2020 HFC Pre Season Training

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone know how Lewis went? Barely got a mention.
Played the first half for the 2’s team, probably only had 5 inside 50’s for the half so really didn’t have much of a chance, took a good grab second half when he swapped teams, and kicked a goal. Looks noticeably slimmer than last year. Might just be the difference between tv and real life, but definitely looked slimmer/smaller

Played the first half for the 2’s team, probably only had 5 inside 50’s for the half so really didn’t have much of a chance, took a good grab second half when he swapped teams, and kicked a goal. Looks noticeably slimmer than last year. Might just be the difference between tv and real life, but definitely looked slimmer/smaller

Sounds like the shoulder op over the summer went well was the mark over head.

Mitch got abit of it but wasn’t overly effective, read the tap pretty well and got some very nice clearances. Still looked a little tentative which is to be expected. It’s gonna take him awhile to get back into the swing of things I think. Kosi looked really solid before going down. Cj spoiled everything but his disposal is still heart in mouth stuff, had some poor turnovers but obviously the conditions weren’t conducive to great skills. Will day was involved in everything, looked bigger than I was expecting aswell. Don’t think he’ll play early but we’ve definitely got a good one with him. The twos team was destroyed so was hard for the younger guys to shine. Hartley was solid. Was impressed by greaves, got abit of it, used it fairly well. Scully worked hard forward and got on the end of a few. Most of the senior players played well without absolutely dominating. The tall forwards actually had more of an impact than the smalls which was surprising with the weather. Golds and Ross are smart players, seem to make the right decisions more often then not, but there team was smashed so they weren’t involved in a heap of play. Walker started very well then faded. Reeves is miles off, don’t think he’d even be that good at vfl level. Good to see moore out there in the second half and pepper got a run after half time too

Thanks for the updates Davo :thumbsu:
So Worpel was equal to Mitchell or better?? I'm sorry but this time of year the desperation in me is silly... You mentioned him before mitchell so i ASSUME that means better. :grinning:

Just get the feeling that Worps is going to go BIG this year and wanted...no NEEDED some confirmation.
PS rapt to hear Walker looked good too!!

Its hard to seperate the best players as the conditions were ordinary, it was hard to make out who players were at times with different colours on ect

I wasnt in scout mode, i was just casually watching the game and these were things i noticed.

Pretty much everything's been said but I'll add -

Patton was the dominant forward and was dominant. Was the focal point and distributed cleverly as well as taking his shots. Conditions couldn't have been worse for him but he was great.

Wingard only played the first half, did a warm down session at half time.

Kosi was injured in a tangle with Matt Walker.

I thought Jeka was impressive in the amount of contests he got to, but he didn't really win any. He's very slim in the upper body.

Scrimshaw, Moore, O'Meara, Gunston, Morris and Impey didn't play.

Best I've seen Morrison play for ages.

Lewis had next to no chance while playing for Blue, but looked dangerous in the 2nd half for Orange, kicking a couple. You could see how Patton will benefit him. Patton works hard to block and hold back bodies in a pack to allow another tall to fly.

TOM worked into the game. Crowd was disappointingly quiet when he got his first kick - I was the lone cheer in my area. In fact no one clapped goals or anything, it was weird.

Ceglar was excellent.

TOB struggled with the wet ball.

Sicily imperious. Smith with Shiels close to BOG as the best 4 qtr players. Worpel of course.

Mitch got abit of it but wasn’t overly effective, read the tap pretty well and got some very nice clearances. Still looked a little tentative which is to be expected. It’s gonna take him awhile to get back into the swing of things I think. Kosi looked really solid before going down. Cj spoiled everything but his disposal is still heart in mouth stuff, had some poor turnovers but obviously the conditions weren’t conducive to great skills. Will day was involved in everything, looked bigger than I was expecting aswell. Don’t think he’ll play early but we’ve definitely got a good one with him. The twos team was destroyed so was hard for the younger guys to shine. Hartley was solid. Was impressed by greaves, got abit of it, used it fairly well. Scully worked hard forward and got on the end of a few. Most of the senior players played well without absolutely dominating. The tall forwards actually had more of an impact than the smalls which was surprising with the weather. Golds and Ross are smart players, seem to make the right decisions more often then not, but there team was smashed so they weren’t involved in a heap of play. Walker started very well then faded. Reeves is miles off, don’t think he’d even be that good at vfl level. Good to see moore out there in the second half and pepper got a run after half time too
Nah wasn't Dylan Moore.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty much everything's been said but I'll add -

Patton was the dominant forward and was dominant. Was the focal point and distributed cleverly as well as taking his shots. Conditions couldn't have been worse for him but he was great.

Wingard only played the first half, did a warm down session at half time.

Kosi was injured in a tangle with Matt Walker.

I thought Jeka was impressive in the amount of contests he got to, but he didn't really win any. He's very slim in the upper body.

Scrimshaw, Moore, O'Meara, Gunston, Morris and Impey didn't play.

Best I've seen Morrison play for ages.

Lewis had next to no chance while playing for Blue, but looked dangerous in the 2nd half for Orange, kicking a couple. You could see how Patton will benefit him. Patton works hard to block and hold back bodies in a pack to allow another tall to fly.

TOM worked into the game. Crowd was disappointingly quiet when he got his first kick - I was the lone cheer in my area. In fact no one clapped goals or anything, it was weird.

Ceglar was excellent.

TOB struggled with the wet ball.

Sicily imperious. Smith with Shiels close to BOG as the best 4 qtr players. Worpel of course.

How long is Dylan Moore out with injury? Who of the injured players will play against St Kilda next week?

Probably already up, but...

https://www.hawthornfc.com.au/news/563842/intraclub-match-report-who-performed-

Hawthorn has completed a successful intraclub hit-out despite wet conditions at Waverley Park, with Tom Mitchell firing in his first public match play in over 12 months.
Mitchell proved he hasn’t lost his knack for hunting the football, amassing 21 disposals in three quarters of football – including six inside a minute.
“I thought Tom went really well,” said GM-Football Graham Wright.
“He found the ball, which we know he does.
“He was involved in a lot of tackling and general contested situations, which he needs to get more and more of, and games are the best way to do that.
“He played two quarters in the ‘possibles’ and one in the ‘probables’, and I thought it was a solid performance.”
Indeed, the Hawks were separated into two teams labelled the ‘possibles’ and ‘probables’, but GM-Football Graham Wright says the sides were no indication of what the Hawks’ Round 1 line-up may look like.
“It was a more experienced group against a younger group, though the young group did have a few experienced guys like Tom, Michael Hartley and Andy Otten (Box Hill).
“I guess the guys in the ‘probables’ team were the ones who had performed best over the summer to this stage, so we wanted to get them playing together and see how they went.”
While there was plenty to digest in the intraclub hit-out, here are a couple of key takeaways; Chad Wingard was eye-catching in the first half while running through the midfield. James Sicily played his usual impenetrable defensive game. Jonathon Patton booted three goals three in his new colours. Tom Scully caused damage with his foot speed. Mitch Lewis was strong overhead and booted two goals in the second half.
“Overrall, the game was a good standard,” Wright reflected.
“I thought Isaac Smith, Jon Ceglar, Jon Patton all played well.
“James Sicily, James Worpel, Harry Morrison and Sam Frost did some really nice things. Shaun Burgoyne keeps on keeping on.
“I thought overall we got a lot out of it for a lot of our players.”
Jacob Koschitzke was the hard luck story of the night, with the young forward leaving the ground early in the third term with a shoulder injury. An update will be provided following the results of scans.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back