Unofficial Preview 2023 HFC Jumper numbers

Remove this Banner Ad

Not to forget he was captain during those years

I still rank Dipper then burgoyne then crawford
I'll must throw in another Hawthorn great who worn number 9. Brendan Edwards was a brilliantly talented midfielder I was lucky enough to see play. He boasted elite fitness and pioneered the circuit training model that helped drive the club towards its inaugural premiership in 1961. Brendan was clearly the best player on the ground amassing over 30 disposals. He was selected as a wingman for Hawthorn's Team of the Century. Sadly Brendan was restricted to 109 games from 1956 to 1963 due to a knee injury.
Another Hawthorn great wore number 23 prior to Don Scott. John Peck was 16 years old when he played the first of his 213 games. He kicked 475 goals, was the club's leading goalkicker on 8 occasions and won 3 Coleman Medals.
A rhetorical question, who will have a breakout year and join Jack Cunningham [1961], Alan Goad [1976], Jason Dunstall [1986 1988, 1989 and 1991] and Jack Gunston [2013, 2014 and 2015] as a premiership player wearing number 19 in 2024 and beyond?

I'll must throw in another Hawthorn great who worn number 9. Brendan Edwards was a brilliantly talented midfielder I was lucky enough to see play. He boasted elite fitness and pioneered the circuit training model that helped drive the club towards its inaugural premiership in 1961. Brendan was clearly the best player on the ground amassing over 30 disposals. He was selected as a wingman for Hawthorn's Team of the Century. Sadly Brendan was restricted to 109 games from 1956 to 1963 due to a knee injury.
Another Hawthorn great wore number 23 prior to Don Scott. John Peck was 16 years old when he played the first of his 213 games. He kicked 475 goals, was the club's leading goalkicker on 8 occasions and won 3 Coleman Medals.
A rhetorical question, who will have a breakout year and join Jack Cunningham [1961], Alan Goad [1976], Jason Dunstall [1986 1988, 1989 and 1991] and Jack Gunston [2013, 2014 and 2015] as a premiership player wearing number 19 in 2024 and beyond?
Good to see Brendan Edwards mentioned. I also saw him on many occasions and agree he was a pioneer in fitness training in the VFL and the Golden Bowl gym. He was also quite the chick magnet in his playing days and beyond.

Good to see Brendan Edwards mentioned. I also saw him on many occasions and agree he was a pioneer in fitness training in the VFL and the Golden Bowl gym. He was also quite the chick magnet in his playing days and beyond.

I am sure his ex-father-in-law who financed the Golden Bowl gym would agree;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back