Unofficial Preview 2023 HFC Jumper numbers

Remove this Banner Ad

Unbelievable how people are suggesting that Newcombe move from 44. As much as I think 3 suits him and lethal would love it, we need to honour the rat and make his number a new tradition like 3,5,23,17, 19 and 26 have been. I think 33 will fit in that group 15 years from now too.

What's even more crazy are people listening players next to 36. Absolutely no reason let give that number to anyone.
You don’t know my power. You could chuck anyone in that number now. It’s dejinxed forever

Great to see Lethal back at the club. We've missed him.

I thought so too. I’m 28 and you hear all this talk of Lethal but in my time alive his correspondence with the club has always seemed pretty minimal.

Loving the initiative of getting so many past players involved in the process too. I think you see a lot of clubs get lazy on the past players front, it must be such a good feeling being invited back for some of these people (not just the out and out superstars)

I thought so too. I’m 28 and you hear all this talk of Lethal but in my time alive his correspondence with the club has always seemed pretty minimal.

Loving the initiative of getting so many past players involved in the process too. I think you see a lot of clubs get lazy on the past players front, it must be such a good feeling being invited back for some of these people (not just the out and out superstars)
Even though he's been estranged from the club for a long time, he's one of the biggest parts of our fabric. If not the biggest.

Even though he's been estranged from the club for a long time, he's one of the biggest parts of our fabric. If not the biggest.
Mate and I met him and Mick Nolan at a Lions training session at in Brisbane in the early 2000's. I asked him if he would ever go back to Hawthorn in which he said that he said that he couldn't see it happening. But he did say that he would barrack for Hawthorn if they weren't playing the Lions. Seems to have mellowed in his older age, great to see his face back club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back