2020 HFC Pre Season Training

Remove this Banner Ad

We may decide not to risk him this year. The replacement acl takes time to build strength and it takes time to fully recondition the knee. Taking more time lowers the chance of a repeat.

It was interesting in our injury report on the club report on recovering players that we said, “the thing with Impey is we have a lot of time”, which I thought was an interesting comment. Seems to be implying that the emphasis is the best recovery not getting him up and ready as quickly as possible. Whether that means second half of the season or the following year or not, but trust we are thinking of both recovery and then getting him back to where he was before injury as best we can.

It was interesting in our injury report on the club report on recovering players that we said, “the thing with Impey is we have a lot of time”, which I thought was an interesting comment. Seems to be implying that the emphasis is the best recovery not getting him up and ready as quickly as possible. Whether that means second half of the season or the following year or not, but trust we are thinking of both recovery and then getting him back to where he was before injury as best we can.
when you consider that the club gave Impey a contract until the end of 2023 after this injury, you can see why they need him 100% right rather than back on the field as quick as possible.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I feel like I’m reading about ~18 months for an ACL recovery being the most ideal a lot recently. Not sure if it’s a new revelation in the sports injury sector or if it’s just the same reference being spun in multiple articles. Maybe both.

But if this is the new norm for getting the best long term result from ACL recoveries then we might have to prepare ourselves to not see Impey playing in 2020.

Defence was a strength past year. But somehow defenders had their worse season?

Who has actually said that?

Stratton definitely had a very poor season, there's no denying that.

But Frawley had one of his best. Scrimshaw was very impressive when he played. Impey was great up until his injury. Hardwick was solid as ever IMO. Sicily was in AA contention (and should have been two years in a row). Burgoyne was mostly ageless.

Who has actually said that?

Stratton definitely had a very poor season, there's no denying that.

But Frawley had one of his best. Scrimshaw was very impressive when he played. Impey was great up until his injury. Hardwick was solid as ever IMO. Sicily was in AA contention (and should have been two years in a row). Burgoyne was mostly ageless.

was hodge strattons age now when he had his &worstyear&?. I reckon Thea lot of people were influenced by the pinch stuff. He’s still quality

I feel like I’m reading about ~18 months for an ACL recovery being the most ideal a lot recently. Not sure if it’s a new revelation in the sports injury sector or if it’s just the same reference being spun in multiple articles. Maybe both.

But if this is the new norm for getting the best long term result from ACL recoveries then we might have to prepare ourselves to not see Impey playing in 2020.

You’ve probably read a lot of my posts then. I’ve been trying to prepare a lot around here for exactly that (no Impey 2020). The reality is yes he could probably feature but by rushing him back before this new researched timeframe (18+ months) then the chances of re-injury or doing the other ACL increases. The last thing we’d want is a 1.5 year long absence turn into a 2.5 year absence like what has happened with Patton. We all desperately want to see him back ASAP but not if this new research is proving to be true.

As the boys are away until mid jan he really only misses about 2 weeks of training, so perfect timing to sort out his issues

The enforced rest might also be good for his ITBS too. But yes if a 6 week injury was going to occur then this the perfect time for it to happen. No harm no foul IMO.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back