Scandal Dani Laidley Arrested - Leave the Tasteless Jokes at the Door When Entering

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not sure what "the full force of the law" means but would his very public humiliation not be taken into account by a judge?

I'd assume it would reduce any potential sentence considerably.
No not at all. Offending history, nature of offending, magistrate interpretation of legislation and deterrence are some factors in sentencing. Public humiliation is ever considered. Given he has been charged with major indictable it is highly he could be spending some time behind bars. I believe the major indictable are likely drug trafficking as stalking is not considered majority indictable and can be dealt by magistrates. Where drug trafficking is sentenced by judge.

No not at all. Offending history, nature of offending, magistrate interpretation of legislation and deterrence are some factors in sentencing. Public humiliation is ever considered. Given he has been charged with major indictable it is highly he could be spending some time behind bars. I believe the major indictable are likely drug trafficking as stalking is not considered majority indictable and can be dealt by magistrates. Where drug trafficking is sentenced by judge.
How does a guy with 7 years of AFL Coaching wage get so low that he has to resort to drug trafficking? Similar accusations were thrown at Bomber Thompson. They both would have earned millions in the AFL.

How does a guy with 7 years of AFL Coaching wage get so low that he has to resort to drug trafficking? Similar accusations were thrown at Bomber Thompson. They both would have earned millions in the AFL.
There's a lot of dudes that are good at footy, but not at life.

It could actually have the opposite effect. Being gay is utterly vanilla these days. Coming out now would be a yawn fest. 30 years ago people were still arguing about whether to put the jam or cream first on their scones - coming out then was a bombshell by comparison.

To be honest, the idea that there is a significant portion of society with a problem with gays is fading fast. Way faster than this nation's slow moving activists or journalists would have you believe.

(Its jam first and then cream by the way, anything else is barbarism at its worst.)

I was only 9 at the time in 1990 but I don’t recall such scone debates at the time.

Mental health issues, undisclosed trauma and substance abuse/addiction doesn't give a heck how much you earn I reckon..

No not at all. Offending history, nature of offending, magistrate interpretation of legislation and deterrence are some factors in sentencing. Public humiliation is ever considered.
False. Mitigating factors are always taken into account when sentencing... "Damage to reputation" is often mentioned as one factor, and clearly Laidley's reputation is cooked now- just look at this thread. By page 2 he'd been pronounced guilty of crimes against humanity.

And have any drug trafficking charges been confirmed?

International media dont seem to be bound by the same gag orders as domestic media.
What do you know. Tell me everything and provide evidence.

I was only 9 at the time in 1990 but I don’t recall such scone debates at the time.

Scone debates of the past inspired Lucas when writing about the Clone Wars. There’s religious ideology in there too, but ultimately it’s all about scones. The Sith are the cream first brigade, Jedi = jam.

False. Mitigating factors are always taken into account when sentencing... "Damage to reputation" is often mentioned as one factor, and clearly Laidley's reputation is cooked now- just look at this thread. By page 2 he'd been pronounced guilty of crimes against humanity.

Daily Mail UK reported Sunday more details than still released in Australia.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Discussions about a movie too. Dennis Hopper in line to play Laidley, CGI similar to Jabba the Hut for Hutchy, Eddie Redmayne or Christian Bale for Num-nuts Nixon. Hanks and Streep to cameo as unnamed Footy Classified panellists, Wayne Newman to recreate his Basic Instinct role as a cop, two senior Constables to be portrayed by Jim Carrey and Jeff Daniels...

The Police have no power to deny bail, only oppose it in a court of law, which is often ignored unfortunately.

So...
You just wrote what I said... I have to deal with the cops regularly with my job including many people like Dean.

I beg to differ I never see it in any sentence remarks throughout my work. It has been confirmed he has been charged with a major indictable offence. Having a drug addiction means you need to support your addiction somehow. Specific charge has not been announced but it’s not hard to put one and two together.

Scone debates of the past inspired Lucas when writing about the Clone Wars. There’s religious ideology in there too, but ultimately it’s all about scones. The Sith are the cream first brigade, Jedi = jam.

Supreme Leader Scone

The reporting on the Dean Laidley arrest has been been woeful, even by the AFL media's usual woeful standards.

Despite what you might read in article after article bemoaning how hard life is for ex-AFL coaches, he isn't the victim. He has been charged with various serious offences.

Someone else is the victim.
Whilst I partially agree, he's also a victim here too. The leaked photos were not on.

Suspended with pay?

That cop should be sacked. Must be sacked.

Presumably there's a basis for a nice lawsuit, so I hope they go for it.

And the government wants us to trust them. FFS.

I was being pressured to suspend a worker a few months ago. My internet research failed to uncover anyone suggesting that there’s any other way to approach suspension these days. Cop blew high range a week or so ago in the NT. You’d think a license a requirement of the job and DUI is pretty cut and dried. Suspended with pay.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back