Votes: 67 57.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is part 2 of this thread.

PART 3 IS HERE --- >
Go there for your Pangolin-rich experience /\

So are you suggesting the Illinois Health Department chief is mistaken (or simply lying) about how covid deaths are recorded?

Are you even paying attention to the conversation we are having?

Pretty much every post I have talked about the statistical significance of those numbers. You have no produced a sherrick of data which suggests this would be anything other than a fringe factor. I never once said its not happening.

I bet the Italians are stoked they've saved a few million dollars on those excess ICUs. That extra few million would really bite when you're spending hundreds of billions on stimulating the economy. But no I'm sure there's no stimulatory effect that comes from increasing ICU capacity. Imagine 'wasting' a few of those billion on making sure your population has access to good healthcare. Really odd so many people waste money on their house insurance as well. Even when it's like, really quite unlikely that their house would be damaged! Classic dumb Australians
You're going off on several tangents there. If the government restricts movement and economic activity, they're obliged to provide financial aid to mitigate the effects.

The Australian response to COVID-19 has been costed at $4b per week to our economy which equates to $160 per person per week.

fu** them. Steal their manufacturing ip and make it locally and call out the CCP for throwing childlike tantrums and the request for inquiry. Would love it if one of the aust politicians said the same thing or along the lines of “Chinese government only wants everyone to how and scrape there’s no working rationally with them; fortunately the Chinese people are smarter”
Find a way to stop iron ore shipments to them for a few weeks. With Brazil currently out of action, the Chinese economy will crash and they will suddenly see the light.

You're going off on several tangents there. If the government restricts movement and economic activity, they're obliged to provide financial aid to mitigate the effects.

The Australian response to COVID-19 has been costed at $4b per week to our economy which equates to $160 per person per week.
Yeah what does this have to do with the cost of upgrading ICUs? That's from reduced economic activity. My point is that the upgrading of the ICUs is inconsequential compared to costs of the lockdown measures and makes a lot of sense as a contingency plan, even if it happens not to be used on this occasion. Much like insurance you will occasionally need to spend money for no return to be prepared for the other occasions when things go badly

Yeah what does this have to do with the cost of upgrading ICUs? That's from reduced economic activity. My point is that the upgrading of the ICUs is inconsequential compared to costs of the lockdown measures and makes a lot of sense as a contingency plan, even if it happens not to be used on this occasion. Much like insurance you will occasionally need to spend money for no return to be prepared for the other occasions when things go badly
I have no problem with that.

Targeted spending to upgrade our public health system is money well spent, even if my taxes are increased to help pay for it.

30 new cases. Highest in a month. Why arent we shutting down once again?
The whole goal was to flatten the curve to allow health systems to cope.
Surely everyone acknowledges that opening things up will see a rise in cases again.
Think we can be relatively confident now in our processes around managing it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The dingbat in charge of Brazil makes Trump look rational. Their daily numbers are trending toward US levels. And I wouldn’t be surprised if they are massively underestimated due to their terrible testing rates. A disaster unfolding in that country.

Find a way to stop iron ore shipments to them for a few weeks. With Brazil currently out of action, the Chinese economy will crash and they will suddenly see the light.
That and other material like lithium.

The whole goal was to flatten the curve to allow health systems to cope.
Surely everyone acknowledges that opening things up will see a rise in cases again.
Think we can be relatively confident now in our processes around managing it.
But ummm our process for managing it was to shut things down. That was the process.

But ummm our process for managing it was to shut things down. That was the process.
I’m talking about health care processes for managing more cases.
Not the process of reducing cases.

There has been a lot of work facilitating work flows for managing this condition in the community and in hospitals.

The dingbat in charge of Brazil makes Trump look rational. Their daily numbers are trending toward US levels. And I wouldn’t be surprised if they are massively underestimated due to their terrible testing rates. A disaster unfolding in that country.
They're just lucky the drug lords have put the favelas in some sort of lockdown.

It was to slow it down, they don't have the stones to eradicate it.

The plan is for the same number of people to get this virus but over a longer period so less die due to resource scarcity.

I reckon the wealthy in Brazil are heading into hiding, there is going to be millions of unhappy campers there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back