Discussion 2020 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man what has happened to Clayton Oliver? Looked like one of the best young kids in true company a few years ago.
Slow start to the season but his numbers the last few years have been off the charts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seriously Clayton Oliver looks completely disinterested

"Lazy" footy, probably comfortable in the fact that it's Melb, he's not going to be displaced anytime soon and he's among those that need maybe Gawn to roundhouse to give a s**t and pull their finger out.

I find it strange when a situation like the one with Matt Crouch happens. He’s pretty clearly in their best 5-10, let alone best 22. If they’re a good team looking to make a statement to get a bit extra out of a good player (ala Dal Santo/Milne 2008) then I see its benefit of dropping him for a week, but not in a situation like this. I don’t see the logic. As was always going to be the case, they had to bring him in a week later, even though he obviously hasn’t adjusted his game in one week.

To be fair to Nicks, it’s pretty damn obvious that their midfield is too slow and should have let go of one of the Crouches at the end of 2019 when they would have gotten big value.

I find it strange when a situation like the one with Matt Crouch happens. He’s pretty clearly in their best 5-10, let alone best 22. If they’re a good team looking to make a statement to get a bit extra out of a good player (ala Dal Santo/Milne 2008) then I see its benefit of dropping him for a week, but not in a situation like this. I don’t see the logic. As was always going to be the case, they had to bring him in a week later, even though he obviously hasn’t adjusted his game in one week.

To be fair to Nicks, it’s pretty damn obvious that their midfield is too slow and should have let go of one of the Crouches at the end of 2019 when they would have gotten big value.

First year for Nicks though, Oct '19 he took the job, not exactly going to be wholesale "I'm going to junk this and keep that" in the space of 8 months and the s**t that has been AFL in 2020.

I'd be surprised if they don't junk a bit of the engine in the next 2 or so years depending on contract situations.

First year for Nicks though, Oct '19 he took the job, not exactly going to be wholesale "I'm going to junk this and keep that" in the space of 8 months and the sh*t that has been AFL in 2020.

I'd be surprised if they don't junk a bit of the engine in the next 2 or so years depending on contract situations.
Oh yeah absolutely. Definitely not his fault. He’s inherited an absolute mess of a list. Didn’t even get appointed until almost the end of the trade period from memory.

The crows remind of of us in 2013. Their list is horribly placed. Looking at their age demographic and lack of talent coming through, they should not be a bottom 10 side, much less a bottom 3 side. Crouch, Crouch, Sloane, Talia, Lynch, Seedsman, Smith, Laird, Brown, Hartigan all in their prime or senior players. I don’t see where they go from here.

Poor Crows, they look a lost cause. Was it 34 points against the only other side previously without a win?

I saw an article saying it was potentially the worst first half of football ever played by two sides and it was a US primetime game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back