2020 HFC Pre Season Training

Remove this Banner Ad

T Mitchell will be on SEN this morning.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

any danger of a training report?
Have you seen what it's like outside in Melbourne so far this week?
Given the hazardous air quality, I'd say yes, there is some danger of a training report.

As much as I'd love an update, I'd rather FourP/Axe/Mr P etc not get respiratory issues!

I watched him closely at the training camp at Maroochydore. In the match sims he was running well, sprinting and running In arcs and his kicking look fine too. He didnt look impeded in any way. Long way from an AFL match but if he was being managed, It didn't show.

This is really awesome to hear. If he had any pain whatsoever then you would've seen it on his face. The big test IMO will be the mental side of things. Hopefully after he gets tackled really hard and to a degree smashed into that he realises mentally that he's good to go again. I'm not going to pretend how quickly something like that would take because I've never suffered an injury to that degree so only time will tell.

We play in Perth in round 2. It'll be 30 degrees and rock hard, do you take both Patton and Mitchell considering how early that is in their comebacks?

I can't recall any players who have had badly broken legs not have issues the first season back. I would think Titch will have soreness for some time and suspect he will miss games due to it. I highly doubt he will slot straight back in and play every week.

The positive is we have played a season already without him so whenever he plays will be a massive bonus.

We play in Perth in round 2. It'll be 30 degrees and rock hard, do you take both Patton and Mitchell considering how early that is in their comebacks?

It's not overly early in Patton's comeback. He last played in Round 15 2018.

This is really awesome to hear. If he had any pain whatsoever then you would've seen it on his face. The big test IMO will be the mental side of things. Hopefully after he gets tackled really hard and to a degree smashed into that he realises mentally that he's good to go again. I'm not going to pretend how quickly something like that would take because I've never suffered an injury to that degree so only time will tell.

He has been struggling more with the soreness at the end of sessions, or post the sessions. I imagine that is normal though.

Paul George recovered from a bad break to be back playing NBA in 8 months, I'll be very disappointed if our medical team doesn't have him raring to go for Round 1 which will be 14.5 months after the injury.
NBA maximum of about 30 minutes on court a game, no one tackling you/sliding into your legs/falling on you, barely any full sprinting and landing on a surface that doesn't shift like grass... fair bit of difference to account for that would allow you to get back earlier.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back