Votes: 83 74.1%
  • No ... it’ll be too difficult

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Maybe ... depends on injuries to our KPD

Votes: 24 21.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we dont it won't be because we don't have Rance.

Get a Pre season and some connection into our best 22 and they would have kicked the arse of the tigers side that won by 89 points in GF day.

how does that logic work?

not having the GOAT is worse than having the goat
Logic works because we won one without him. Meaning it can be done sans Rance, therefore, if we don't it's not because we don't have him.

Of course not having him is worse. Silly comment. We will miss him on and off the field, but we are good enough.

My only worry is that it only takes one injury to Grimes and we're f’ed.

Vlastuin the only other player who could possibly play that role, but he is very undersized

That is why I hope the coaches lock in balta and just pump games into him next year. Alex when he started was an athletic beast but his disposal and footy IQ early days was poor......look how he ended up with the right development.

Balta also is an athletic monster, he may not have the massive body but neither did Fletcher. He has size, agility, speed and that booming kick. Development is key with him but I have high hopes that maybe now he will get a defined position in the side

We went pretty well this year without Rance. Importantly Grimes took his game to another level where I would go as far to say he was almost as good as Rance. Astbury also stepped up. Our defence was still one of the strongest in 2019.

However, a long term injury to either Grimes and Astbury could make our defence very average. Even if that happens we may be okay though due to how our side seems to play as a whole system rather than segregated to different portions such as forward, midfield and defence.

Last edited:
That is why I hope the coaches lock in balta and just pump games into him next year. Alex when he started was an athletic beast but his disposal and footy IQ early days was poor......look how he ended up with the right development.

Balta also is an athletic monster, he may not have the massive body but neither did Fletcher. He has size, agility, speed and that booming kick. Development is key with him but I have high hopes that maybe now he will get a defined position in the side
Yep just play him, and in one spot. They can't keep throwing him around. They even do it in the reserves. Need to fast track his development as a defender.

We went pretty well this year without Rance. Importantly Grimes took his game to another level where I would go as far to say he was almost as good as Rance. Astbury also stepped up. Our defence was still one of the strongest in 2019.

However, a long term injury to either Grimes and Astbury could make our defence very average. Even if that happens we may be okay though due to how our side seems to play as a because as a whole rather than segregated to different portions such as forward, midfield and defence.
Kmac is good defensive depth I reckon. He's 191 so slightly short. Garth was forced to play AFL not 100% fit. He was on a hiding to nothing. If he (or Balta) could play in a more settled defense (i.e. just one injury) they would thrive.

Back