• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is part 2 of this thread.

PART 3 IS HERE --- >
Go there for your Pangolin-rich experience /\

Fine it ffs or send it back

Providing she's 18+ she needs to send me some n00dz, then all will be forgiven:thumbsu:

Serious note: I get the feeling this story was invented so they could show pics of a hot girl. No evidence, just a feeling.

Providing she's 18+ she needs to send me some n00dz, then all will be forgiven:thumbsu:

Serious note: I get the feeling this story was invented so they could show pics of a hot girl. No evidence, just a feeling.
If she tells the cops she's Gil's au pair she'll be fine.

Nah Mof the hospitals are reporting people as COVID-19 cases to get the extra government payments, usually they're taking people who would have died from pneumonia anyway and just whacking them on a ventilator to get the cash and then calling it COVID related to pad the stats.

unfortunately this seems to be true

Only if you look at it from a long enough time frame can you make sensible assessment
Everything we have done is WRONG
hqdefault.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes, they are mentioned in the documents, there is also an unconfirmed cases from mid-late November, which is possible. I was interested in confirming the date they knew it was 'SARS like' and when they had sequenced it to know it was definitely a new Covid virus. With the clinical evidence from the doctors of an unusual pneumonia, along with it's identification as SARS like, the ideal response would have been if they had pushed the big red button early in January. But they didn't and the world still suffers. I have this horrible feeling the global death toll is going to over a million.

Mind you everything looks easy in hindsight with the benefit of the retrospectoscope, however sometimes in life you really do need to move quickly. Fortunately our polies did although it was also our good fortune to be behind on the curve.

I'm always interested episodes where someone did or didn't push the big red button - The Eschede high speed train derailment in Germany is an example where if only they did. Would have had to break companies rules, too. See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eschede_derailment It's also a salutary lesson of poor engineering.

Was watching a you tube vid which explained that initially the Doctors were confused due to it not being as lethal as SARS, more just like a regular flu and the incubation period being so long. So that didn't help

Then of course you had the local officials in Wuhan being political and trying to solve/deny the issue in house initially a bit like what happened in Chernobyl.

Mind you, similar inertia in the West also occurred politically with it being pretty obvious that the virus was very contagious given the widespread media coverage of the Wuhan lockdown in late January yet it really took till Mid March before the world reacted inclusive of Australia aside from some of the Asian Nations like Vietnam, Singapore and Taiwan

Well the US death toll has eclipsed the past few years Flu death tolls, and is catching the one 'suspected' death toll that is higher:

I wonder if any of the "just the flu" crew will finally admit their mistake?
No Mof, they’ll be doubling down as always

Was watching a you tube vid which explained that initially the Doctors were confused due to it not being as lethal as SARS, more just like a regular flu and the incubation period being so long. So that didn't help

Then of course you had the local officials in Wuhan being political and trying to solve/deny the issue in house initially a bit like what happened in Chernobyl.

Mind you, similar inertia in the West also occurred politically with it being pretty obvious that the virus was very contagious given the widespread media coverage of the Wuhan lockdown in late January yet it really took till Mid March before the world reacted inclusive of Australia aside from some of the Asian Nations like Vietnam, Singapore and Taiwan
I agree about the local authorities in Wuhan. Also agree re inertia, it doesn't matter what system you have, it's always a risk. Denial and prevent panic seems to be the first response of authorities. I think once deaths started in Feb and spread went gangbusters in March then it SHOULD have been pretty easy for countries to take appropriate measures. It's damning on those that didn't.

Ha Ha! COVIDTrace does not work properly on iPhones

Despite the latest comments from the government, several app developers on Twitter have claimed it's not possible for the COVIDSafe iPhone app to keep sending and receiving Bluetooth data while the phone was locked, and the service was unlikely to work "in the background" until an update was pushed out from Apple next month.
Brisbane-based app developer Matthew Robbins said he wasn't completely sure whether the iPhone app can run while the phone was locked, but was certain it would stop working if users opened and used a number of other apps.

Brisbane-based app developer Matthew Robbins said he wasn't completely sure whether the iPhone app can run while the phone was locked, but was certain it would stop working if users opened and used a number of other apps.
Should have won mark of the year

A major economic downturn, like the one we now face, devastates the lives of ordinary people. We lose our jobs, our homes and our futures. Yet, statistically, the recessions that shatter our dreams also improve health and increase longevity.

Yep, grim choices indeed. It’s at times like these that governments get to earn their keep.

Unless a vaccine turns up then how is Australia and NZ going to avoid the numbers that have occurred elsewhere?

Meanwhile places like London, Stockholm and NY will likely have 30%+ of their population with some sort of immunity within the next month or so.
Keeping immigrants and tourists out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back