Roast Up yours Oakley, you can still * off.

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s funny, Ross Oakley is on The Front Bar tonight, and all these years later, i still can’t stand that smarmy *. This guy tried to kill off Richmond, North, Fitzroy and the Bulldogs under his watch, while his precious Saints survived. He left clubs to die and wanted them to die. * the scumbag. Bloodbath over.

It’s funny, Ross Oakley is on The Front Bar tonight, and all these years later, i still can’t stand that smarmy fu**. This guy tried to kill off Richmond, North, Fitzroy and the Bulldogs under his watch, while his precious Saints survived. He left clubs to die and wanted them to die. fu** the scumbag. Bloodbath over.
You're being too civil regarding him. Still Demetroid was worse in my book.

On SM-J250F using BigFooty.com mobile app

You're being too civil regarding him. Still Demetroid was worse in my book.

On SM-J250F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Nah, Oakley then Andy D. The campaigner tried to kill our club. I can’t believe how much anger still boils up to the surface when i see or hear him.

It’s funny, Ross Oakley is on The Front Bar tonight, and all these years later, i still can’t stand that smarmy fu**. This guy tried to kill off Richmond, North, Fitzroy and the Bulldogs under his watch, while his precious Saints survived. He left clubs to die and wanted them to die. fu** the scumbag. Bloodbath over.
To think how much money the Afl pump into , gws, goldcoast and womens leage , to let a club die
Is sad , i was there at Fitzroys last game in melbourne , i was shattered for them and their supporters, saddest day at the footy ive ever been to, Oakley had no sympathy at all , just a prick of a bloke who didnt give a * about anyone.

Tell us what you really think, and they are still searching for the brick thrower

Is sad , i was there at Fitzroys last game in melbourne , i was shattered for them and their supporters, saddest day at the footy ive ever been to.

Agree. Horrible day. There was no contest (it was obvious we would win by plenty at 1/4 time) and some of us were even cheering if Fitzroy kicked a goal. The ending was very sad, with Fitzroy supporters running onto the ground to commiserate with the players, officials and other fans, and Richmond fans just standing quietly in the stands thinking 'that was nearly us'.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sad how some economists get passionate over economic rationalism...
Given that it involves dispassionate ruining of people's lives and livelihoods, I'd say it's fine and proper to be passionately against it, and psychopathic to be passionately for it.

Bit harsh on Oakley. I reckon we pretty well mismanaged our own team out of almost out of existence. We weren't the only Victorian club in trouble obviously. But the injection of the West Coast $4million, saved the VFL clubs. RFCs poor onfield performance at the Time the League was going national was on us. Let's hope RFC can benefit from COVID while we are in a strong position.

Economic rationalism can burn in hell.
We lucky to avoid extinction or merger. 1986, we are at the tail end of the GR influence. 1987 on the bottom of the ladder as expansion clubs are on the scene. Lucky Save our Skins saved us. And but for the grace of god avoided merger. But we've been at the wrong end of the ladder for too long, suffered compromised drafts. Now we are a really well run club, getting some hard earned reward on & off. If anything these kind of Oakley interviews are sobering. Anyone thinking of dropping the RFC memberships. Don't.

And like others here, myself and a Carlton mate went to their last game in Melbourne v us. The most soulless win i have even been too. And yes, we stayed and clapped the Roys off. It was the right thing to do.

At least he could pronounce essendon properly.
Dimwitreou was ok for his first few years, I will give him that. And I was mildly amusing that Ian Collins didn't get the top job. Then he surrounded himself with fawning sycophants and became a bit of a w***er.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back