2nd Test; Australia v Pakistan @ Adelaide Over (D/N) November 29-December 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Paine seriously gets a game for being a good bloke he can’t bat his captaincy ain’t much chop field positioning and drs is terrible

I'll keep repeating this - the criticism's of his batting are ridiculous. At the same time as acknowledging that Gilchrist was a freak, we keep wanting everyone to meet his standards as a batsman. Paine is only just behind Haddin as the 2nd best average for an Australian keeper, and is an infinitely better gloveman.

And if you want to measure him as a player by his use of DRS? I dunno what to tell you man.

For the most part wins in test matches come along every other test match. HO f***ing hum.

World records come along about once every 20 years. I know which one I'm more interested in seeing.

We actually have a world test championship now, so each test match does count.

In saying that giving him the chance to get the world record I doubt would of really made a difference to the end result.

It's common knowledge Bradman was a bit aloof but I'd say Chappell resented him more for his unwillingness to back players on the money side of things back in the day.

Whether Bradman not being a blokey/matey cricketer is a bad thing I dunno though haha might be a tick for his personality.
Bit more stuff around than just that

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Great day for Australian cricket.
How good of a job has Paine done given the circumstances he was given.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All things considered,Paine is almost the best captain we have ever had,remarkable performance.
Border would be ahead,but the future is a funny thing.
It's an interesting conversation.

Personally I don't rate Waugh or Ponting who were gifted champion teams.

Clarke tactically was the best captain on field we had since Taylor.

Smith was average too.

Paine is average as a captain but seems to have the group playing well together after a tough time so you have to give him that.

It's an interesting conversation.

Personally I don't rate Waugh or Ponting who were gifted champion teams.

Clarke tactically was the best captain on field we had since Taylor.

Smith was average too.

Paine is average as a captain but seems to have the group playing well together after a tough time so you have to give him that.
Paine inherited a group as low as you can go.
What he has done is remarkable.

Like you said,it's an interesting conversation.
Paines captaincy and record is remarkable

Remove this Banner Ad

Back