted by the majority being between 6th-10th. That sounds like envy to me. Now I’m going to list a group of players below that had great 2019 seasons I’d have previously shown an ability. You don’t have to believe me. I’m not trying to convince you. But. Each abd every one of them would get a game in your side in 2020
weitering
Marchbank
Jones (ironic)
Plowman
Walsh
Cripps
Fisher (actually tried to trade for him and we said go fu** your self)
Setterfield
Betts
Martin* (not here yet but when it happens turned down much more money by the dogs)
McGovern
Casboult (Teague in round 18 called him thx best forward ruck in the game. I’d love to here who others think can Do a better job)
SPS (annihilated the dogs early at Etihad)
McKay
Curnow (8 goals says it all)

im sure I could add more but that would be more bias.

Which 7 players would still get a game for us, with those 15 coming in?

So Once we start moving up the ladder and all that hard work done can be gifted to the next group. Why is Carlton such a story to the many that post on the main board. It’s the monogram isn’t it. In its glory. Blues are coming. Your mob should be scared. Watched a Bolton led midfield of fisher SPS cripps and Dow Annihilate your list early in the year. Watched Charlie nearly best your mob the second time single handed. But dogs are top four contenders. Blues not so much. Sos brought all those mentioned players in by smart trading. He’s always going to be known as a superstar blue.
What I was saying is that SOS is not the first person I would get rid of if I was a Carlton Fan however I highly enjoyed your rant. I would ask the Board to walk around the Ikon park boundary in say 5 minutes and anyone who couldn't make it in that time gets the lemon and sarse. That would rule out Mark and Jeanne as well as Luke who wouldn't get there in time as well as Juddy who would be doing his make up and finding out which sponsors shoes to wear.

Carlton are on the up, there is no doubt about it mainly because there is nothing below a third of wins in a season and you have replaced your list with a young team. I also watched Eddie play against the Doggies in Ballarat and he will be a Hodge. Not the great player we remember however handy and with an on field coaching role to the young team. As soon as the board is gone, we will be all in trouble.

What I was saying is that SOS is not the first person I would get rid of if I was a Carlton Fan however I highly enjoyed your rant. I would ask the Board to walk around the Ikon park boundary in say 5 minutes and anyone who couldn't make it in that time gets the lemon and sarse. That would rule out Mark and Jeanne as well as Luke who wouldn't get there in time as well as Juddy who would be doing his make up and finding out which sponsors shoes to wear.

Carlton are on the up, there is no doubt about it mainly because there is nothing below a third of wins in a season and you have replaced your list with a young team. I also watched Eddie play against the Doggies in Ballarat and he will be a Hodge. Not the great player we remember however handy and with an on field coaching role to the young team. As soon as the board is gone, we will be all in trouble.
Very contradictory this is. You like the list. You're posting on a 'I hate sos' thread calling out a new board that is responsible for the new Carlton asking for them to leave just when it's starting to show promise.MLG has been here for this new growth period. liddle Lloyd all two years old. Yes we have some big money players in the back room but none have had an influence on anything since Malthouse which is great. The old Carlton is gone. We may use the Mathieson jet on an Occasion but they have nothing to do with what's happening on field.

However if you want to blame the backroom for previous Carlton years but not giv them credit for what's coming then shame on you

Which 7 players would still get a game for us, with those 15 coming in?
Bontempelli
Macrae
Hunter
Dunkley
Naughton (maybe , however telented, he's fighting With cur now who I rate higher, just)
Smith
JJ

I'm not saying all 15 would play for dogs in the same side but I'm saying if I had the choice between the dogs equivalent and the Carlton one Id take the blue option. If both sides merged tomorrow more Carlton players would make best 22 than dog players. Imo
Don't rate the backline going forward, keath is coming back from injury and hasn't shown enough I don't rate Bruce in front of what we have coming through but he could have a strong season for dogs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pass mark maybe. This will be the best Carlton season in over 5 years therefore it gets more than a pass
TBH......It's obvious that Carlspoon should improve, if it happens then good on em! But the reality is that they are coming from a pretty low base, and after having the choice of the best picks in the draft over the 5 years one would think that 'improve' is the least they should be aiming for. My problem with them though is that there are still some substantial holes in the list that haven't been addressed......now who's fault could that be?

Because of all the talent that’s on it.
feel free to read the stark difference between 2019 season prediction thread and 2020. I’d say on average Carlton were predicted in 2019 to be 17/18th. Now they’re being predicted by the majority being between 6th-10th. That sounds like envy to me. Now I’m going to list a group of players below that had great 2019 seasons I’d have previously shown an ability. You don’t have to believe me. I’m not trying to convince you. But. Each abd every one of them would get a game in your side in 2020
weitering
Marchbank
Jones (ironic)
Plowman
Walsh
Cripps
Fisher (actually tried to trade for him and we said go fu** your self)
Setterfield
Betts
Martin* (not here yet but when it happens turned down much more money by the dogs)
McGovern
Casboult (Teague in round 18 called him thx best forward ruck in the game. I’d love to here who others think can Do a better job)
SPS (annihilated the dogs early at Etihad)
McKay
Curnow (8 goals says it all)

im sure I could add more but that would be more bias.
Sorry to break it to you but that's the sh!te McGovern.

Bontempelli
Macrae
Hunter
Dunkley
Naughton (maybe , however telented, he's fighting With cur now who I rate higher, just)
Smith
JJ

I'm not saying all 15 would play for dogs in the same side but I'm saying if I had the choice between the dogs equivalent and the Carlton one Id take the blue option. If both sides merged tomorrow more Carlton players would make best 22 than dog players. Imo
Don't rate the backline going forward, keath is coming back from injury and hasn't shown enough I don't rate Bruce in front of what we have coming through but he could have a strong season for dogs.

Are you sure you want to include Bailey Smith in there? Your list of Carlton players did include Will Setterfield and Zac Fisher who play similar roles.

I hadn’t realised it before you pointed it out, but if a player like Aaron Naughton arguably might be biding his time at the Northern Blues next to Tim English, Josh Bruce and Alex Keath it speaks volumes about Carlton’s KPP talent. I had previously thought maybe one of those four would get a game over Mitch McGovern or Levi Casboult, but I didn’t know David Teague had said Casboult is the best forward/ruck in the game.

Thanks for clarifying. With all of that laid out for me I’m strongly considering swapping the Bulldogs and Blues in my predictions for 2020.

This is an odd thread. Rumblings SOS was gonna leave since June and Caro reported nearly a month ago that the wheels are turning on this. This is catch up to the crowd, with a twist and pike that’s it's now a sacking.

The carrying on like SOS’ has been bad for Carlton is something else. It’s a head shaker that people expect a list rebuild totally focused on youth should be yielding significant onfield results after 4 drafts. At first it seemed like just a bit of mindless banter, but reading on, some posters appear to actually believe this is the case. Wow!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back