Scott Morrison - How Long? Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
The climate has been changing constantly throughout human existence and before this. However, it isn’t about climate change really. It is really about your hate of capitalism and a free society.
Yes the climate chages constantly - over tens of thousands of years.

Thats what you dont get.

You pillock

It was pointing out that you and your mates carried on like 2year olds whose dummy fell out over a carbon tax but gobble choongs over this.
You need to open your eyes. It’s obvious that gas and petroleum companies have found a way around the PRRT. That tax peaked at $2.4b in 2001 and has now or very soon would’ve dropped to $1.4b annually.
A carbon tax is industry destroying. But that is what you greenie looneys want.

You need to open your eyes. It’s obvious that gas and petroleum companies have found a way around the PRRT. That tax peaked at $2.4b in 2001 and has now or very soon would’ve dropped to $1.4b annually.
So just as i thought

Gobble gobble gobble mrrrrrummmphhhhh mrrrrrrrrrrummmmmphhhhh

The carbon tax would now be making aussie farmers shedloads of coin as they can do it cheaper than europeans whilst using salt blighted land.

Now you’re exaggerating. Fires, floods, droughts, etc nothing has changed. A 1 degree change since 1880. Tell your story walking pal.
You do realise these fires weve had since september last year are the largest recorded fires in human history.

You do realise these fires weve had since september last year are the largest recorded fires in human history.
Absolute tosh. Not even the biggest in Australian modern history. The 1974 fires burnt 117 million hectares (compares to 10 million hectares in 2020) whole the 2009 black Saturday fires caused by far the greater loss of property and lives.

Last edited:
thousands of jobs and adani dont go in the same sentence.

there will be a few jobs in the build phase but they have publicly announced it will be automated from pit to ship

<<<Adani comes up with different jobs figures depending on who it is talking to:

• Adani promised politicians 10,000 jobs;
  • Adani told investors the whole project would be automated from mine to port (meaning robot-driven trucks to reduce on labour costs—i.e.; jobs);
  • in court, Adani was forced to admit it would create just 1,464 new job—direct and indirect jobs—for the mine and railway, because it would negatively impact other industries.>>>

Canavan is no dill, it'll be way, way wider than Adani.

The climate has been changing constantly throughout human existence and before this. However, it isn’t about climate change really. It is really about your hate of capitalism and a free society.

So maybe Kranky Al does hate capitalism and a free society. Let's say that is true.

What about Elon Musk? He has been speaking out about climate change for years.

Does he also hate capitalism and free
There were fires in the early part of the 20th century that burnt out twice as much land.

Could you tell me how many fire fighters there were in the early 20th century?

How did they coordinate their efforts?

What was their technology like?

Where were the fires then? How many people lived in the area?

I know you appear to not like scientists but the overwhelming majority believe that these fires are more intense and occurring in bigger concentrations than ever before. What qualifications do you have to dispute that?

So maybe Kranky Al does hate capitalism and a free society. Let's say that is true.

What about Elon Musk? He has been speaking out about climate change for years.

Does he also hate capitalism and free

Could you tell me how many fire fighters there were in the early 20th century?

How did they coordinate their efforts?

What was their technology like?

Where were the fires then? How many people lived in the area?

I know you appear to not like scientists but the overwhelming majority believe that these fires are more intense and occurring in bigger concentrations than ever before. What qualifications do you have to dispute that?
With all of these modern resources in the end it took rain to put out these fires. What do you say about the 1974 fires that burnt out 10x the area and occurred during a year of lower than average rainfall and temperatures?

But is he responsible for these "fire busting rains" in the same way he was responsible for the fires? Where's Adam Bandt damn it!

Wowee, oh boy. We found one that doesn't understand the difference between extreme bushfires and rain :D

With all of these modern resources in the end it took rain to put out these fires. What do you say about the 1974 fires that burnt out 10x the area and occurred during a year of lower than average rainfall and temperatures?

The total area burned across NSW, Victoria, Queensland, South Australia, Western Australia and Tasmania has now reached 8.4m hectares – an area larger than Scotland.

3.54m hectares burned in the widespread grassfires of 1974–75.

Edit: this post is incorrect.

thetotal burned in the ‘74 fires was more.

Last edited:
Wowee, oh boy. We found one that doesn't understand the difference between extreme bushfires and rain :D
The bushfires were caused by climate change and the rain that put them out is awkward?
3.54m hectares burned in the widespread grassfires of 1974–75.

Ever get tired of being wrong.
You didn't read that Guardian article properly did you? 117m hectares were burnt in 1974. 15% of Australia. That 3.54ha you are desperate to cling to was just in NSW. I accept your apology.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back